GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Discussion in 'Trials' started by JanetElaine, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterhike

Winterhike Well-Known Member

BabyPedia™ - The Baby Encyclopedia - Home Page

Not saying this is what BSR was looking for (it's not a particularly informative site), just showing that it exists.

gitana1, Cindizzi, MyBelle and 6 others like this.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yes. She decided to conceal the pregnancy which was hard. She decided to ignore the several calls from the doctor. She decided to forgoe follow up prenatal care. She decided to not pursue adoption. She decided to conceal the birth. She decided not to seek help for herself or her baby during birth. She decided not to seek help for her baby after birth. She decided to not report the supposed still born death to the police. She decided to conceal the body.

3. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

I'd rather have a medical examiner or forensic pathologist than a coroner. Coroner's aren't always required to have specific experience... Elected, not appointed. Jmo

I'm unsure of the qualifications of the coroner in this part of OH

nighttime, osu, Knox and 1 other person like this.
  4. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

She could have called 911 or went across to her brother's room or downstairs to wake up her parents.

She chose to do neither.

gitana1, Alcina and Jewels53 like this.
  5. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Thank you. Yes I saw that one too but didn’t see any information or items for babies on that page.

I’m pretty sure Rittgers said she was looking for baby clothes on Babypedia but I’ll have to go back and rewatch it again to be sure.

6. gitana1

I read it.

Tillicum, osu and Jewels53 like this.
  7. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

I posted about BSR making decisions previously on this thread. I respectfully disagree with saying she made decisions. Living in denial and fear would not be a decision or choice for someone like BSR.

I shall take a seat and say no more - at least til tomorrow ;)

altojack, MTW2011, LovelyB and 6 others like this.
  8. Francesca

Francesca Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree - as I said, the baby was doomed, and without the injury, IMO, Skylar was capable of directly causing the baby's death. The head injury seems like excessive force for someone who wants to pretend the baby doesn't exist, so I think it happened another way, and birth into the toilet seems logical to me.
    The psychologist arguing that she might have been coerced into confessing because she's a people pleaser who wants to put on a perfect veneer and defers to authority, isn't considering that her biggest authority is her mother, who would not be pleased to see a baby appear. Someone with a personality disorder can rationalise the fear of the mother into a motive for murder.

altojack, gitana1, osu and 2 others like this.
  9. gitana1

Yeah in that case they just failed to do blood tests before determining she would die within days if not locked up due to anorexia. I myself was diagnosed after half an hour assessment and no medical testing. My parents told I would die quickly if they didn't lock me up. It was a nightmare. The psych referring people was in on the insurance scam I guess.

But the other gal they discovered her issue within a day or two after doing blood tests when she got super sick. She had not been diagnosed with diabetes prior.

osu, Spellbound and Jewels53 like this.
  10. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

But if she had taken a stillborn baby to a safe haven and an investigation into the child’s death was opened, an autopsy would’ve easily proven so and she wouldn’t be on trial right now.

MTW2011, gitana1, Tillicum and 5 others like this.
  11. Winterhike

Agree, except I think the reason BSR kept saying things like "maybe I squeezed her too hard" is that the baby's true COD was suffocation or asphyxiation rather than a head injury (unless there was also a head injury sustained during the course of the birth itself, maybe while falling into the toilet like you say).

gitana1, quadlatte, Seattle1 and 2 others like this.
  12. gitana1

I agree with everything here. Although I waver between murder and manslaughter.

Alcina, osu, byo and 1 other person like this.
  13. princessdana

princessdana Well-Known Member

14. princessdana

princessdana Well-Known Member

maybe she just let things happen and didn't do anything about it. that would be making poor decisions

altojack, gitana1 and Francesca like this.
  15. Winterhike

This is a terrifying scenario! I'm truly sorry you had to go through that. I've been through my share of hospitalizations for an ED long ago and pretty much hated every second of being locked up; can't imagine how much more traumatizing it would have been if I really didn't even need to be there. (I... realllllllllly needed to be there.)

16. gitana1

I think her mom knew. The texts indicate she had to have known. And I believe she was tacitly instructing her kid to get rid of it by any means that could be kept secret. The texts made me believe this.

I don't think she knew how far along she was though.

I also think she was wildly happy when her daughter showed her how she shed the "weight" over night.

By then she damn well knew her kid had a bulging belly, she knew the doctor had sent an email indicating her kid was pregnant, she said people were talking about her stomach, she seemed panicked about the possibility of her kid bringing a baby to term "your life will be ruined!" And she knew that onnone day her kid weighed one weight and on the next she dropped 32 pounds and showed off a clearly post-partum belly.

She knew. IMO.

Weki, altojack, Alcina and 14 others like this.
  17. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

I think it’s easy to get caught up in sympathizing with BSR (I certainly do at so many points) and therefore try to rationalize to a degree what “she must have been going through” when she gave birth.

However....

When I stand back and think about seeing the proverbial forest through the trees..... it’s comes down to the fact she did nothing to try to keep the baby during the childbirth. Emotional abuse by family aside, dysfunctional relationships aside, the fear of rejection aside, previous sexual abuse aside- even NOT wanting the baby aside- she did not try to ensure a safe birth.

She did not know it would be a stillborn child (if it was), so one would expect the birthing mother to try to keep a baby alive during and after childbirth. The fact she did not seek help is where the child endangerment charge makes sense to me. Even if you don’t want the baby, you try it keep it alive and BSR did not. And if you don’t try to keep the baby alive, then you want it dead.

Just a tragic situation for her to find herself in, no doubt. But being scared of mommy is no excuse.

MOO.

18. Jewels53

Jewels53 GO CHIEFS!

Those are major decisions when another life is at stake. imo

19. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

I didn’t hear of skull fractures. The testimony was that the various segments of skull bone would not ever have been fused; rather, they would have been joined by a membrane which would have been decomposed when found.

Winterhike, Spellbound and Jewels53 like this.
  20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I hate that she was sexually abused at any age, but citing age 12 bothered me as well.

Seems defense wanted to closely relate this alleged incident to the onset of her eating disorder. Also, US grade by age charts correlate grades 6-7 with age 12.

gitana1, Cindizzi, Francesca and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.