GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the minions are prosecuted for obstructing justice, covering up a crime, perjury......
I agree, but we haven't heard anything about Ashley's bf being questioned. I guess that could fall under the "saving for a murder trial category". But if they brought forward the video in Sid's trial and not Tammy's, what does it mean? Is there a strategy behind it? Could it open the door to some sort of cross if he takes the stand?

I agree, but we haven't heard anything about Ashley's bf being questioned. I guess that could fall under the "saving for a murder trial category". But if they brought forward the video in Sid's trial and not Tammy's, what does it mean? Is there a strategy behind it? Could it open the door to some sort of cross if he takes the stand?

Maybe they were afraid it would create reasonable doubt? i.e. "Just which one of those four did the actual crime? Maybe it was Ashley or the boyfriend!"

Wouldnt that reason still stand in his trial too though? There is a purpose they brought it into the record.

You'd think, but in some ways they had "more" in Tammy's trial because of all of the hate she spewed toward Heather and how Heather was afraid of her. Multiple people have testified so far that Heather was not afraid of Sidney. Maybe they felt like they needed "more" to prove he was very directly involved??? I don't know.

Blown away by this new testimony!! My thoughts are that the most incriminating evidence was on the passenger side where TM was cleaning. Being the control freak she is there is no way she would risk allowing anyone else to do the job.

The prosecution are doing a fantastic job of using the (awesome) witnesses to paint a picture of how they lured poor Heather out that night and their subsequent attempts to cover their tracks.

I think the testimony from Steven and Bri showing she was trying to move on from SM and get her life back on track makes what evil TM and SM did even more sickening. She wasn't chasing SM begging him to leave his wife, she wasn't trying to expose their affair to the whole town. It comes down to the fact that the queen looked in the mirror and saw a fairer one than her - Snow White. Then when she heard the rumours the beautiful princess might be pregnant it sealed the deal. The plan was hatched for the huntsmen to get rid of her.

Edited to add: Thank you to all you brilliant people for the
court reporting for those of us who can't follow along on the live stream. You are amazing and I really appreciate your hard work and efforts!!
I finally watched yesterday's testimony this afternoon. While listening to Cestare talk about TM cleaning that passenger side, I thought the exact same thing as you. No way is she going to let dimwit (I can almost guarantee this is how she thinks of him) SM clean the most telling crime area. She is going to do it. She could not trust him enough to do it. Only TM knows how to do things the correct way. (Sarcasm)

No. Hope she does though. Can't wait for NL to get under her skin again. She's not as smooth as her sister (thinks she) is and will get tripped up. JMO

I'd be very surprised if she still testifies after that video. Unless she really is OK with perjuring herself. I mean, she already has, but this would be SO obvious. I'm obsessively stalking Facebook pages to try to get a glimpse of any inside info about her or the boyfriend and them possibly testifying (and who for).

I think they used this evidence against Sidney (the surveillance of them sanitizing the truck and taking things to the burn pile/barrel) because Sidney was the central player. I believe the pros used a very different strategy for Tammy. They inflamed and inflamed her with friends and people testifying as to her anger toward HE. I think their goal was to get TM to testify and try to do what she does best--control the narrative and lie. If I recall correctly, people were worried that the case was not strong enough and, then, Tammy and her sister put the nails in the coffin along with D testimony about the picture that Sidney showed him. TM's team couldn't throw SM under the bus and could not really counteract that testimony.

Excerpt about witnesses against TM:

"The final witness of the day was a former deputy who spoke to Tammy Moorer when the investigation into Elvis' disappearance was underway.

Prosecutors played a video, where Moorer described the relationship between her and her husband as "open".

The investigator said she pulled out a hotel key that she discovered in Elvis' car, and showed it to Moorer.

She said the key led investigators to Sidney Moorer, who had paid for the hotel room.

Lastly, prosecutors made the witness read out a graphic Facebook post allegedly written by Moorer, where she described the affair between her husband and his mistress.

The witness said Moorer used the word "hoe" to describe Elvis, among other words, and placed the blame for the relationship squarely on the 20-year-old." Tammy Moorer trial day 2: Former family friend testifies against her

Someday when the appeals are done and case can go no further, I hope the prosecution team writes a book or gets interviewed because it will be fascinating to hear the strategies they used for each case.

Last edited:
Maybe (hopefully) the bf has already cut a deal and is going to testify for the state???

While I find it hard to believe they didn't know why they were cleaning the truck, SM is not talking, neither is TM so if AC keeps her mouth shut there is no evidence against the bf. I don't think they could get charges to stick unless someone knows the bf and has heard him admit to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam