Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the parents have several different stories about where the child came from I don't know why their word should be taken about Bulgaria either.

Yes, " Maria" probably was doing something with henna, look at her hands in this pic. 3 of 3.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/crime...found-in-Gypsy-camp-4906701.php#photo-5337384

I'm guessing that part of what is on her hands besides just dirt (they said she was filthy) is fingerprint ink from LE.

It also appears to me her hair was dyed. Children in Roma communities are often used to steal. If taken to one country for this purpose she may blend in better as a blonde to steal, or in another she may blend in better as dark haired in order to steal. If she was kidnapped much later than close to her birth, they may have dyed her hair so she wouldn't be recognized.

This is so sad. :(

The main source of income from children is that the so-called parents were able to claim child support for her. that's why they had different identities and so many children registered to their name. An alien concept for the Americans on this board, most if not all European countries will pay you a certain monthly sum for each child toward their upkeep. In Germany, you'd get about EUR 400 (over $ 500) a month for two children. With more than 10 children registered to their name you do the math, even if they get substantially less in Greece. That explains the incentive to have many children, the income from the begging is not the primary motivation.

I'm afraid that she was mostly like sold to the Roma family.
Not to exclude any reported missing children, but to me, I don't think that's possible.
I do hope they find out who and where she comes from though so action can be properly taken and she can then grow up in a safe environment.

It looks like her hair was dyed brown and is growing out...

im a cosmetologist and that was my first thought when i saw her pic. it is more common to have blonde when born and darken with age. odd!

Long detailed article with great photos..
Activities of some Roma...

"Roma gangs have been accused of trafficking hundreds of children across Europe to steal

Roma gangs have been accused of trafficking hundreds of children to and from countries including Britain to mug and steal as part of an ‘international criminal network’.

Boys and girls as young as 10 are being used to make more than £2000 a month each, through crimes organised by Fagin-like bosses.

Around 200 children are thought to be involved, with much of their tax free income being smuggled back to Romania to buy property.

Details of the sinister 'family' network emerged during an appeal last year in Paris against a five-year-prison sentence by Remus Stoian, a 40-year-old Romanian national.

He was found guilty alongside Palos Constantine, a compatriot also aged 40, of organising an ‘international criminal network which aimed to bring minors to France to commit theft.’

Both men were based with their ‘extended clan’ at an illegal Roma campsite in the St Denis suburb of Paris, and regularly 'trafficked' children between ‘France, Romania and even England’, a judicial source told Le Figaro.

The Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris said Stoian and Constantine had been wire tapped as they discussed the successes of their operation, which is still being run by relatives.

The conversations reveals that children were ‘selected by hand’, with Stoain saying at one point: ‘You need four to five people who can work for you, and each can bring in between 100 and 150 euros a day.

You can bring in 3000 euros a month.'

The young criminal gangs are taken to top tourists spots, including central London to steal from people. The reason for keeping the children moving between different countries is so that they can not be 'traced' to the adults exploiting them.

Another Romanian in the gang said he had 11 children working for him personally, with a 'clan chief' ultimately being responsible for the whole operation."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onde-girl-abducted-gypsies.html#ixzz2iBEmfMwW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They could have dyed or henna'd her hair .....and also she could have been wearing a hat so that would have hidden her blonde on top...so you would only see her pigtails/plaits

Hope they find out who she is...

Pictures of the couple will be released on monday.

Do u think if she was given /taken at birth.. anyone would recognise her ?

My youngest daughter looks so different to when she was a baby

This is the house where a stolen four-year-old girl was living with a gypsy family after allegedly being snatched from her parents.

Police chief Vasilis Halatsis fears the couple are involved in a lucrative benefits racket.

They claim to have three families, and get handouts of around £6,900 a month.

British parents are among hundreds of desperate families to have got in contact to claim the girl could belong to them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pictured-house-stolen-blonde-girl-2470384

It has been reported Ben Needham's mother wants her DNA checked against this little girls, she believes this girl could be her grand daughter. All due this being the same gypsy camp which was looked at during Ben search

BBM - They are used as little thieves! Lots of them surround their victim. They place a piece of cardboard between the victim and the little thieves to mask what they are doing. They wide eyed stare at the victim while loudly pleading in their native tongue to distract the victim while they are feverishly unzipping/unclipping the victims handbag to steal the victims wallet or pick their pocket. Adult Roma nearby and in whispering tones keeps them on their mission. They are ruthless little street urchins who pray upon victims sympathy for their seemingly poor state while they are robbing the victim outright.

All controlled, manipulated, puppet-mastered by the adult Roma.

I actually had that happen to me in Florence. Right down to the cardboard. I don't remember why I was being so cautious at the time (usually I'm not), but I didn't have my purse with me and all of my cash was in my shoe irrc. They ended up being disappointed with a just a polar fleece glove from my jacket pocket.

It has been reported Ben Needham's mother wants her DNA checked against this little girls, she believes this girl could be her grand daughter. All due this being the same gypsy camp which was looked at during Ben search

Funny, I thought the same when I looked at her picture. She could be Ben Needham's daughter.

I am posting a link below of. Little girl who went missing in Poland . Yes, this was twenty years ago. But the picture is what I would imagine that Maria looked like as a baby. Just as pointed up re Needham being Maria's parent. Monika in this link could very we'll be Maria's mother. To me, the pic of Monika is what Maria may have looked like.

http://www.interpol.int/Missing-Per...s_Color=BLU&IPSGT_Hair=&free=&missing_search=

I really hope they find this little girls family ASAP. Wondering how well she will adjust to real life outside the camps? To me she looks to be about 5, maybe 6.

MOO

Her hair looks darker, reddish in that video.

I am posting a link below of. Little girl who went missing in Poland . Yes, this was twenty years ago. But the picture is what I would imagine that Maria looked like as a baby. Just as pointed up re Needham being Maria's parent. Monika in this link could very we'll be Maria's mother. To me, the pic of Monika is what Maria may have looked like.

She might be Polish very well. Also I would consider her to be Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian, Scandinavian, maybe German or Dutch.

If Lisa was as big as they claimed she was when she went missing and the story about the "birth certificate" being bought overseas were true, I could see it. The media has said the Roma couple got her in 2011. IMO she does look like Lisa. I doubt it's her, but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
One of the articles said "Maria" was also immature for her age. If Lisa's height is accurate she is off the charts tall for her age. She really does look like her. If by some crazy chance it were her, I'm afraid I would have to stand hard against her being returned to those awful parents though. Just sayin.

http://news.sky.com/ a video of the girl when she was younger

Thanks for posting video. It looks like she is being trained to dance Roma style.
" Maria's" hair does look more like strawberry blonde and appears to me to have that somewhat bulging fore-head that some might consider a sign of lack of vitamin D imo.
Interesting that she has kept her pale skin and yet possibly begs in the outdoors of a hot Greek climate....hoping that her" work "is outside anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member