***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope with all that has happened here it has changed everyone like it has changed me.

You no longer need to stand by your man(thanks Tammy) if he is a pathetic excuse for a man. Put plans in place to get out. If people are trying to help you in anyway jump at the chance and take it. Never let your life be a tragedy like this turned out to be.

Live life like there is no tomorrow and make every moment count.

Hear hear!

I understand wanting to do it for the kids but it's not worth losing your life for.

Magazines next... My husband is here shaking his head at the ACA, Late Night Special with Karl, 60 Minutes... Asking me why? Why is there so much attention for this case? I have no answer....
Because our collective sense of decency was hurt just a little bit.

At the very high risk of being frowned upon.... I have to say that I actually feel sorry for TM. I'd say she was totally drawn in by GBC's web of deceitful promises....:dunno:
Just to be clear, I am in no way condoning any of her actions but just feel that she also is a victim in this terribly sad case. :whiteflag:

I'm sure she will be comforted by the big pay cheque she gets for her interviews.......IMO.

Thanks. My ch 9 is malfunctioning and am a bit frustrated.

Talked to a colleague today who has a friend who works in the incoming part of G's new prison. Says he will be well medicated initially.

In with sex offenders :scared:

I understand what you're saying. I was a huge TM hater in the early days, but some tough life lessons (since) have made me less judgemental.

The whole mess is a tragedy. This will not be popular but I even had a touch of empathy for GBC today. He lost the plot completely...and I'm sure he'd take it back if he could. He just should have 'fessed up' earlier...the 2 year denial has made it all so much worse. RIP ALLISON x

Even in the (2009?) video of Toni and GBC at the auction, Toni is far from slim. I actually thought she looked attractive in these videos. This suggests that GBC's issue with Allison putting on weight was an excuse at the very least; and at worst, it was just another form of emotional abuse - another way of putting Allison down and keeping her down.

Anyone else read "Fat is a feminist issue"??

I believe that's true. That's how it happens. I know because I was in a relationsip for a long time with someone like that. However in the case of TM and having an affair there is an added issue to me - i can understand her falling in love with him and not realising what he was like. But she knew he was married and that's that, it doesn't matter what else is in play - he was married, therefore out of bounds if you have any strength of character and concern for others. And I have been in the situation of falling in love with a married man. I avoided an affair because he was married. It was hard but I managed it. We eventually did get together for a short period when he told me he had ended his marriage, but he was not totally honest about that (they were still living in the same house) and when he resumed things with his wife we both ended it.

I'm not saying I'm some sort of saint, just saying I have no sympathy for Toni McHugh. She is a selfish woman. She contributed to pain for another person, she is an adult, and she doesn't have to have everything she wants.

I am in no way saying that what TM or any of those other women did was in any way right.

But indulge me for a moment. Imagine that you're a lonely woman craving affection and a man says something like this: I'm scared for my daughters, if I leave, I'm scared what she'll do to them, I honestly believe that if I leave her, that she will kill my daughters purely for revenge - she's evil and twisted. I'm so lonely, I long to be in a loving relationship with a woman I truly love - that would he like heaven for me, but I'm trapped in a marriage void of love and affection - for the sake of my children who I love more than life itself, *tears*,could I have a hug please.

How would a woman with low self esteem, and feeling lonely react to something like this ?

Just food for thought :)

Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial: What the jury wasn’t told

Conducting more than 1500 separate lines of inquiry, police:

* Found a car similar to the couple’s Captiva was recorded on grainy traffic camera footage at the Kenmore roundabout.

* Discovered Gerard pursued numerous women in a life of deceit that was only partially detailed to the jury.

* Went all over the world in their investigations, including consultations with UK counterparts about the scratches on Gerard’s face.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-jury-wasnt-told/story-fnihsrf2-1226989606222

I think we are all a pretty good bunch of cyber friends BC! Thanks to Allison for making this friendship possible and in turn I hope in some small way we provided some voice and direction in her justice today!

Looks like a have a trip from Sydney to Brisbane soon, yeah??

OMG I gotta see my hairdresser!! ;)

Just watched the channel 9 snippet from the interview with TM, with Tara Brown , on Sunday 60 minutes. She was in tears, says she loved him unconditionally and believed she was having a loving and caring relationship with him, one that had a future, she denies she is at all to blame for any of it and thnks if it wasnt her it would of been another woman. Will have to watch Sunday night to hear the whole thing as well as the woman who claims to be told by him he wanted to kill his wife

"She loved him" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh :tantrum:
Those words have been driving me nuts for 2 blimming years!!!! After all of this, TM still thinks she was in a normal relationship... with a married man... who went on to kill his wife.

I really do think the gravity of Allison's murder is significantly lost on Toni, especially where the 3 girls are concerned. Correction - there appears to be sympathy for herself. Strange demeanor & facial expressions I thought. Her eye contact was in false, over confident 'selling' mode. (Trying to find a web link for it). Look forward to seeing the full interview & I hope interviewer Tara Brown asks some tough questions. I'd like to know what secured the court valet service.

I just hope with all that has happened here it has changed everyone like it has changed me.

You no longer need to stand by your man(thanks Tammy) if he is a pathetic excuse for a man. Put plans in place to get out. If people are trying to help you in anyway jump at the chance and take it. Never let your life be a tragedy like this turned out to be.

Live life like there is no tomorrow and make every moment count.

Totally agree.

Two years ago our daughter finally walked out of an abusive relationship. 22 she was at the time. It took her a while to get the courage up to walk out of the home they owned with just the case the police helped her pack. (we even had police protection for Xmas Day until they found him)
She was told many times you leave and you will end up in cement boots!
We are very lucky to have her here with us.

Thank you for your words Justice Byrne. Thanks also goes to the police and the prosecutors, including our favourite "man of the moment" Todd Fuller.

"Your shameful conduct after murdering Allison bespeaks a profound absence of remorse," Justice Byrne told him.
"You are given to lies and other deception, so much so that whatever you may say on any application for parole 15 years or more hence, will need to be assessed with considerable scepticism."

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...ntinue-in-baden-clay-case#XGqeoUzdTOREs5KE.99

Hear hear!

I understand wanting to do it for the kids but it's not worth losing your life for.

Exactly.

I grew up in a house full of domestic violence. Luckily my my Mother got out with me but left my brother behind with Dad. When I reached my later teenage years I noticed the narcissistic traits in my whole family bar me. Three years ago after the quakes I made my break to Australia and left the controlling/ manipulative family behind. I survived that due to my resilience. Let's hope that the Dickie family are keeping instilling those resilience traits in those beautiful girls.

That's my story folks laid bare.

Exactly.

I grew up in a house full of domestic violence. Luckily my my Mother got out with me but left my brother behind with Dad. When I reached my later teenage years I noticed the narcissistic traits in my whole family bar me. Three years ago after the quakes I made my break to Australia and left the controlling/ manipulative family behind. I survived that due to my resilience. Let's hope that the Dickie family are keeping instilling those resilience traits in those beautiful girls.

That's my story folks laid bare.

((Hugs))

ACA tonight.Before verdict. GBC was telling security staff , that he will be going home soon.
He really thought he was getting away with it :facepalm:

Yep, remember he and his family were described as looking "stunned" - this being held to account is gonna be a brand new experience for him I'll bet. He had himself fooled.

Emotionally draining day aside.... Mrs Dickie I thought you looked absolutely lovely today. A picture of style, grace & dignity. You did your family proud!

Totally agree.

Two years ago our daughter finally walked out of an abusive relationship. 22 she was at the time. It took her a while to get the courage up to walk out of the home they owned with just the case the police helped her pack. (we even had police protection for Xmas Day until they found him)
She was told many times you leave and you will end up in cement boots!
We are very lucky to have her here with us.

That must have been hard for you witness, I'm so happy you managed to get her out of there.

Regarding Allison's girls contact with GBC - What dreadful psychopathology will the have to experience and display before experts can agree that visiting daddy is not in the girls best interest?? I'd go so far as to suggest that contact with the whole BC clan is not in their best interests. From what we know and have heard so far, it's likely that their mission will be to portray daddy as the victim in all of this and to impart the associated lies they use to support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow