Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could really be from anywhere in Europe. Movement is straightforward within the EU and it seems common for Roma communities to travel around not only in their home country, but between different countries too.

Here is a listing of missing 3-7 year olds with blue eyes from a global search site International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC.ORG):

Search Results Records Found: 7

HOLLY BRINGAN
UK0210STRATH221009c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 10/22/09
Age Now: 6
Missing from:
IRVINE, North Ayrshire, United Kingdom
View Poster
NPIA Missing Persons Bureau

GABRIELLE NICOLE DAHM
NCMC1154539c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 8/2/10
Age Now: 4
Missing from:
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
View Poster
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

CALEIGH ANNE HARRISON
NCMC1193809c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 4/19/12
Age Now: 4
Missing from:
ROCKPORT, MA
View Poster

EMILY ALINA KOYAMA
NCMC1115920c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 2/2/09
Age Now: 5
Missing from:
SPRINGFIELD, MO
View Poster

AYLA REYNOLDS
NCMC1185956c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 12/16/11
Age Now: 3
Missing from:
WATERVILLE, ME
View Poster

SHAKINA SENSABAUGH
NCMC1219680ac1t.jpg

Missing Since: 6/4/13
Age Now: 6
Missing from:
LOS ANGELES, CA
View Poster

NIKOLA SIECZKA
ITAK023c1t.jpg

Missing Since: 10/25/10
Age Now: 3
Missing from:
SIEDLCE, Poland
View Poster
ITAKA - Centre for Missing People

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_X1&

I can't remember the name of the girls, but two sisters disappeared after their father committed suicide in Europe somewhere. Do you guys know who I mean?

I think that is henna in her braids. i spent a lot of time in Bosnia and Henna was very popular with the Roma there. Also knew blonde children in that country and wonder about children missing from that region, including Serbia and Bulgaria. i wonder how well those countries keep track of missing kids. also wasnt there some cryptic message about those missing twins about looking for her at a Roma encampment?

it gets worse

from zwiebel's link:

"Subsequent checks revealed that the woman purporting to be girl's mother has two Greek ID cards listing different personal information. According to one of the identities, she is registered in Larisa and is the mother of five girls and one boy. In the other, she is mother of four girls and registered in Trikala.

Three of these children are listed as being born in a five-month period in 1993 and another three in a three-and-a-half month period in 1994-95."

ummm...

it gets worse

from zwiebel's link:

"Subsequent checks revealed that the woman purporting to be girl's mother has two Greek ID cards listing different personal information. According to one of the identities, she is registered in Larisa and is the mother of five girls and one boy. In the other, she is mother of four girls and registered in Trikala.

Three of these children are listed as being born in a five-month period in 1993 and another three in a three-and-a-half month period in 1994-95."

ummm...

Ugh! And, where are all those children now???

Those Roma kids with their criminal behavior, yes - guided, puppet-mastered
by the adult Romas, are a blight on Europe! JMVHO

Anyone discover a photo of the couple who had this precious child? Publishing their names and faces will go a long way to help the public to unravel this mystery IMO.

Just saw this ABC report...(respectfully snipped and pasted below)
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/greek-police-unknown-girl-gypsy-camp-20610533

Around 4 years old and going by the name Maria, the girl looked nothing like the couple she lived with, officials said Friday. DNA tests proved she wasn't their child, and further investigation raised even more suspicions: authorities allege the mother claimed to have given birth to six children in a total of less than 10 months, while 10 of the 14 children the couple registered as their own are unaccounted for.

As Greek officials now try to figure out the girl's true identity and whether the couple was linked to child trafficking rings, experts are using the case to point out the severe weaknesses in the country's birth registration system.

The child was found Wednesday near Farsala in central Greece. Police say they also found drugs and unregistered firearms in other parts of the Gypsy — or Roma — settlement, which is about 280 kilometers (170 miles) north of Athens.

....The suspects are alleged to have offered conflicting initial accounts about how they came to have the child — that the girl was found in a blanket, that she was handed to them by strangers or that she had a foreign father.

But their lawyer, Marietta Palavra, said they took her out of charity, through an intermediary, while she was just days old from a foreign stranger who said she could not support her daughter........

.......Officers found another two little girls and a boy living with them in the settlement; their relationship to the couple hasn't yet been verified, but authorities say they bear a resemblance to the couple, whose pictures and identities have not been released.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/greek-police-unknown-girl-gypsy-camp-20610533?page=2

Page 2 of 2
" A City of Athens statement Friday complained that "extremely problematic and antiquated" Greek law allows people to register babies as their own on the basis of one person's declaration backed by two witnesses. The statement said that, in practice, parents can delay registering their children until they turn 18.

The young girl found in the Roma settlement had been registered in Athens, from where the couple had obtained a birth certificate. Giannopoulos' charity said none of the children declared missing in Greece matched the girl's profile, and that she is undergoing medical examinations though she seems in overall good health.

"We are shocked by how easy it is for people to register children as their own," Giannopoulos said. "There is much more to investigate. There are other registered children that were not found in the settlement, and I believe police will unravel a thread that doesn't just have to do with the girl."

I hope authorities took all of the children in, because otherwise they'll vanish as soon as authorities leave!

I think that is henna in her braids. i spent a lot of time in Bosnia and Henna was very popular with the Roma there. Also knew blonde children in that country and wonder about children missing from that region, including Serbia and Bulgaria. i wonder how well those countries keep track of missing kids. also wasnt there some cryptic message about those missing twins about looking for her at a Roma encampment?

Yes, " Maria" probably was doing something with henna, look at her hands in this pic. 3 of 3.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/crime...found-in-Gypsy-camp-4906701.php#photo-5337384

She will just have heard about this case, it's all over Brit media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82