GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheering from UK also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hark! I also chose door numeral 4. The bright color and jumpsuit, so much more becoming and quite stylish the jailbirds are. The colorful bracelets are a nice POP of color, I might ad.

Tisk, tisk, the grass is greener on the other side of the law! Maybe ole Dis will get to see it every once in a while and hopefully soon, the ole bat Mat Mat will join him.

View attachment 122507

Sidney Moorer is so evil he basically bragged about what he did to Heather to his cousin. He needs to be under the jail.

Don't know if this has been posted - talks about appeals - I'm still reading the thread!

http://wbtw.com/2017/08/31/myrtle-beach-attorney-breaks-down-sidney-moorer-case/

McCoy also said he doesn’t think it’s worth appealing the 10 year sentence because Sidney would likely get out of jail in a year and a half while an appeal would take closer to two years.
“If this thing gets appealed, it’s probably going to a judge who doesn’t know anything about it. He’s gonna look at it in a microscope and say ‘why was this let in? Why was this pertinent to him telling a lie? We’re only here for him telling a lie. Why are we talking about their relationship? Why are we letting a guy on the stand who said he may have known more about her disappearance?’” McCoy said. “All in all, I don’t think it would be overturned and if it did, he’d be out of jail anyway.”
Another major question in the case revolved around Sidney’s lawyer asking if the obstruction of justice law is even constitutional.

McCoy also said he doesn’t think it’s worth appealing the 10 year sentence because Sidney would likely get out of jail in a year and a half while an appeal would take closer to two years.

This is confusing. I thought the earliest SM could get out would be after serving about 50% of his sentence, which would make that 4.5 years from now?

I read somewhere (so not sure if it's true) that this is the first conviction in SC for an OOJ charge? If so, that is telling.

IMO

ETA: Maybe just the 1st in that county?

Good Points

JMO
The jury needs to think of it just like a robbery at a convenience store that ends in murder and there was only one shooter but both there to rob the store.

I believe in that scenario they both would be guilty in the eyes of the law.

I see this case similar to that. I dont see any scenario where just one was involved. I think both were involved with at least some parts of her going missing and never being found.

Unless they're tried together, they stand alone in their respective trials and there will be limitations on how much is said about their joint adventure that morning. Yes, they are both guilty and there's a point at which who did what and when is moot, but this is why they're being tried separately - together they would both surely hang under a far more compelling picture of that morning. The state has a long way to go before they can return to its goal of a murder charge and trial. I'm sure they don't want another fail at the courtroom door.

A lot hangs on SM's kidnapping charge. It seems to be a huge plus that it's known that he went by her house and to LB's. That's a slamming indictment along with the pay phone evidence. I still don't understand why the state chose to cram the entire crime onto that boat landing while omitting the LB info they have on SM. That's just too important.

Unless they're tried together, they stand alone in their respective trials and there will be limitations on how much is said about their joint adventure that morning. Yes, they are both guilty and there's a point at which who did what and when is moot, but this is why they're being tried separately - together they would both surely hang under a far more compelling picture of that morning. The state has a long way to go before they can return to its goal of a murder charge and trial. I'm sure they don't want another fail at the courtroom door.

A lot hangs on SM's kidnapping charge. It seems to be a huge plus that it's known that he went by her house and to LB's. That's a slamming indictment along with the pay phone evidence. I still don't understand why the state chose to cram the entire crime onto that boat landing while omitting the LB info they have on SM. That's just too important.

BBM. I don't get this either! I think it's quite clear now that PTL was just a place to dump Heather's car. I hope the search for her keys and phone in the water there was exhaustive.

I think the 3:16 ping where it says that the phone moved to HE's apartment is what ultimately had me thinking she went back to her apartment.

With the parking lot and the apartment obviously being in the same vicinity, I wonder how they are able to decipher her being in the parking lot versus the actual apartment. Would the ping location change with that slight of a difference?

Dangit. I got distracted and forgot I was supposed to be searching for that conversation and video. I'm honestly not sure how they would be able to differentiate. I'll go back to digging . . .

I found the video where cujenn81 drove to LB's, following the route Heather's phone took. Here's a link to that post, which includes a link to the video:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?311195-Sidney-Moorer-on-trial-for-the-kidnapping-of-Heather-Elvis-***MISTRIAL-declared***-2&p=12676497#post12676497

You can click on the following images to enlarge them.

Here's a screenshot of a post where we know that per (someone's?) testimony, her phone turned around at Seaside Grove Apartments and headed back to LB's.

cujenn81.jpg

Here's a map that shows Heather's apartment (yellow star), Seaside Grove Apts (yellow car), and Longbeard's (red marker).

Heather LB turnaround.jpg

Sorry it's taken so long to respond about any of this. I found these things in the Kidnapping Mistrial (#2) thread. I have to run out, but later I'll look through thread #1 to try and find more about that testimony. Maybe it will shed some light on how they know where she turned around.

Hello all. It has been some time since I was here, the trial last year did me in for a bit, plus the fact that they were roaming areas of FL I frequent, I didn't want to take the chance of once again running into them. That said, I am so glad to come back on a 'guilty' with sentencing. It's a start! Now that he is really going (GONE!) to prison, maybe the caged bird will begin to sing. Where is Heather?!

Good Points

JMO
The jury needs to think of it just like a robbery at a convenience store that ends in murder and there was only one shooter but both there to rob the store.

I believe in that scenario they both would be guilty in the eyes of the law.

I see this case similar to that. I dont see any scenario where just one was involved. I think both were involved with at least some parts of her going missing and never being found.
BBM It's really more than just an opinion. They both would be guilty in the eyes of the law. Per SC law - “Hand of one is hand of all” is a theory, whereby all those who participate in a crime become guilty as the actual wrong doer. In other words act of one is considered act of all. This is a accomplice liability theory. This applies particularly in murder.

BBM. I don't get this either! I think it's quite clear now that PTL was just a place to dump Heather's car. I hope the search for her keys and phone in the water there was exhaustive.

I wonder if they didn't have the ping information (the expert said he just started working on this in Jan) during the last trial? We saw the different phone expert guy in the last trial but he covered different information and mostly on Heather's phone (it was in motion, it stopped, it was in route) and the content of text messages. Now that all of that is "out there" maybe they can use it all at the next trial.

IMO

I wonder if they didn't have the ping information (the expert said he just started working on this in Jan) during the last trial? We saw the different phone expert guy in the last trial but he covered different information and mostly on Heather's phone (it was in motion, it stopped, it was in route) and the content of text messages. Now that all of that is "out there" maybe they can use it all at the next trial.

IMO

Good point. You're right, I'm sure. I so want to see side-by-sides of all three phones: HE, SM and TM! And throw in the kids' phones, too, since TM was blabbering about that on SM (under her fake account).

I found the video where cujenn81 drove to LB's, following the route Heather's phone took. Here's a link to that post, which includes a link to the video:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ISTRIAL-declared***-2&p=12676497#post12676497

You can click on the following images to enlarge them.

Here's a screenshot of a post where we know that per (someone's?) testimony, her phone turned around at Seaside Grove Apartments and headed back to LB's.

attachment.php

Here's a map that shows Heather's apartment (yellow star), Seaside Grove Apts (yellow car), and Longbeard's (red marker).

attachment.php

Sorry it's taken so long to respond about any of this. I found these things in the Kidnapping Mistrial (#2) thread. I have to run out, but later I'll look through thread #1 to try and find more about that testimony. Maybe it will shed some light on how they know where she turned around.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member