GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with what the judge did. I think CB wanted the judge to write it off just to have something else for appeals ... " see how much prejudice we got as defense" Now that cannot be said, in regards to 'being fair' to both sides. He wanted TM behind bars as much as we did. He HAD to do this. I'm sure he knew it would get paid.

I'm ok with what the judge did. I think CB wanted the judge to write it off just to have something else for appeals ... " see how much prejudice we got as defense" Now that cannot be said, in regards to 'being fair' to both sides. He wanted TM behind bars as much as we did. He HAD to do this. I'm sure he knew it would get paid.

Agree. I don't fault the judge.

Post-trial contempt proceedings are not entirely uncommon. I’ve seen one where a witness openly criticized the courts ruling and then starting blasting the judge from the witness box. Interestingly, the same judge who was insulted decided the sentence.

I just meant because it apparently happened during the first week of trial. So it’s not uncommon to wait until the trial is over for something like this?

I wonder when Sidney's next trial will begin? I would like to get an organized list of all the contradictions that TM and her witness AC spouted during this trial so that it will be easy to compare with what Sidney's trial puts out. He needs to come up with a new "story" soon because the one they concocted this time didn't fare well for the Mrs. They had 5 years to alter things, change things, get their stories straight .. Nancy was right, the only evidence they presented was things that could be easily manipulated/changed and words

I hope someone does the right things and comes out and finally tells the truth about what happened to Heather .. they owe her family and loved ones!!!!!

Agree. I don't fault the judge.
I agree with you both. Judge Culbertson was just doing his job - a job he wouldn't have had to do were it not for CB having thin skin and an ulterior motive. And the fine was minimal, especially considering the amount of support TE has. JMO.

The problem I have with the judge is that sequestration rules during trial can be violated, but a father has to be fined and shamed because he blurted out his disgust on a bathroom run at a defense lawyer who was smearing his dead daughter.

I get it. I really do. I understand the law blah blah. But the truth is, functional adults do not go after the victim's father and appeal to a powerful authority figure to get back at that father for revenge. And this is nothing but revenge. Watch Casey Brown steeping in arrogance when he walked out of that courtroom after his juvenile and immature game of 'Gotcha!' He is a far lesser person than the person he insisted on humiliating.

Good theory..but I'm not so sure. I have also wondered if GM and CB instructed TM to say she had a bad defense, as one of the only ways to maybe get an appeal.

I'd like to know why those who violated the sequestration rules haven't been held accountable for that.

Add me to the list of posters having problems with this site since day before yesterday. The site kept re-loading and giving me messages about capacity problems. It would also slowly show what I was typing, and then reload the page, without saving what had been typed.

I'm so glad the jury was able to reach the verdicts they did. I hope that eventually SM and TM will be held responsible and accountable for everything they've said/done r/t this case.

Thanks to those providing updates and observations.

Websleuths keeps going down for me, so I wanted to just give a quick thanks to everyone for being a great and welcoming group throughout this trial (and the long years of frustration waiting for it to happen). With so much cruelty in the world, it's comforting to see so many strangers come together in support of Heather and her family.

I think the only one that could truly get in 'trouble' is PC. The others are minors. <modsnipped> If the judge were to find them in contempt, it wouldn't look good since they are 'children' PC is a different story, but i have a feeling there really isn't 'proof' that certain ones did certain things. WE all know they did, the deputy saw it, but still hard to 'prove'.... which i think will be part of the appeal process, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO
Exhaling since the right verdict and sentencing yesterday. A few lessons I have been thinking about that could have altered the course.

(1) One is if my partner ever cheats on me then I am going to only be upset at my partner because I hold them fully responsible for their own behavior. And if I ever have to leave my partner for their actions then so be it and that is what I will do.

(2) Two is for the defendent in this case. It makes me wonder if she would have just used "a crime of passion" defense and just admitted what happened and threw herself at the mercy of the court then it makes me wonder if she would have made out a lot better at sentencing.

(3)Three is SM still has a chance to make things right in his defense.
Admit he was not the ringleader and admit how he was pressured by a dominant figure in his life and admit what happened and admit where HE is. Do all that and everyone will understand how he was pressured by a dominant figure in his life and he may be surprised of how lenient the courts will be for him.

Last edited:
I'm finding the WS site to be unstable. The last 3 days have been frustrating. I get a lot of "503 System" errors. I thought there were supposed to be good server and software upgrades to handle expected site traffic? That's not been my experience this week or for a day or so last week.

As for today's hearing/charge, is it *what* T.E. called him or the fact that he talked to him or at him at all? My understanding, which may be incorrect, is this was a violation of a standing judicial order that's been in play for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998