Grocery Stores Pull Arizona Lettuce From Shelves

Discussion in 'Food, Drug & Product Recalls National & Internatio' started by Steely Dan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/grocery-stores-pull-arizona-lettuce-shelves-15263011#.Tv7q4YHO-Sp

Grocery Stores Pull Arizona Lettuce From Shelves
    By BRIAN SKOLOFF Associated Press
    SALT LAKE CITY December 31, 2011 (AP)

Heads of iceberg lettuce are being removed from grocery store shelves in at least seven states after salmonella was found in an Arizona field adjacent to the grower's property.

None of the lettuce in the markets has tested positive for salmonella but the grower alerted retailers of the test results and sought a withdrawal of the product "out of an abundance of caution."

"There's no evidence of contamination on any product whatsoever," Jamie Strachan, CEO of Salinas, Calif.-based Growers Express, told The Associated Press on Friday....

2. Loading...

3. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll ask, just to be sure, where my store's lettuce comes from...call it an overabundance of caution on my end, but we just got rid of the flu around here, so the last thing we need is a nice round of salmonella to finish the year.

4. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

BBM

I'd just call it smart.

5. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Wow, a preemptive move-- that IS news. Good for them, this is how things should work.

6. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Good move.