GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sidney Moorer, accused in the disappearance of Heather Elvis will once again face a jury in September. The retrial will take place in Horry County instead of Georgetown County.

Dennis also approved a questionnaire be submitted to the jury, so long as both the prosecution and the defense agree on the questions.

A mistrial was declared in Sidney Moorer’s original 2016 kidnapping trial.

In August 2017, Moorer was sentenced to 10 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of obstruction of justice for impeding the investigation into Elvis’ disappearance.

Last year, a jury convicted Moorer’s wife, Tammy Moorer, of kidnapping Elvis. She is currently serving a 30-year prison sentence.

‘Three more months? It’ll go by fast:’ Sidney Moorer retrial set for September in Horry County

Sidney Moorer's thread from his first kidnapping trial: MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #1

HS5HYKCYN5FYDFGDUTFVYLXVPE.jpg

Retrial Thread #1 - RETRIAL - Sidney Moorer for kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019

Last edited:
Friday, Sept. 13th:
*Trial Continues (Day 5) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013, not found) - *Sidney St.Clair Moorer (38/now 43) arrested (2/23/14), charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/27/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $30K Surety Bond.
Was to be tried in Georgetown County, but Judge brings it back to Horry County (6/21/19).
Trial began on 9/9/19 with jury selection. Jury: 6 women & 6 men, with 2 alternates: 1 woman & 1 man.

9/9/19 Day 1-Jury Selection. Jury: 6 men & 6 women, alternates: 1 woman & 1 man. Court will start at 9:30 tomorrow morning 9/10.
9/10/19 Day 2: Opening statements by both sides. State witnesses: Jessica Cooke (Front Of House Manager at Titled Kilt). Jody Davenport (worked at the Tilted Kilt with Elvis). Dennis Hart (was the kitchen manager at TK). Ronald Witt (Works for T-Mobile (15 years) in the law enforcement relations group). Steven (Stefano) Schiraldi (friend of Heather's). Steven's mother. Bree Warrelmann-Kulzer (Heather's friend & roommate). Officer Casey Guskiewicz (employed at the Horry County Police Department for 7 years, was patrolman at the time). Jurors watch his dash-cam footage. Trial continues on 9/11.
9/11/19 Day 3: State witnesses: Danny Furr (a sergeant in the training division for HCPD. In 2013, he was a corporal on patrol). HCPD Officer KC Canterbury (2013 worked patrol). Amanda Nigro (Frontier Communications, maintaining payphones and payphone records in 2013). Jon Martin (worked as a violent-crimes detective for HCPD in 2013). Martin's interview with Moorer is played for the jury. No name, cell expert. Roxanne Love with SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division) testified to getting surveillance footage from Walmart on Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach. Brian Wilson (detective with HCPD) testified to getting surviellance video from the Circle K on Mr. Joe White Avenue & Seaboard Street that shows a person using a pay phone for about five minutes. Michael Nelson (CEO of Hawk Analytics, a software company that maps out phone records) testified that he anaylzed Sidney & Tammy Moorer’s phones & Heather Elvis’ phone. Trial continues on 9/12.
9/12/19 Day 4: State witnesses: John Brian (?) Keep (employed by Sprint). Jill Domagauer (been employed by Horry County as a crime scene investigator). Will Lynch (In 2013 assigned to a multi-jurisdictional drug task force. (DEU). Also tasked with "dumping" cell phones (cell phone extractions) - Cellebrite). Judge informs jury that trial looks like it will continue into next week. Asks jury to decide if they want to work Sat. Or not. Lunch. James Terry (Computer Crimes Investigation Unit and Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, Cellular Forensics Expert). John Caulder (HCPD Crime Scene Investigations, now retired). Jimmy Gunter (employed at Beach Ford-where black F150 Ford was bought). Joyce Åland (neighbor of Moorers). David Quandt (lives off Peachtree Rd. (dead ends at PTL)). Trial continues on 9/13.
*Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 46) – Trial on 10/8/18 found guilty of kidnapping & conspiracy to kidnapping. Sentenced to 30 years for each charge, to be served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far (5 yrs). Not eligible for parole.

and yes, I will be shortening this up a bit. :)

Thank you all the trial post. So very helpful!!!
Looking at the timeline of the calls.

I think after B's call HE was calling the payphone back to tell SM she wasn't coming. But she decided after not getting in touch with him that she would drive to LB.

I don't think that calls to the payphone at LB was HE. Someone was suppose to be there to answer the phone, but was not. SM cell was powered back on, and I think SM called it using HE phone. Im not sure where HE is, unconscious next to him, or in the dumpster. But this was not part of the plan, using HE phone. But I think TM decided to go home, and in those minutes of driving back to HE home they argued and decided to meet at PTL. I think they had a plan because they had plenty of time on vacation to work on it. But something didn't plan out.

Eh I don't know.

The Longbeards theory does not make sense to me because of the 4 phones calls from HE at PTL to Sydney. This was too well planned to make such a collossal mistake like that. Anyone who has ever watch a detective show knows the Police 's #1 suspect is the last person they communicated with. IMO, HE was at the M's house and them getting rid of all their surveillance cameras seals the deal for me.

Good morning all. I haven't been able to follow this trial in real time like I did with TM's, but I so appreciate the effort of the rest of you!

Just bringing this post forward from the last thread. After watching the recorded stream (this specific message is read @ 38:00) it sounds like it was the mother of the boy who said that? Which, wow. What a coincidence. And like my hero Joyce, I don't believe in coincidences.

"We have a friend who's in MB whose daughter disappeared this same way."
Whaaaaat?

Some observations taken from a juror seated at Tammy's kidnapping trial:

Brown said when Grant Fredricks took the stand, his testimony mostly circulated around analyzing the vehicle in the videos and matching them to a certain make and model. “I was actually amazed that the headlights, even if its the same make model everything the same on a vehicle, they throw a different pattern on the ground,” said Brown, “We were very fortunate in the jury group to have an actual mechanic with us. He confirmed this."

Brown also talked about the surveillance video from Walmart and the payphone. "You had two fully operational cell phones in the vehicle that weren't used but the clothing that he was wearing was significant because it matched the perfect video which came out of the Walmart.' During the trial, jurors heard testimony about how Tammy and Sidney's phone's had no communication in the weeks leading up to Heather's disappearance until just after she was last heard from.

Tammy's cousin, Donald DeMarino was asked about a picture he said he saw on a phone shown to him by Sidney. DeMarino testified it was a picture of Heather and it didn’t look like she could walk, talk or anyone would ever hear from her again. "I did a lot of time in the military and I've seen people that have seen horrible things. He was completely believable to me and to me he looked like a person that had definitely seen something that was horrific,” said Brown.

Brown said he even paid close attention to Tammy when she got the chance to speak."I was actually very surprised. Humility and disdain of feeling remorse for the family.. to me it wasn't there,” said Brown.

Juror seated on Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial weighs in on evidence, testimony during trial

‘I felt sorry for the kids:’ Jury foreman in Tammy Moorer trial said evidence, testimony took an emotional toll

The Longbeards theory does not make sense to me because of the 4 phones calls from HE at PTL to Sydney. This was too well planned to make such a collossal mistake like that. Anyone who has ever watch a detective show knows the Police 's #1 suspect is the last person they communicated with. IMO, HE was at the M's house and them getting rid of all their surveillance cameras seals the deal for me.
It makes sense to me, because I don't believe Heather made those phone calls. At that point, I believe she was already incapacitated (or worse) and was not in control of her phone or car. We know her CAR went to PTL; we know her PHONE went to PTL. There is no evidence showing that Heather, herself, was ever at PTL. TM could've rushed home to make sure her phone was pinging at the compound. Whoever was supposed to ditch Heather's car (read: get it away from the scene of the crime at LB's) panicked and ended up taking it to PTL. That person had Heather's car and phone and used Heather's phone to call for a ride home. Maybe there were multiple calls because this wasn't part of the plan and TM (or SM) were afraid to answer a call from that number, because why was Heather calling them when she was supposed to have already been 'taken care of?'

I agree they planned this out as well as they could, but the best-laid plan goes to waste when there is human involvement, and those other humans weren't in on the plan. Heather didn't know what they had planned for her, so she was the wild card. And that wild card made them have to change their plan on the fly. I can't tell you how many conversations I've planned out in my head that went off the rails the second the person I was talking to actually had something to say. Emotional plans rarely factor in the human variable, and humans can be unpredictable.

JMO.

Some observations taken from a juror seated at Tammy's kidnapping trial:

Brown said when Grant Fredricks took the stand, his testimony mostly circulated around analyzing the vehicle in the videos and matching them to a certain make and model. “I was actually amazed that the headlights, even if its the same make model everything the same on a vehicle, they throw a different pattern on the ground,” said Brown, “We were very fortunate in the jury group to have an actual mechanic with us. He confirmed this."

Brown also talked about the surveillance video from Walmart and the payphone. "You had two fully operational cell phones in the vehicle that weren't used but the clothing that he was wearing was significant because it matched the perfect video which came out of the Walmart.' During the trial, jurors heard testimony about how Tammy and Sidney's phone's had no communication in the weeks leading up to Heather's disappearance until just after she was last heard from.

Tammy's cousin, Donald DeMarino was asked about a picture he said he saw on a phone shown to him by Sidney. DeMarino testified it was a picture of Heather and it didn’t look like she could walk, talk or anyone would ever hear from her again. "I did a lot of time in the military and I've seen people that have seen horrible things. He was completely believable to me and to me he looked like a person that had definitely seen something that was horrific,” said Brown.

Brown said he even paid close attention to Tammy when she got the chance to speak."I was actually very surprised. Humility and disdain of feeling remorse for the family.. to me it wasn't there,” said Brown.

Juror seated on Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial weighs in on evidence, testimony during trial

‘I felt sorry for the kids:’ Jury foreman in Tammy Moorer trial said evidence, testimony took an emotional toll
Thanks for bringing these over. When I read them last night I really felt the impact of both articles. I'm glad they are speaking out!

It makes sense to me, because I don't believe Heather made those phone calls. At that point, I believe she was already incapacitated (or worse) and was not in control of her phone or car. We know her CAR went to PTL; we know her PHONE went to PTL. There is no evidence showing that Heather, herself, was ever at PTL. TM could've rushed home to make sure her phone was pinging at the compound. Whoever was supposed to ditch Heather's car (read: get it away from the scene of the crime at LB's) panicked and ended up taking it to PTL. That person had Heather's car and phone and used Heather's phone to call for a ride home. Maybe there were multiple calls because this wasn't part of the plan and TM (or SM) were afraid to answer a call from that number, because why was Heather calling them when she was supposed to have already been 'taken care of?'

I agree they planned this out as well as they could, but the best-laid plan goes to waste when there is human involvement, and those other humans weren't in on the plan. Heather didn't know what they had planned for her, so she was the wild card. And that wild card made them have to change their plan on the fly. I can't tell you how many conversations I've planned out in my head that went off the rails the second the person I was talking to actually had something to say. Emotional plans rarely factor in the human variable, and humans can be unpredictable.

JMO.

This is what I think happened as well.

What do you make of the pregnancy test box, in the trash, but no pregnancy test? Do you think it was the 88 cent test? And if so, how does that fit.....did she go back to her apartment to take the test and then go back to LB with the test to show SM? Was it an entirely different test? If so, the only reason to not discard the test was if it was positive (keepsake), or to show someone else, or both.

One reason for getting rid of the cameras could be it would mess up the alibis, when they were home, when they left.

The more times that I hear the testimony in this case, the more I'm firmly convinced that the Moorers were neck deep in Heather's disappearance.

Agreed x 10,000.

ETA: I'm assuming that there is court today, but am I wrong? Is it like the McStay trial where they had off every single Friday?

What do you make of the pregnancy test box, in the trash, but no pregnancy test? Do you think it was the 88 cent test? And if so, how does that fit.....did she go back to her apartment to take the test and then go back to LB with the test to show SM? Was it an entirely different test? If so, the only reason to not discard the test was if it was positive (keepsake), or to show someone else, or both.

I thought of this too. Between 1:45-2:30 could he have dropped it off, and asked her to call the payphone.

I'm not sure what to think of the test or the box. The LB's/PTL theory makes so much sense to me. I felt like the dots were right there and just needed connecting. I run into a road block with that box in the trashcan. I'm going to need the Moorers to just come out and tell me. So far, no theories have made the lightbulb come on in my head.

Also, I'm not saying they didn't hold her captive at their house (or in the truck's toolbox). I'm not sure about that either way. If they did, though, I believe she was incapacitated at LB's and taken to their house in the truck, while someone else was tasked with disposing her car. That may be why they got rid of their security system. They could've also gotten rid of it because it would show them coming and going late at night when they were trying to sucker us into believing they were home all night clipping coupons and such. JMO.

JL was contacted by HCPD about surveillance video they had of the truck. They wanted help identifying what kind of vehicle was on camera.

JL states they deal with hit & runs a lot, so they frequently examine videos to reconstruct collision scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304