Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

This angel, cross , statue whatever, could be the finalized design as opposed to Jefree's conceptional(only in your dreams) design. And at a cost of 150K if I believe their donated loot to date. They would not have to buy the property since it can be put on any public place with a permit.
Apropos, their founder "the Champ" has also vamooshed into cyberheaven on their website. Sometimes, I wonder if they have possession of Dr.Who's Tardis since BKH frequently modifies already past history on their website. Must be nice to be able to change the past in order to dovetail in with your current plans(scams)..

But is this property a "public place"? I thought it was simply an unimproved privately owned parcel of land.

But is this property a "public place"? I thought it was simply an unimproved privately owned parcel of land.

It is private property. But, BKH has mentioned before something to the effect that if the public doesn't want the memorial they'll put it up elsewhere. Plus, BKH would have to have the site made public (get zoning and variances, etc) after they buy it. IF they ever do, which doesn't seem likely any time soon. JMO
BKH had also mentioned in the past that they'd like the county to buy it for a public park but I bet that ain't gonna happen. Not in my lifetime anyway. lol

BKH hardly ever updates anymore...there's no mention of plans, fundraisers, or anything else. I would be surprised if they aren't defunct soon. jmo

I don't know how this slipped by me, lol. Can't find a date for it either but this page mentions no further comments due to a pending lawsuit against the Orlando Sentinel. It's probably an old page, might have been mentioned here before, I'm not sure.

http://www.bringkidshome.org/sentinel.htm

I checked the Orange County clerk website to see if the Orlando Sentinel had lawsuits filed..they do but Bring Kids Homes is NOT one of them

At the link BKH posted POTENTIAL Libel Litigation

I'm so sick of people hiding behind the skirt of religion. Just say what they mean 'I want to live off the misery of missing children through your donations'.
:banghead:

:waitasec: Very Strange, but of course, still waiting for this kind gesture of a reflection park/walkway that was all over the news. Where's that? :maddening:

Sort of O/T, but we had a huge newspaper article last week about a certain televangelist and his wife who are being sooo investigated-supposedly one of their own children gave information about missing funds-that one goes without saying-Always love how they tv preach and ask for those donations, then they go home to one of their many beachside mansions or have been seen driving one of their many luxury cars to shop at various luxury shops, or take off for travel in one of their private jets. Makes me so sick - you're right, they do live off the misery of others. Needs to be stopped.

:waitasec: Very Strange, but of course, still waiting for this kind gesture of a reflection park/walkway that was all over the news. Where's that? :maddening:

Sort of O/T, but we had a huge newspaper article last week about a certain televangelist and his wife who are being sooo investigated-supposedly one of their own children gave information about missing funds-that one goes without saying-Always love how they tv preach and ask for those donations, then they go home to one of their many beachside mansions or have been seen driving one of their many luxury cars to shop at various luxury shops, or take off for travel in one of their private jets. Makes me so sick - you're right, they do live off the misery of others. Needs to be stopped.

I know what you mean BigMomma. The next city over from us has new church's and they are huge and fancy. What ever happened to the day's of a small family like church or services out doors?

I know what you mean BigMomma. The next city over from us has new church's and they are huge and fancy. What ever happened to the day's of a small family like church or services out doors?

I'd perfer a community church over a mega church. My son, the one I spoke of, got himself invovled in a questionable church, using tactics to get more money out of their congreagation-sounds like manipulation through the good word. That's so wrong. We go to church for the spiritual food, not what we can put into their pockets. jmo.

I guess BKH has no other choice but to move on to greener pastures. Common sense is telling me there's no way there will ever be a walkway on Suburban. The HOA alone will fight it all the way and I'm sure the residents are right behind them on that one.

Just when I thought this org had disappeared, they are now apparently starting a nondenominational church. Doesn't say where, got to request the info.

http://www.facebook.com/BringKidsHome?sk=wall

Wow, wonder if their Fla "director" Eddie DelValle of "for profit" TBC Productions (apparently a one man band, similar to BKH) will be involved in that. Would be right up his alley. Especially since it is restricted to the Orlando area only for this "National" Non profit Org , and on DelValle's stomping grounds.
BKH made earlier statements that the Caylee Memorial was targeted to be completed by Caylee's birthday August 5, this year. LOL, except for requesting/raking in money, the only action, it has not even been physically started yet. And I will eat my hat if it ever will.:what:

Just when I thought this org had disappeared, they are now apparently starting a nondenominational church. Doesn't say where, got to request the info.

http://www.facebook.com/BringKidsHome?sk=wall

Their facebook says to email them if you'd like to stop by the new church they've "launched" with their partners.

Guess they feel the need to control the attendees as this is certainly not an open invitation.

Gosh, everything that has any attachment to Casey just reeks, doesn't it? Even the churches involved, whether they support her or not, they're both very unhealthy.

Something strange...

The BKH website states they started fundraising in the summer of 2011 (probably a typo?) and their fundraising goal was $200,000 and they've raised all but $50,000 of that.
http://www.bringkidshome.org/update.htm

Yet, their 2009 tax return (their first tax return) shows assets of $4,000 and their 2010 and 2011 tax returns show less than $50,000 income (or funds raised).

What am I missing here? Lol
http://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/display...ome&resultsPerPage=25&zipCode=&deductibility=

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2009/263/337/2009-263337415-06186014-Z.pdf

Also, I note their address on the 2011 tax return changed back to the Sussex NJ address (from Bellevue WA). I can't find them registered as a charity in NJ...I remember they first claimed to be registered in NJ but then a reporter found they'd lost their charitable status there (link near beginning of thread), then they filed their address as being in Bellevue WA. And while they are listed as a charity in WA, they do not have to be registered there (I think because of their low revenue, not sure).

In any event, something doesn't add up. Why am I not surprised, lol.

I wish someone could audit their books....

It is interesting that money amounts were being talked about regarding the memorial and nothing ever has materialized on that yet-So it sounds like they are taking whatever money that was 'earmarked' for that endeavor and are now going to use it perhaps for a church? I agree, they need to be fully investigated to the point of linkage-who they are in with-I'm sure it would be quite interesting.

Apparently there will be a "peace walk" in honor of Caylee on July 17, 2012. Courtesy of Eddie Delvalle, who is with Bring Kids Home. But this was only posted on his own website http://tbcproductions.com/
No mention of BringKidsHome. Strange. And strange it isn't on the Bring Kids Home website.

Looks like Delvalle had another walk today (Caylee's birthday) and this time it is mentioned on BKH website with a link to TBC productions. Guess they took "what's that clue" suggestion.

August 9th, Caylee Peacewalk

The Sun Casts Light on the Darkness
Together We Can Make a Difference and Brighten
The Quality of Life for All Children

http://www.bringkidshome.org/#anchor15440

Also this day was supposed to have been the targeted completion date of the Caylee's walkway. Not that we were holding our breath for that mirage. Guess we understood it all wrong. That money they collected was for an annual Caylee peace walk(way).

They also drastically changed their detailed update which previously mentioned 150 K collected and some stabs to folks that did not contribute.
It now reads as follows;

The Memorial Walkway Project

Bring Kids Home is committed to building a Memorial to remember Missing and Abused children in America; we have estimated $200,000 in total costs to complete the project and under the current economic downturn remain short of the funds neccesary to move forward.

We point out that Bring Kids Home and our strategic partners are paying for the memorial with less then $4,000 in public donations; the majority of the funding comes through corporate, foundation, and grant sources.

We continue to work on securing the remaining shortfall. We don't care how long it takes. A substantial memorial for Missing and Abused Children will be constructed in America to complete our vision.

By law donations to Public Charities are Non-Refundable, however our policy is to refund donations if we receive a reasonable written request. We thank all donors who have supported this project.

Jmo, BKH sounds a little testy in their update...perhaps many people asking for refunds, or at the very least wondering where their money went.

Wondering, what is a "reasonable request" for a refund verses an unreasonable one? Lol

Jmo, BKH sounds a little testy in their update...perhaps many people asking for refunds, or at the very least wondering where their money went.

Wondering, what is a "reasonable request" for a refund verses an unreasonable one? Lol

You have to wonder what is a memorial going to do for missing children. What would be the point when money is needed for other things such as counseling for mother's who are overwhelmed with the responsibility of raising a child. I guess they think by building a memorial some mother at the end of her rope will look at it and say..."Oh yes, now I get it. Everything has become perfectly clear to me." And, hey....$600,000 would have built a fine memorial or maybe helped a number of mothers who needed that counseling or one particular mother who had lost their child and just needed a computer so she could keep in touch with her soulmates. I think most of that money went to the latter. jmo

Looks like Delvalle had another walk today (Caylee's birthday) and this time it is mentioned on BKH website with a link to TBC productions. Guess they took "what's that clue" suggestion.

August 9th, Caylee Peacewalk

The Sun Casts Light on the Darkness
Together We Can Make a Difference and Brighten
The Quality of Life for All Children

http://www.bringkidshome.org/#anchor15440

Also this day was supposed to have been the targeted completion date of the Caylee's walkway. Not that we were holding our breath for that mirage. Guess we understood it all wrong. That money they collected was for an annual Caylee peace walk(way).

They also drastically changed their detailed update which previously mentioned 150 K collected and some stabs to folks that did not contribute.
It now reads as follows;

The Memorial Walkway Project

Bring Kids Home is committed to building a Memorial to remember Missing and Abused children in America; we have estimated $200,000 in total costs to complete the project and under the current economic downturn remain short of the funds neccesary to move forward.

We point out that Bring Kids Home and our strategic partners are paying for the memorial with less then $4,000 in public donations; the majority of the funding comes through corporate, foundation, and grant sources.

We continue to work on securing the remaining shortfall. We don't care how long it takes. A substantial memorial for Missing and Abused Children will be constructed in America to complete our vision.

By law donations to Public Charities are Non-Refundable, however our policy is to refund donations if we receive a reasonable written request. We thank all donors who have supported this project.

Thanks for finding this.
I think we all remember the previous update of 150 k collected. How could they have had that amount of money with their claimed charity tax status as shown on the link? The IRS really needs to crack down on these charities. They must move money around faster than a magician!
By the way, I copied and pasted this so the spelling is theirs. LOL

Where Can I Find Tax and Other Documents for Bring Kids Home?
Bring Kids Home documents can easily be accessed on the Public Interent by many third-party websites who have posted our documents for public access. Bring Kids Home doe not have to file extensive reports with the IRS because we are under the $50,000 limit as a small public volunteer charity with no salaries.

On the TBC site, under which category are they placing Caylee?

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE CAYLEE MARIE 2nd ANNUAL PEACEWALK IN HONOR OF CAYLEE MARIE AND ALL THE CHILDREN WHO HAVE DEPARTED TOO SOON THRU VIOLENCE, ABUSE, NEGLECT AND HOMICIDE.

Also, BBM, I noticed that they are no longer promising the memorial will be on Suburban Drive in Orlando, FL but now in America.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back