Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This image of the front of the Academy looks like burlap in that front garden (zoom in and you can what looks like seams, maybe my imagination)

Burlap is used in landscaping and murder - didn't the long island serial killer also wrap victims in burlap?

I'm guessing that she was transported to the cave by car, and that the burlap was in the vehicle at the time of abduction.

One of my favorite police drama TV series took place in Baltimore.

According to UONDC, Greece had 0.75 homicides per 100.000 inhabitants in 2016. That is in the lower half in Europe and similar to Luxembourg and Ireland.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia
I have traveled all over the 1st and 3rd world and the only place I have ever been mugged or harmed any way was in Baltimore- that is why I used it as an example. Funny story: that night I had dinner with the Governor of Maryland, who I had never met, and he asked me how I liked Baltimore- so I told him.

Next day there must have been 1,000 police officers in an around the convention center.

See my previous post. These bunkers are on Trip Advisir. Anyone can find them. They attract tourists. Also people who come back every year should be familiar with the area.

True, but would a tourist know where to buy burlap? Her body was either covered or wrapped in burlap cloth. I also don't think a tourist would know if the cave was busy or not. A local would know that on a hot day not many people would be in the area of the cave. MOO.

True, but would a tourist know where to buy burlap? Her body was either covered or wrapped in burlap cloth. I also don't think a tourist would know if the cave was busy or not. A local would know that on a hot day not many people would be in the area of the cave. MOO.

It's always possible that a tourist knew about the cave, had a vehicle, had some burlap and decided to murder a 59 year old scientist, but more likely that it is a local who uses burlap in his day to day business who abducted the scientist and then hid her where he was sure she would not be immediately found.

Is there a reason burlap seems to be favored by killers?

From a profile of the Long Island Serial Killer who used burlap to dispose of his victims:
The burlap sacks provide another clue. He could be using them either because they are part of his killing ritual or because they are the easiest cover he can find.
He told Newsday last week that he believed that the killer could be a local resident who works in a job in which no one would be suspicious if he carried burlap bags.

“My guess,” Mr. Rifkin told the newspaper, “is it would be someone like a landscaper, contractor or a fisherman.”

Long Island Serial Killer Gets a Personality Profile

In this case the killer might also work with produce or farming.

I didn't know about the burlap earlier. As more details come forward, my possibilities are definitely narrowing. I mostly didn't want to jump to conclusions and rule out any and all potential suspects.

Wow I'm shocked and saddened to hear about the ear being cut off. This would exclude a car accident?

I'm also confused because the initial coroner report said there was no other trauma on her body. Where did the info about the ear come from? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be released but someone got insider info and needed a headline.

Another thing I'm wondering about is, if she was thrown through this hole into the cave how did the burlap end up covering her? Was it thrown in afterwards and just so happened to land on her? Or was she tightly wrapped in it?

I hope they get some dna off the burlap, the body might be too decomposed to yield any useful foreign dna. But the burlap should hold some skin cells. And it was clearly used by the perp.

As others, I lean towards that she was attacked by someone she knew, possibly an employee at the facility she was staying. I think it was most likely a local. Visitors might know about the cave but would they know about the hole too? The burlap would also point to a local rather than a visitor.

If her ear was really cut off it feels to me like anger. Someone had a grudge on her. Maybe they wanted something from her but she wouldn't give it, so as a threat they cut the ear.

All moo.

ETA: maybe the burlap was thrown over her to restrain and kidnap her. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Wow I'm shocked and saddened to hear about the ear being cut off. This would exclude a car accident?

I'm also confused because the initial coroner report said there was no other trauma on her body. Where did the info about the ear come from? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be released but someone got insider info and needed a headline.

Another thing I'm wondering about is, if she was thrown through this hole into the cave how did the burlap end up covering her? Was it thrown in afterwards and just so happened to land on her? Or was she tightly wrapped in it?

I hope they get some dna off the burlap, the body might be too decomposed to yield any useful foreign dna. But the burlap should hold some skin cells. And it was clearly used by the perp.

As others, I lean towards that she was attacked by someone she knew, possibly an employee at the facility she was staying. I think it was most likely a local. Visitors might know about the cave but would they know about the hole too? The burlap would also point to a local rather than a visitor.

If her ear was really cut off it feels to me like anger. Someone had a grudge on her. Maybe they wanted something from her but she wouldn't give it, so as a threat they cut the ear.

All moo.

ETA: maybe the burlap was thrown over her to restrain and kidnap her. Just a thought.

What... ear cut off?

The latest report from local Cretan site Flashnews.gr, published 15 minutes ago, confirms that she was stabbed in various parts of her body and her ear was cut off. There were no bullet wounds. Her death was caused by asphyxiation (mouth and nose). I did some searching and found quite a few shops in Crete that sell burlap and there's probably many more, so the police will have to do a lot of work to find where the specific piece came from.

The latest report from local Cretan site Flashnews.gr, published 15 minutes ago, confirms that she was stabbed in various parts of her body and her ear was cut off. There were no bullet wounds. Her death was caused by asphyxiation (mouth and nose). I did some searching and found quite a few shops in Crete that sell burlap and there's probably many more, so the police will have to do a lot of work to find where the specific piece came from.

There must be a bloody crime scene somewhere, either where she was abducted, in a vehicle, or perhaps in a third location. If someone can trace her movements, or knows where she jogged the previous two days, maybe more evidence can be found.

There must be a bloody crime scene somewhere, either where she was abducted, in a vehicle, or perhaps in a third location. If someone can trace her movements, or knows where she jogged the previous two days, maybe more evidence can be found.

Exactly. I'm also thinking, this petite 60 year old woman must have put up quite a fight for them to stab AND strangle her.. Or someone was REALLY mad at her. It's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong