***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

Another interview with Mark Ainsworth . Result of today is good hard police work and help from members of the community.
    Every missing person is taken seriously.

2. Aunty

Aunty New Member

3. itsthevibe

itsthevibe Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

What do they say?

4. Spotted Reptile

Spotted Reptile New Member

My humble opinion is that he had been thinking of ways to have Allison killed, but hadn't really worked it all out yet, then that night everything escalated with Toni and other stuff, they had a huge fight and suddenly there was the opportunity and he took it. And then he realised what he'd done and had to come up with a bunch of stuff to cover it up and in his panicked state didn't realise he was incriminating himself. I see a bunch of accessory charges coming down the line too. The rest of the BC's won't get off easily.

5. alioop

Police detective saying the Early engagement of CIB through the police on the scene helped greatly. This is not about us celebrating ourselves, it's for the victims of homicide. Those victims that surround the deceased. Work put in and overwhelming evidence they had.

6. wakeskate

wakeskate Just the facts, ma'am

I think the really interesting part will start now.

We will obviously get the sentencing which will be the start of it all.
    Next will be the (hopefully failed) appeals.

Once Gerrard realises he is going to jail for the next 20 something years, will he squeal on any accomplices if they exist for a reduced sentence.

7. itsthevibe

itsthevibe Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I can't be around until after 6pm so if anyone is still out celebrating tonight let me know. Otherwise I will be online when I get home! Wow, I'm in shock but very pleased, also emotional.

8. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

lol, and totally agree, things like dropped pie, smashed crab, half sucked minty and a cats bee hind all come into play

9. Susan12

Susan12 Member

I wish I was wearing yellow today.

10. alioop

Mark Ainsworth talking about issues Allison had to deal with, she kept them to herself. He says have a hard conversation with your friends if you suspect domestic violence, including the long term emotional violence that Allison suffered.

11. sheldor

sheldor New Member

12. ozazure

ozazure Active Member

The QLD police so often impress. Gerard wasn't believed from the moment they arrived in the home - perhaps beforehand from his strange call.

13. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

14. alioop

Already sentenced to life imprisonment.

15. Brightbird

Brightbird Active Member

I'm still speechless. My cat came and sat on my lap as the verdict was read out. I squeezed him so hard and cried on him. Wonderful and very moving impact statements. I especially enjoyed the judge telling GBC he is not of good character. Suck it up Gerard! He's such a coward. How on earth did he think he could get away with it? I'm on the fence re his family and what they know, but either way they should be ashamed for trying to destroy Allison's reputation. Well done to everyone here who has waited patiently for this day. In some way, I'm sure all the support here has helped get this outcome.

16. Curiousasacat

Curiousasacat New Member

My favourite sentence besides "you are sentenced to life" is

"You have no criminal history, but you are definitely not a good character."

17. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

18. jens

jens Well-Known Member

I am so relieved with the guilty result and pleased that justice for Allison has been achieved. I wish her family all the best as they try to rebuild their lives and those of the girls.

I would also like to thank everyone here on Websleuths for their amazing insights throughout this whole process in their efforts to seek justice. You all deserve a pat on the back as do the Queensland police, SES, prosecution, jurors and judge...

19. L_B

L_B Member

20. alioop

I know the girls aren't at the same school now, but there will be great rejoicing and sadness at Brookfield school at pickup today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.