Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by daisy7, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nephers

nephers New Member

It's really not as horrible as it sounds. My boyfriend has it on his site. He is a musician by night, nothing suspicious. His contact info is right on the site. He has it because soon after he registered the domain name, he started getting calls and mail saying his domain was up for renewal, send "x" amount of money to such and such address. It was all scam stuff. He knew it wasn't up for renewal but people fall for that all the time and it's very hard to get your money back. Generally speaking, it is used more to protect your wallet rather than your identity. It is actually part of his "upselling" routine when on sales calls. He works from home so I hear the sales pitch several times a day.

Don't get me wrong, my hinky meter is up on this organization also. Any non profit organization should be very easy to track. The info should be right on the website. I find it very strange there is no address or contact info on the site (that I saw).

2. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

By getting your information and 'pledge' ------------:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
    http://bringkidshome.org/donation.htm

"[SIZE=-2]Bring Kids Home is an IRS authorized 501(c)(3) Public Charity." <------------ really? What is your tax id number then? Why can't I find it??????????????? [/SIZE]

3. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

That just doesn't make sense for a legitimate non-profit. Their info is supposed to be public information.

4. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

Journalists have Facebook pages ,also.

5. Tiki

Tiki Active Member

I was suspicious right away. the land problem plus selling bricks with no plan for the memorial yet. they ask for info so it could be a phishing scam.

I submitted it to snopes.com and hope to get an answer.

I searched there for Caylee Anthony and found this FaceBook
    phishing scam

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/phishing/casey.asp

6. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Selling bricks for the path for $85.00 I believe. It was mentioned earlier in the thread. Smells like two dead squirrels plastered to the frame of a Pontiac to me. jmo

7. Purple Iris

Purple Iris New Member

Miss James ~
    The Florida State Attorney Generals office would be a good starting point.
    That agency looks into frauds, etc.

One ring-a-dingy, two ringy dingy.........anyone???

8. nephers

nephers New Member

Just out of curiosity, I looked up redcross.org on the whois database. It also has private registration. That is a very legitimate company that has nothing to hide.

On a side note, I'm not trying to argue with anybody, I swear. I was just trying to help clear up what private registration is and why it is used.

9. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Is it really RED CROSS or just the use of the name for some other purpose?

If this was actually a plan it would have to be filed with the city, approved, etc. Why would this have not been news for WFTV? I would think someone would be making some type of deal out of it. jmo

10. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

Does anyone remember the name of the actual owner of the land on Suburban? There was some kind of controversy 2 or 3 years back about the fence and no trespassing signs. He was contacted for something, I can't remember, was it when LP wanted to buy the land? Maybe LP knows his name.

11. bookworm474

bookworm474 New Member

Casey isn't the only scam artist out there.

12. Tiki

Tiki Active Member

I clicked on the purchase button

found

Order Policy: Donations to a Public Charity are Non-Refundable, but also bricks are engraved and warehoused in preparation for construction. If for any reason (permits, environmental issues, etc.) a memorial can not be built, the brick can be shipped to you along with a wire stand and a certificate. Look for an email confirmation.

13. Purple Iris

Purple Iris New Member

If I remember right, the neighborhood DOES NOT want it from the feedback that was received when Leonard P wanted to buy that land and do something with it a couple of years ago.

14. eleni777

eleni777 New Member

They should make it a public park...Call it Caylee's Place, with swing sets, sliding board, merry go round...that would be a great way to memorialize her.

15. Tiki

Tiki Active Member

I certainly hope WESH didn't annouce this without checking it out - you know, to get the scoop.
    Is it on any other Orlando news site?

16. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Good Lord......THE LIGHTNING STRIKE!!!!!

17. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Think about it. If you were a loving Mom would you take your child there only to have your child ask, "Why did her mommy kill her, Mommy?"

18. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

http://800mail.com/lookups/np.asp?ein=263337415

BRING KIDS HOME
    In Care of Name T SEGURA
    Address PO BOX 62
    SUSSEX, NJ 07461-0062
    MapG MapY MapV
    IRS Subsection 501(c)(3) - A religious, educational, charitable, scientific or literary organization.
    Type of Foundation Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public
    Type of Organization Corporation
    Deductibility Contributions are deductible
    Tax I.D. Number 263337415
    Exempt Since 08-2009
    Form 990 Requirement Not required to file (income less than $25,000)
    Last 990 Form Filed 12-2009
    Form 990 Amount $4,000
    Classification Children's, Youth Services

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regardless of the above information, it still reeks of a scam to me.

19. Purple Iris

Purple Iris New Member

There ya go ~ "If for some reason"; blah, blah, blah... They ALREADY know it is not going to be built, IMO.

So, for $85 bucks you "might" get lucky to get a homemade brick with your name barely able be to be seen, and wire clothes hanger stand.
    I've bought a "block kit" for our grandkids to make walking stones and bricks for me. The kit was about $8 and had enough cement/brick mix for 4 bricks. It had letters that you pressed into the frame set while the mix was still wet. We bought quick set cement and made additional frames of different sizes for the kids to make and decorate with shells, dollar store toy dinasours, rocks, marbles, whatever they wanted.

20. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

There is that NJ connection again. :banghead:

So, why would their press release say, New York, NY????
    http://www.freeprnow.com/pr/caylee-anthony-memorial-walkway-project