***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toe

toe New Member

Parts of the TM 60 minutes interview will be shown shortly.

2. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Thanks for the heads up!

*Tunes out* I can't watch any more of that.

3. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Reluctantly though!

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

5. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

It was said by one the reporter that right up to the point of the word "guilty" he thought he was off Scott free. Only then he started shaking uncontrollably.
    The cruelty the BC's showed towards the Dickies during the trial, the happy and cockiness must have hurt them so much.
    Every dog has it's day.

6. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

You are welcome. I have seen ACA do this hidden camera stuff before.

7. alioop

She seemed to answer honestly then yes she did qualify her answer by saying but it was always hard to know what Allison was thinking or something along those lines. She realised she had gone off the family script!

8. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Is it true that upon hearing the verdict the BC'S got up and left the court? If so, why would they? In their eyes he is innocent so why not protest from the roof tops? Apologies for my many posts but just finding it hard to process having missed it all earlier.

9. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Just saw grab from tomorrow's front pages, herald sun is running a line that police bugged coffin. Seems he was in the frame, every second of the way.

10. alioop

Or you can lead a defence to suicide but you can't make it stick!

11. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

What about her sons?? You'd think it would have been bad enough for them to have lived through their mum having to admit to the backseat shagging etc., now she's front and centre on National tv still blabbing on about him - a convicted murderer. Can you imagine the flack those boys have probably already copped over the whole sad and sordid mess??

12. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Take it like a man.

Tonight realise the true reason you have life in prison. You are a murderer and your name is now mud.
    Oh say hello to Brett Cowan, I'm sure he'll welcome you with open arms.

13. Inspector

Inspector Member

What an emotional day. Finally justice is served. Heart-breaking. Geoff you never failed as a father. Gerard failed as a husband and father. The Dickies are an amazing family. I'm devastated that the 3 girls no longer have their beautiful mother. I'm heartened that they will grow up surrounded by the Dickies and hopefully no B-Cs. As for TM, I have no words. Shame on you for making your sordid affair air on ACA. No class at all. No dignity. Think of your sons and the 3 girls. You were a port in a storm, and G couldn't even be faithful to you. Finally, thank you to all of the amazing WS minds I grew to know and love since A went missing in April 2012. I will never forget the support you all provided in a time of great sadness and dismay. I'm still shocked our collective views are now sensationalist news, but at least G is going away for a long time. Small comfort to the family who have lost Allison, and the 3 young angels who have lost their loving mother. RIP Allison xxxx

14. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

I know we have talked about this a bit but I don't think I have a chance in hell of finding it, but what are his chances for an appeal? On what grounds, and what do you think would be the chance of success?

15. alioop

Just EBC apparently. She was crying. The others stayed in court.

16. alioop

I don't want to think about that today but I will look into it hopefully tomorrow and report back.

17. Snails

Snails New Member

Imagine the compounded stress any sentence appeal will have on them. It would be best if GBC let it go now for the sake of his family. Accept your sentence. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen as that is not what people with narcissistic personality disorder do.

18. Inspector

Inspector Member

I know she was within her rights, but I'm so upset EBC didn't stay to hear the victim impact statements - I had no idea they were coming today. I had hoped that they would appear at some point, as I imagine they could possibly affect the sentence length? I'm struggling to keep up with everything today, but gathered the exact sentence for the "wife killer" has not yet been determined? Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm so relieved about the verdict. :behindbar:

19. Saxons

Saxons Member

I want to "double-like" this post. Never a truer word spoken.. Thank you.
    Some marriages are doomed, some partners behave awfully.. But I cannot forgive a third party that gets themselves involved in this misery, and lets not forget the facts. Not only did TM know GBC was married... This all went on for 3 years!
    Not only was she was a callous and nasty person for deceiving Allison..but stupid and gullible. What woman will put up with being the secret mistress and having a quickie shag in a car?
    Seriously?? Self respect? ..zero. I would be appalled to sink to that level of behavior. Its disgusting. If GBC really wanted to be with her, then he would have. Her tears in the interview left me cold. She isn't a child... For goodness sake, grow up TM. Life is not an episode of Bold and the Beautiful. And someone needs to slap her and remind her she also has children that have to cope with this appalling behavior.

My tolerance for this adolescent purile behaviour is zero. Grow up and think of the innocent children affected by your need for a shag in a car.
    TM...It certainly wasn't Allison who needed therapy!
    Rant over.

20. alioop

I didn't think sentencing would be today either to give time for victim impact statements to be prepared. But they were already done in anticipation. There was no discretion on the judge as it is mandatory life sentence so no sentencing submissions by the defence were required. The criminal code then provides for a min of 15 yr non parole period. So it was an easy sentence for the judge and not affected by the victim impact statements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.