GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely pray that TM is being watched by family or friends or LE. I feel that she could be a danger to her children right now. She feels the pressure now. I just hope someone is watching out for those kiddos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Side note, I really hope the M kids have received or will receive counseling. I can only imagine, in addition to having TM as a mother, how their still expanding, emotionally fragile minds have been damaged in all of this. Even if their parents were innocent (we know they aren't), the charges, assumptions & accusations, conviction yesterday and media attention alone is enough to cause damage to a child(ren) who doesn't have enough life experience to process everything that they were thrown into. I'm sure TM is too busy posting her lies behind alias FB accounts but maybe someone in either family will give those children the help, love and support they need and deserve.

IMO

RSBM

Very well said. SM had no motive to kill Heather. Their relationship was over. The ONLY logical conclusion is that the Mrs. was behind this. That doesn't mean SM had no part in it, but I do not believe he started it. She is a very, very dangerous woman.

SM apparently believed Heather was or might be pregnant, believed it enough to purchase a preg test at Walmart less than 30 min before calling Heather from that payphone. SM did some work for Tilted Kilt and would have easily been able to become aware of any rumors of Heather's possible pregnancy. Lips were flapping in that group of young female servers, and Heather was gaining weight fast enough to need a different size uniform.

I'd submit an unintended pregnancy with the prospect of 18 years of child support, combined with the anger and vitriol of his wife, and who knows what else, provided a motive for SM to engineer or at least participate in luring Heather and participating in her demise. Even if SM was merely helping and didn't kill Heather himself, he'd still be guilty under felony murder laws, and under that law would be treated as if he had done the killing.

I am so excited and encouraged by this conviction. Hopefully TM will keep being TM and they get her too.
Did the phone expert shed and need light to fill any gaps in the timeline if so has anyone updated it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the state was smart they would have gotten a search warrant to try and find that flip phone SM had, the one his cousin saw the day after SM and TM got out of jail. I suspect that phone is long gone, discarded, and will not be found.

I have to say, I really think Nancy has it together. She never wavered and never showed emotion. Very professional through the whole thing.

Sidney seemed like he really wanted to testify---I was so hoping :). Also he hesitated when asked if he thought his lawyer had done a good job. :)

The irony of the whole thing is Tammy probably could of gotten off if she had played the poor cheated on housewife but she has been so vindictive and acted so ugly the whole time, she will probably end up pulling more time than her husband. I expect all these Facebook pages to really go crazy, trying to discredit their attorney, detectives, Elvis Family, now their family, the other attorneys....anyone they can. All the info they claimed to have ready to go on blast if anything happened to Tammy or Sidney--hmmmm, where is it?

When Sidney was hugging his daughter, I thought Terry Elvis would love to hug his daughter one more time..... :( Sidney sure didn't have a lot of supporters in the courtroom. Just mil, wife, daughter and one son. Only his daughter during sentencing. Where was his family and all their supporters? You know, all the ones that take up for them on social media....unless they are not real people.

If the state was smart they would have gotten a search warrant to try and find that flip phone SM had, the one his cousin saw the day after SM and TM got out of jail. I suspect that phone is long gone, discarded, and will not be found.

I really can't imagine that they wouldn't have done this!

Side note, I really hope the M kids have received or will receive counseling. I can only imagine, in addition to having TM as a mother, how their still expanding, emotionally fragile minds have been damaged in all of this. Even if their parents were innocent (we know they aren't), the charges, assumptions & accusations, conviction yesterday and media attention alone is enough to cause damage to a child(ren) who doesn't have enough life experience to process everything that they were thrown into. I'm sure TM is too busy posting her lies behind alias FB accounts but maybe someone in either family will give those children the help, love and support they need and deserve.

IMO

It may well be that they will not receive proper support until they're out from under her control as adults and their own lives are not working and they seek answers. Or, they start seeking specific answers as to how their parents were so central to such a serious crime where a known link with the victim exists, and yet Mom has so many fantabulous tales and histrionic rage events that defy innocence. This crime is punctuation. If TM is what she appears to be, these kids have long been pawns and props for her image and were already compromised. This crime, tragically, may be what saves them in the long run because there is so much out of order in their lives that they'll encounter major difficulties in one way or another and that may lead to the help they need, as well as the truth they've been seeking.

Great point! Hopefully LE still has "eyes" on her.

IMO
Hopefully LE got a court order for that phone and was digging through the compound looking for it, while the trial was still going on. :D

Here is the verdict, even the court videographer was caught off guard and missed the guilty verdict. I found it odd that the sound wasn't cut ; the woman reading the verdict mentioned just about every last name on the jury:

[video=youtube;LzUxSSTj-pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUxSSTj-pg[/video]

I've served as juror a few times and I've never seen the juror's names being revealed like this. It was thirty days following the triple murder trial I served on before the juror's names were available to the news media and public.

Hopefully LE got a court order for that phone and was digging through the compound looking for it, while the trial was still going on. :D

I think they might already have it I think unofficial Tammy thinks so too and it is trying to spin a new theory about it.

I listened to the Allen Large interview last night? Was this the last interview conducted? I noted that TM seemed more composed than I expected she would be. She seemed to have an answer for everything. She is the one in that interview who brought up the pregnancy test, though I really do not think she was in the truck when he went in to purchase it. It makes NO SENSE. I am just trying to wrap my head around all of these scenarios. On one hand I feel like there is no way she was with him until around the PTL-ish time because of locking of his truck at Wal-Mart, the payphone call (seems like a sneaky-way that TM wouldn’t know about his call). My theory with that idea is that perhaps SM really was missing HE and had heard rumors of her possible pregnancy, called HE told her he wanted to leave his wife and expressed either excitement or concern about the possibility of her being pregnant and made plans to meet up with her (at LB) to give the pregnancy test. Perhaps that exchange did occur, otherwise, I don’t know how she would have gone from calling the payphone back to calling his cell phone very shortly after both of their phones pinged in the same location. Per the pings, from what I can tell, she does travel back home for a short time and then starts to reach out to Sidney again (on his cell, now). I’m assuming maybe she went home to take the test and calls with the results. Somewhere in this time-frame TM catches SM in contact with HE, and she either goes to PTL with or without SM and that’s where the crime occurs. TM and SM dispose of all evidence together, IMO, and then TM grills SM about all of his whereabouts that night (such as the walmart pregnancy test purchase) and that’s how she is able to casually account for his moves in the AL interview.

RSBM: I can see most of this happening, but . . .

BBM: Heather did head back toward her apartment, but didn't make it all the way there. She turned around in the entry to another neighborhood on River Oaks, then headed back to LB's. I don't remember which thread, but we had a pretty in-depth conversation about that, and one user (maybe cujenn81 or Carolina Girl, I believe) filmed as she drove the exact route. I'm looking around, but I'm not finding it with a quick search. I'll keep digging, though.

These are just my thoughts; just trying to analyze the conflicting ideas in my head.

I listened to the Allen Large interview last night? Was this the last interview conducted? I noted that TM seemed more composed than I expected she would be. She seemed to have an answer for everything. She is the one in that interview who brought up the pregnancy test, though I really do not think she was in the truck when he went in to purchase it. It makes NO SENSE. I am just trying to wrap my head around all of these scenarios. On one hand I feel like there is no way she was with him until around the PTL-ish time because of locking of his truck at Wal-Mart, the payphone call (seems like a sneaky-way that TM wouldn’t know about his call). My theory with that idea is that perhaps SM really was missing HE and had heard rumors of her possible pregnancy, called HE told her he wanted to leave his wife and expressed either excitement or concern about the possibility of her being pregnant and made plans to meet up with her (at LB) to give the pregnancy test. Perhaps that exchange did occur, otherwise, I don’t know how she would have gone from calling the payphone back to calling his cell phone very shortly after both of their phones pinged in the same location. Per the pings, from what I can tell, she does travel back home for a short time and then starts to reach out to Sidney again (on his cell, now). I’m assuming maybe she went home to take the test and calls with the results. Somewhere in this time-frame TM catches SM in contact with HE, and she either goes to PTL with or without SM and that’s where the crime occurs. TM and SM dispose of all evidence together, IMO, and then TM grills SM about all of his whereabouts that night (such as the walmart pregnancy test purchase) and that’s how she is able to casually account for his moves in the AL interview.

On the other hand, the one thing that makes me wonder if TM was present during all of this is the fact that SM does indeed have his phone on him. Up to this point, it had been silent for a month with no activity which makes me think TM was in possession of it. And we know TM isn’t handing over that phone without her being there to watch SM’s every move with it.

I think this is the primary issue with the Kidnapping charges – it’s hard to really say who did what. There’s no doubt that both were involved, but proving who did what might be what hangs the jury every time.

Another thing I want to know that I don’t know has been released is the activity on TM’s phone. Were they not released because it corroborates that they were together that night? Or has that information been released and I just missed it?

Good Points

JMO
The jury needs to think of it just like a robbery at a convenience store that ends in murder and there was only one shooter but both there to rob the store.

I believe in that scenario they both would be guilty in the eyes of the law.

I see this case similar to that. I dont see any scenario where just one was involved. I think both were involved with at least some parts of her going missing and never being found.

RSBM: I can see most of this happening, but . . .

BBM: Heather did head back toward her apartment, but didn't make it all the way there. She turned around in the entry to another neighborhood on River Oaks, then headed back to LB's. I don't remember which thread, but we had a pretty in-depth conversation about that, and one user (maybe cujenn81 or Carolina Girl, I believe) filmed as she drove the exact route. I'm looking around, but I'm not finding it with a quick search. I'll keep digging, though.

I copied and pasted the following from the timeline thread:

Heather Elvis phone record totals from July 17, 2013 until December 2013August 2013
Total Calls - 1540
Calls to SM - 213
Call from SM - 351
Total of 564 out of 1540

September 2013
Total Calls - 1426
Calls to SM - 208
Call from SM - 350
Total of 558 out of 1426

October 2013
Total Calls - 1037
Calls to SM - 199
Call from SM - 318
Total 517 out of 1037

November 2013
State Skipped this data

December 2013
Total Calls - 1000
Calls to SM - 6
Call from SM - 0
Total of 6 out of 1000

843-444-***2 (Payphone)
843-385-***5 (SM's Phone)
609-415-***8 (Bri's Phone)

1:13:10am to 2:31:24am (Heather's Apartment) 77 location records (37 GPS; 40 Wi-fi)
1:35:16am - Incoming Call from Payphone - 298.8 seconds (5 minutes)
1:44:39am - Outgoing Call to Bri - 132 seconds (2 minute and 12 seconds)
2:29:48am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 12 seconds
2:30:15am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 4.8 seconds

2:32:57am to 2:41:25am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 13.8 seconds (1 Wi-fi location record White River Drive location; 4 GPS records near intersection of River Oaks Dr. and Black Creek; 3 cell site records)

2:32:57am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 13.8 seconds

2:42:14am to 2:56:11am (Heather's phone is located to the rear of 5040 Carolina Forest Blvd. - Longbeard's Restaurant - North / North East corner of the parking lot where there are dumpsters. 14 minutes at location. Made 4 outgoing calls. 13 GPS records):

2:42:14am to 2:50:30am - Heather's phone was stationary

2:43:02am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 7.2 seconds
2:43:36am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 7.8 seconds
2:45:09am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 0.2 seconds
2:51:20am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 4.8 seconds

2:51:40am - movement at Longbeard's location
2:53:11am - movement at Longbeard's location

2:56:11am - stationary at Longbeard's location

2:57:04am to 3:01:57 (4 GPS; 1 cell site record)
No incoming or outgoing calls. Movement of Heather's phone from Longbeard's to a location on Augusta Plantation Drive and back to Longbeard's.

3:02:42am to 3:15:08am (Heather's phone is located back at Longbeard's. 15 GPS records)
3:04:36am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 1.8 seconds
3:05:55am - Outgoing Call to Payphone - 9 seconds

3:16:22am to 3:19:23am (Heather's phone moved from Longbeard's to Heather's Apartment)
3:16:22am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 7.8 seconds
3:17:35am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 249 seconds (4 minutes and 9 seconds)

3:20:23am to 3:24:23am - 5 GPS records
Continuation of call from 03:17:35am until 3:21:44am (Heather's phone was located in the parking lot at her Apartment.)

3:25:29am to 3:35:12am (Heather's phone moved from White River Dr. (Apartment) to Peachtree Rd. to PTL. No call activity. 8 GPS, 3 cell site records.)

3:37:32am (Heather's phone was located at PTL. 1 GPS record.)
3:38:14am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 1.8 seconds
3:39:00am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 1.8 seconds
3:39:46am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 1.8 seconds
3:41:05am - Outgoing Call to SM's Phone - 1.8 seconds

3:42:27am - No further incoming or outgoing calls from Heather's phone. No further location coordinates obtained.

I think the 3:16 ping where it says that the phone moved to HE's apartment is what ultimately had me thinking she went back to her apartment.

With the parking lot and the apartment obviously being in the same vicinity, I wonder how they are able to decipher her being in the parking lot versus the actual apartment. Would the ping location change with that slight of a difference?

They are in victim mode---as they feel persecuted. When one is in that frame of mind, the rationality or ability to put the pieces of the puzzle together is not present.

I think we are a stones throw from the Tammy side pushing Sidney under the 18 wheeler to save Tammy. If there is any new revelations, I predict they will all go against Sidney, the lying, cheating SOB who took advantage of the marriage while Tammy tried to save the marriage and believed her man.

BBM; above, I believe you are correct but I'm hoping that SM is also realizing that this is what is going to happen and that he decides to beat her to it and tells all to LE to try and make a deal to save his own butt.

Backreading just now, one of you were talking about how much their behavior has changed since the beginning. Gone are the smug hand-holders trying to show a unified front. It got me to thinking how much they really have changed since December of 2013. We already mentioned that SM isn't showing up to court in a Mickey Mouse tie, but think about TM's attire too. When they had court in Charleston, they tried to dress all "hip."

Chas Moorers.jpg

When TM went to pick SM up from J. Reuben, she was dressed like a rock-star/groupie, making us Ramones fans angry.

Ramones.jpg

Then yesterday, she shows up to court wearing a sweater (in August) with a cross on it.

cross sweater.jpg

I have to say, after watching all of these wardrobe changes, my favorite was when they went through their jumpsuit phase.

jumpsuits.jpg

With the parking lot and the apartment obviously being in the same vicinity, I wonder how they are able to decipher her being in the parking lot versus the actual apartment. Would the ping location change with that slight of a difference?
Dangit. I got distracted and forgot I was supposed to be searching for that conversation and video. I'm honestly not sure how they would be able to differentiate. I'll go back to digging . . .

mod note:Some posts were removed because they involved sleuthing the social media page of a witness in the trial. His facebook page and the content of the comments he has made on there are off limits for discussion here at Websleuths.

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it. The content of comments under MSM articles are also not allowed to be discussed.

Be mindful of the following...
Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Facebook-Twitter-etc&p=12080508#post12080508

Can we invite them to The Parking Lot? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?310959-Heather-Elvis-case-social-media-discussion-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member