GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by FrazzledNoodle, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

IIRC, it will be the same event therefore double jeopardy would apply to her.

3. Richmond

Richmond Well-Known Member

She was never tried for murder, so double jeopardy would not apply. She can still incriminate herself. (Go for it, Tammy!)

4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

5. Valkyrii

Valkyrii Well-Known Member

Just set my DVR to record 20/20 tomorrow night. I should probably pick up some anti-nausea meds to snack on while Tammy talks.

6. New2MB

New2MB Well-Known Member

I just don’t know if I can watch it. I hope the general public will see through her. We all know so much about the case, but a lot of people that will watch tomorrow night won’t know anything other than what is presented in the show. I’m glad they will be having friends of Heather’s on too.

7. Valkyrii

Valkyrii Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I've watched 20/20, but I don't remember them ever really editing someone like Tammy in a sympathetic way. I'm hoping with the guilty verdict that they will portray her as the villain she is.

8. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

I doubt I will be able to watch the 20/20 episode but I will look forward to reading about it here. I wish I had my own tv but I don't -have to share.

9. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

TM does like the make-up especially the heavy eye liner.

UndiscoveredTruth and Really? like this.
  10. dixiegirl1035

Thanks, it was my understanding from lawyers previously that if it was the same event that it happened, it could not be charged for a different charge. I'm not extremely clear on Double Jeopardy but that is the way I understood it from a long time ago from a lawyer here that was posting if I recall correctly.

@Mrspratcher
    @gitana1
    @Alethea
    @Bill Carson
    @amandaa

Are any of the above lawyers following this case? If somebody is charged with kidnapping, and found guilty( or not guilty) and later they find the body or have new evidence to prove murder which was during the same event, can they file another charge of murder?

11. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

According to this, they can be charged with murder if they obtain evidence she was murdered

Criminal Procedure: Law and Practice

12. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

That's correct. She is not immune from murder charges in the future. They dropped the murder charge previously but are free to charge her when/if they have enough evidence to do so, with no statute of limitations.

13. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

I don't recall a witness taking the stand from Facebook but Carmen Rodriguez testified she monitored the defendant's facebook. She read one of TM's postings.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/10/wife-...husbands-lover-claims-they-had-open-marriage/

This article from February 2014 states the department was following her facebook closely from early on:

Rhodes said the department paid particular attention to the Moorers early on, even keeping tabs of their social media pages, where the Moorers talked about trips they were taking out-of-state.

“Throughout the process of the investigation, when the Moorers did leave the area, we were very much aware of where they were at all times, so we were coordinating with other agencies throughout the course of the investigation,” Rhodes said.

Couple charged with murder in Heather Elvis case

14. dixiegirl1035

Thanks, that supports what I was thinking. That law enforcement did not do a subpoena on Facebook that was presented during the trial. They merely followed it along with the rest of us.

15. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

From what I thought, they can still get everything deleted from her account. Remember when they use to say whatever you wrote on twitter, facebook etc...was there forever. Maybe not?

16. LBDunes

LBDunes Well-Known Member

ABC News’ ‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT)

‘20/20’ FEATURES FIRST INTERVIEW WITH TAMMY MOORER JUST DAYS AFTER SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY OF KIDNAPPING HER HUSBAND’S FORMER MISTRESS,
    HEATHER ELVIS, WHO HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE 2013

‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC

This week Tammy Moorer was found guilty of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, her husband’s former mistress who has been missing since 2013. Just days earlier, she sat down with ABC News senior national correspondent Matt Gutman for her first television interview. Tammy continues to claim that she and her husband, Sidney, were not involved in Heather’s disappearance. The hour also includes interviews with Heather’s friends Jessica Cooke, Jodi Davenport and Deborah Woods, who speak out on Heather’s relationship with Sidney. “20/20” airs on Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01–11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

Twenty-year-old Heather was working at a local Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, restaurant when she met Sidney, a 38-year-old husband and father of three. The two became romantically involved; but in October 2013, prosecutors say Tammy uncovered the affair. According to Heather’s friends, Tammy began to text and call Heather, warning her to stay away from her husband and family. Tammy denies these allegations. On the evening of Dec. 17, 2013, Heather seemed to be moving on from Sidney and was out on a date with someone new. Then, according to authorities, after a phone conversation with Sidney later that night, Heather got into her car and drove to a remote river landing. Authorities say that at the same time a truck that matched the one owned by Sidney and Tammy was captured on surveillance cameras driving toward the same landing and then was seen driving back a short time later. Sidney has since been convicted of obstruction of justice and was tried for kidnapping, but a mistrial was declared. Sidney is still facing charges on kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. Tammy has been sentenced to two 30-year sentences in prison, served concurrently, in connection to Heather’s disappearance.

17. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

So much for her having no communication with anyone for two weeks (not even a book).

18. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

The interview itself would have happened before she was convicted, because once she was convicted she was hauled off to jail and no news agency would have access to her during her intake period, and possibly not at all for a long time.

19. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

Searching if police can get deleted information from facebook, I found this on a google search. Other articles I read said it would have to be something like a murder in order to move them to do so. Sorry no link. It was at the top of the page on the google search I did.

It may be technically possible for them to retrieve it however facebook would have to provide this to them. The police themselves would not have any ability to access adeleted account. Facebook would not provide them the information without a court order, they would not just provide it upon request.

20. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

If we can believe DD (Tammy's cousin), the picture of Heather was supposedly for Tammy. Does this mean TM was not there during the murder? I always envision that she did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.