GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree JSR and like her son I think she "blamed Michelle" for the whole thing. Her hatred of Michelle was evident with her comments on the stand "Michelle didn't like it of course". "they had to go to Starbucks bc Michelle didn't like Gerald's coffee..."

I agree. I think her testimony certainly showed a very deep dislike for her former daughter-in-law. Dislike that has carried over that many years and even after her violent brutal death is very telling.

I also agree it appears that there are families out there that just don't quite seem "right". The Anthonys are one, The Youngs are another, and Scott's family also had issues. Those issues don't excuse the murders but it certainly is interesting to note the similarities.

Calling gritguy!! He can answer this for us. Gritguy do you see any type of "reverseable" error which might cause an appeal??

I think Vinnie mentioned the second degree being added and the part about him being in concert with someone else when the evidence didnt support that.

He will lose his appeal though. The evidence pointing to guilt was overwhelming.

IMO

Hi Everyone,

Emotions are running high and understandably so.

Please, I am pleading with you, keep in mind our terms of service.

Out TOS in its shortest form is this:

Don't be a jerk and don't attack each other.

If you don't agree with someone please say so but no need to be rude about it.

If someone is rude to you then hit the alert button rather than respond. It is the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post.

If you are getting too worked up take a break from the computer. You can always come back.

I appreciate your participation in the forum but keep in mind our moderators are all volunteers with personal lives. When things get too hot then their lives are disrupted as well.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Tricia

NeJame... "this was a common sense jury"

I couldn't agree more!

Calling gritguy!! He can answer this for us. Gritguy do you see any type of "reverseable" error which might cause an appeal??

The only thing that concerned me is the introduction of the wrongful death suit and it's outcome.

An attorney at CNN, mentioned that criminal appeals are extremely difficult to win.

I will be closing this thread in a couple of minutes.

You may be right. Something is just 'off' with that entire family.
I love my children more than life itself, but I would never condone, uphold, or aid and abet any one of them in something like this.

You are so right, NC. When my children did something wrong, I was the first one to march them over to apologize. To make RIGHT whatever it was they did wrong. I never took the position 'my child would never do that.' I grilled my kids, like a detective, to get to the truth. If my kid was in the right, I fought for them, but if they were in the wrong, they paid the price. They learned very young, what they did was their responsibility to make amends for. Too bad the little Imp was never made to behave properly. :maddening: Perhaps Michelle would be alive today if everything JLY did wasn't condoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member