GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by JerseyGirl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

I believe it is implied that he did describe the photo but it can not be entered into evidence based on hearsay. He can't produce the photo. The LEO can't produce it. So, he can say what he saw and how he saw it but he can't say what SM said or describe the photo. Hence the question of "In your opinion, did it look like Heather Elvis would ever come home to her family?" and his answer of no implies she is deceased in the photo without saying she appeared deceased.

2. ohiobuckeyegirl

ohiobuckeyegirl Well-Known Member

I had always thought in the beginning that he called HE from the payphone because he really was leaving TM. I had thought maybe TM went out and followed him or something. Could that be why the sd card was removed? So TM couldn't track him. Maybe TM used PC's car and that's where that whole mom hit a deer that same night came in? I just don't know. I do know, if he had nothing to do with what happened to HE, he should have told the truth when he had so many opportunities to do so. Maybe in his dumb mind, he thought TM wouldn't get convicted and he surely wouldn't since he was actually innocent. I don't think we will ever know. This guy, along with everyone else in that bunch, do not know how to tell the truth and they're finally starting to pay for it. I'm wondering. If somehow he won an appeal for a new trial, if he would give it all up blaming TM for everything? I think he would after seeing how broken he was those last few moments before being walked out.

3. LanieCoz

LanieCoz Well-Known Member

My husband mentioned this scenario to me this evening regarding him removing the card to prevent her from tracking him. Could be plausible, but if so then I would think he would have cared enough about Heather to let the truth be known. At that point he would have nothing to hide, but his action since have conveyed otherwise.

Was it stated that her mom's car/deer accident was the same night HE went missing?

4. Jewels53

Jewels53 Well-Known Member

I think you are exactly right. Without Murder charges right in front of the jury they don't want to bring up dead yet. I am also curious what was in the picture.

5. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I wanted to believe for the longest time that he wasn't as involved as TM, I thought maybe TM and AC caught him with Heather at her condo for a while. But after all we've heard over the last few trials I think SM is deeply involved and will never tell the truth - the C's either have incriminating evidence against him or he simply never cared about Heather and she was used. I don't think we'll ever know.

6. iamthewalrus

iamthewalrus Well-Known Member

What in the heck could the Caisons have on Sid that keeps him from talking??? Basically they are both in for life or hopefully into their 70s. Their kids are going to have this burden on them the rest of their lives. Everyone is positive they killed Heather, so what is his silence buying them??? Nothing really. You wouldn't think he would care what that plus sized monster he is married to thinks. Its time to save his own skin. You have to figure all their money is gone on lawyers. The kids will be farmed out to various Caisons. They will be grown and married with kids of their own and Grandma Tammy and Grandpa Sid will be in the pen. Surely the entire worth of their past lives will be liquidated. Polly will be long gone before Sid and the Nightmare are free again. Their life is gone forever, so what in the heck is he accomplishing with silence. Is he afraid of the death penalty?? If he would tell where her body is I bet he could get life instead. Maybe he will awaken and spill it.

7. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Can someone get a new trial (appeal) if they agree to provide evidence against their co-conspirator for a lighter sentence?

8. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

See I think SM truly cared for HE in the beginning and that is why TM so totally flipped out. I think she read the texts between them and that's how she found out. At that point Sidney had to say and do anything to appease the Mrs. The fact that Heather went to meet him after all was said and done, she probably had hope. I think if there was any way for sm to get away from tm he would have in a heartbeat. But she had a family that would do anything for her, and kids that she could use.... He was too much of a wuss to defy her once found out.

I wish he'd just admit the whole truth, but he's still trying to live the facade that he's a man instead of a mouse.... And not the Disney kind.

9. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

If TM and AC caught them together, how could TM hurt them the most?

What would hurt Heather the most and give TM the most satisfaction?

What would hurt SM the most and give TM the most satisfaction?

TM killing Heather or TM holding a gun on SM and forcing him to kill Heather?

IMO this would be TM's ultimate revenge and control.

10. ohiobuckeyegirl

I feel like NL or someone else probably told them she wasn't coming back. So sad.

11. bestill

They know she's gone, we heard Morgan plea for them to have a funeral and a way to say good bye...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  12. ohiobuckeyegirl

Marg from Oz, bluenoser, jash and 2 others like this.
  13. New2MB

New2MB Well-Known Member

YES- I thought so too- but then the sd card threw me for a loop. I also thought the part about the other car hitting the deer. I wondered if they were in separate cars during all that time.

14. bestill

15. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

It's my understanding that we never learned what the photograph the cousin saw described. Was that due to sensitivities, or was the gag order on that due to some type of hearsay rule.

16. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

Me too.

17. meinmyrtlebeach

meinmyrtlebeach Well-Known Member

Let's make sure that we are all sensitive to the facts that we've all learned...in light of the fact that Heather's Dad has been on here and posted the other evening. I certainly don't want to be responsible for causing him any further pain by speculating on details of that photo.

18. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

Was it completely impossible for the judge to sentence SM to 60 years? He could have used that like Mrs. E said to get him to tell where Heather is. Shame on Judge Dennis if it wasn't impossible to do or try. I really don't know but assumed it could be possible.

Life vs. a plea deal for 25 or 20 years for Heather's location?

Terribly sad even with a guilty verdict. SM "can't"...

19. Richmond

Richmond Well-Known Member

I am just able to get here to say anything. Between work and the site being SO slow, and coming on when I had short breaks, I missed a lot. I tuned in when Terry was speaking to the judge and then it cut off. I didn't get to hear Heather's mom and sister speak. I heard the sentencing. I saw the Elvis family leave the courtroom with very heavy hearts, and my heart went out to them, because they still don't have Heather. How can a victory feel like a letdown at the same time?

Thanks to all of you wonderful people who have been here since Dec. 2013 unfailingly advocating, sleuthing, fighting, searching for Heather. I am in awe of your research, internet, and going-down-rabbit-hole expertise. If I am ever lost, I hope my dear ones will come here for help to find me. I have only one dear daughter, and if she ever were missing, you all are the ones I would seek for help and for solace, for your unceasing advocacy for the ones who go missing in this world. <3

20. Justice-seeker

Justice-seeker Well-Known Member

That makes sense, but what got me was that she tries the pay phone all night. Then his phone powers on and suddenly she’s calling his cell phone?
    I’m thinking back to being a young girl and if I was trying to get in touch with someone I would be trying any means available. If she thought he left TM and TM has control of his phone she wasn’t going to call it. She most likely thought that the pay phone was a new number for SM.
    I feel like that call to his cell phone was planned in advance. Like call my phone after 3am, after it’s done so it pings at the house. It was one of them calling the other to say come get me.
    They could just say see she kept calling,,,
    IMO