GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waties Island is a barrier island just east of Little River and north of Cherry Grove. It's on the SC/NC border. It's undeveloped and is on the northernmost end of the Grand Strand. I haven't been up there in a long time, but I remember there being a sandy causeway to get out there. I think that's just for official vehicles, though. I think you can only get there by boat, like on a tour. Not to imply it's a long boat ride, because I'm pretty sure you could swim, or maybe even wade, across a little inlet from the north tip of Cherry Grove. I don't think you're allowed out there on your own, though.

Apparently, it is mostly owned by Coastal Carolina University now and is under consideration to become a SC State Park. I remember going there on a field trip when I was a kid. This is an informative article. If you're not in a reading mood, there are some cool pictures to see.

5cd0a0277b003.image.jpg

Preserving Waties Island: Could it be South Carolina's next state park?

Interesting since it came after they got tips......

That's what I thought until the story mentioned the bones were found during a beach cleanup. This past weekend was an international beach cleanup event, so it's probable this doesn't have to do with a tip related to Heather's case. Although that doesn't mean it can't be her.

It says here TM was booked in Horry County at 3:16 pm on Wed when SM was found guilty. My questions are:
What time was it turned over to the Jury?
And what time did the verdict come in?
Where r u seeing that? I thought she was returned to Leath on The Friday before (Don’t know time). I think she was booked in Horry County at 3:16 9/11 the week before his conviction and sentencing.

ETA:Tammy Moorer back in Horry County as husband’s kidnapping retrial continues

ETA: Jury members began their deliberations around 1:55 p.m. Wednesday and announced they had a verdict around 3:45 p.m.

Jury finds Sidney Moorer guilty of kidnapping Heather Elvis, sentenced to 30 years

Last edited:
Strange

Coroner Robert Edge said there were six bones in total.

"Some look human and some we’re not sure about," Edge said, adding that the bones will be sent to an anthropologist in Charleston for examination. Edge said he didn't know when they would get a determination about the bones' origin.

Possible human bones found on Waties Island

Here's a link from a local TV station, WPDE, says the bones were found by a community clean up group working Saturday. I couldn't read the Myrtle Beach Online news because it was behind a pay wall. Possible human bones found near Little River

Someone on another thread shared a little trick with us which I have been using all day today it seems like. And it works! Right when the page starts to come up, put your phone or your computer in airplane mode very quickly. Voila!! The entire article comes up without a pay wall. The things you learn here LOL

It says here TM was booked in Horry County at 3:16 pm on Wed when SM was found guilty. My questions are:
What time was it turned over to the Jury?
And what time did the verdict come in?
She was booked on Sept 11 and left Sept 13. His verdict was read Thursday - Sept 19, I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

Where r u seeing that? I thought she was returned to Leath on The Friday before (Don’t know time). I think she was booked in Horry County at 3:16 9/11 the week before his conviction and sentencing.

ETA:Tammy Moorer back in Horry County as husband’s kidnapping retrial continues

ETA: Jury members began their deliberations around 1:55 p.m. Wednesday and announced they had a verdict around 3:45 p.m.

Jury finds Sidney Moorer guilty of kidnapping Heather Elvis, sentenced to 30 years
Sorry forgot to leave link.

Tammy Moorer returns to Horry County as Sidney Moorer retrial continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members