GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by JerseyGirl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Surfside

Surfside Court's Indulgence

BBM: Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. Some of us are just normal people behind our accents, and many of us actually mean it when we say "bless his/her/your heart."

2. Surfside

I could not love this idea more! ♥

3. CarolinaAsh

CarolinaAsh Well-Known Member

Oh... I don't. Lol. But I'm a transplant from NY. So I don't count.

4. Surfside

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Southern Belle. I just use something much harsher than blessing someone's heart when they're being a _____________ (insert favorite expletive here).

5. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Please excuse my mistake. I'm glad that someone knows the family tree so well.

6. jennleef

jennleef Active Member

Is the radio interview of NL and CH available anywhere?

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

OH MY?!! I'll try to remember to provide a link the next time I make a factual statement on familial association, sorry for the misstep.

8. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Good Day Friends! Now that we have gotten our, i’m Quite certain, unintended personal attacks out of the way. Let’s get back to our common goal.

Where are you Heather?

9. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I messaged on facebook the radio station asking for a link to it. Hopefully they'll post it. Maybe some others could do the same thing, it's Talk 94.5 if you all want to ask about it.

Marg from Oz, Sambanks, jash and 7 others like this.
  10. Geechiegirl

Geechiegirl Well-Known Member

11. Richmond

Richmond Well-Known Member

Surfside, no intent to generalize to all southerners. (And I was raised a southerner, so I would be included in that group.) I think I was responding to the idea that some kind of gentility or kindness is implied in those accents that isn’t necessarily there. Some aspects of the Old South and its facade of sweetness, which can cover for a host of hostilities, cruelties, and unspoken horrors.

12. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

That is incredible. Her poor kids. There needs to be a TM vault of all of the things she says and did. If her daughter was posting that kind of stuff, it is a no brainer that all of these kids will defend their parents to the last. I didn't take much to link the dots in her case but if her kids can't understand it, then, they are in for a bumpy ride. IMO

jash, Delta Dawn, Geechiegirl and 4 others like this.
  13. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

14. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

This is my humble opinion, mere supposition, but I don't think anyone here is posting blatant statements that aren't so on purpose. I do think that 100% of Websleuths posters are not omniscient humans, and thus capable of errors from time to time.

MOO, IMO, WTF, etc.

15. BAH

BAH Well-Known Member

Wow!! Had surgery Wednesday and just now got caught up. Thanks to everyone who kept us updated as things were rolling along. I got just 2 questions...
    Does this cleaning video make me look GUILTY? :rolleyes:

and more important, Where is heather?

16. Surfside

I looked on the station's website (94.5 FM). When I click on the "Stuart Axelrod Show," I get this pop up: This show will be available on Sat, Sep 28 at 12PM.

Hopefully we'll be able to access it this weekend.

Listen to Stuart Axelrod on TuneIn

17. Surfside

No worries, Richmond. I get it. I have some negative feelings toward an entire town I once lived in, just because my experience there as a child was so bad, and none of the adults stepped in to make it better. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. I'm just saying I don't fault you for feeling the way you feel. I know you lived in the South, and you likely know what it's like to constantly battle the stereotypes that come with being Southern. I was just correcting the record that we aren't all the same. Oh, and for the record, my "country kin" definitely use "bless yer heart" passive-aggressively. :D

18. CarolinaAsh

CarolinaAsh Well-Known Member

I was made to be southern. I was already responding with, "Oh, honey..." when someone was being an unintelligent donkey. My condescending tone knows no bounds (and I got it from my mama.)

19. Richmond

Richmond Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right, there is a whole list of southern stereotypes, from the Southern belle to the redneck to the good ole boy, just to name a few. I am back in the south (not in my hometown) after 2 and 1/2 decades in nyc, and the adjustment has been interesting to say the least. But I love meeting southerners with whom I can connect--who are open about their experiences, their feelings, their struggles, and not hiding behind the facade. Fortunately, there is a lot more regional diversity than there was when I was growing up because these days people actually leave their hometowns and don't settle down to live the same life of their parents, grandparents, greatgrandparents, ad infinitum. Although northerners are still called yankees down here by the Old Guard.:confused:

20. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member