***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts of the TM 60 minutes interview will be shown shortly.

I think the family suffers from some sort of group delusion where they were all convinced he'd get away with it.

It was said by one the reporter that right up to the point of the word "guilty" he thought he was off Scott free. Only then he started shaking uncontrollably.
The cruelty the BC's showed towards the Dickies during the trial, the happy and cockiness must have hurt them so much.
Every dog has it's day.

Reluctantly though!

She seemed to answer honestly then yes she did qualify her answer by saying but it was always hard to know what Allison was thinking or something along those lines. She realised she had gone off the family script!

Is it true that upon hearing the verdict the BC'S got up and left the court? If so, why would they? In their eyes he is innocent so why not protest from the roof tops? Apologies for my many posts but just finding it hard to process having missed it all earlier.

Just saw grab from tomorrow's front pages, herald sun is running a line that police bugged coffin. Seems he was in the frame, every second of the way.

What about her sons?? You'd think it would have been bad enough for them to have lived through their mum having to admit to the backseat shagging etc., now she's front and centre on National tv still blabbing on about him - a convicted murderer. Can you imagine the flack those boys have probably already copped over the whole sad and sordid mess??

Pick up the soap Gerry darling :truce:

Take it like a man.

Tonight realise the true reason you have life in prison. You are a murderer and your name is now mud.
Oh say hello to Brett Cowan, I'm sure he'll welcome you with open arms.

What an emotional day. Finally justice is served. Heart-breaking. Geoff you never failed as a father. Gerard failed as a husband and father. The Dickies are an amazing family. I'm devastated that the 3 girls no longer have their beautiful mother. I'm heartened that they will grow up surrounded by the Dickies and hopefully no B-Cs. As for TM, I have no words. Shame on you for making your sordid affair air on ACA. No class at all. No dignity. Think of your sons and the 3 girls. You were a port in a storm, and G couldn't even be faithful to you. Finally, thank you to all of the amazing WS minds I grew to know and love since A went missing in April 2012. I will never forget the support you all provided in a time of great sadness and dismay. I'm still shocked our collective views are now sensationalist news, but at least G is going away for a long time. Small comfort to the family who have lost Allison, and the 3 young angels who have lost their loving mother. RIP Allison xxxx

I didn't see it as a confession, rather GBC's barrister saying all the evidence shows is that even though there were scratches on the face of the accused, all the evidence did was shed some light on the “nature of the relations in the house that night”. The judge wasn't having a bar of it, saying that what the jury should be entitled to infer is that if these be her fingernail scratches, and she was engaged in a physical altercation with him, she does not survive."
“Why is it not in all the circumstances open to the jury to infer that she did not survive it because he proceeded intentionally to kill her?”

If he appeals which he surely will, it depends on the basis of the appeal as to whether it will continue to be held by the court until the appeal is resolved. But the basic principal is that under the terms of Allison's will, it passes to her children as he cannot benefit from her death as he unlawfully caused it. Mr Dickie will also be able to be appointed full administrator of her estate in lieu of his current interim appointment pending the outcome of the trial. So appeal stuff aside, all that nearly 1M will be held on trust by Mr Dickie until they each turn 18. It will be able to be used for their maintenance education and support until they turn 18. It is not available to any creditors even Allison's, as life insurance cannot be used to pay debts of a deceased person. It's considered a special category estate asset.

Exactly Poss. Thanks for that.

I know we have talked about this a bit but I don't think I have a chance in hell of finding it, but what are his chances for an appeal? On what grounds, and what do you think would be the chance of success?

Is it true that upon hearing the verdict the BC'S got up and left the court? If so, why would they? In their eyes he is innocent so why not protest from the roof tops? Apologies for my many posts but just finding it hard to process having missed it all earlier.

Just EBC apparently. She was crying. The others stayed in court.

I know we have talked about this a bit but I don't think I have a chance in hell of finding it, but what are his chances for an appeal? On what grounds, and what do you think would be the chance of success?

I don't want to think about that today but I will look into it hopefully tomorrow and report back.

Imagine the compounded stress any sentence appeal will have on them. It would be best if GBC let it go now for the sake of his family. Accept your sentence. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen as that is not what people with narcissistic personality disorder do.

I know she was within her rights, but I'm so upset EBC didn't stay to hear the victim impact statements - I had no idea they were coming today. I had hoped that they would appear at some point, as I imagine they could possibly affect the sentence length? I'm struggling to keep up with everything today, but gathered the exact sentence for the "wife killer" has not yet been determined? Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm so relieved about the verdict. :behindbar:

Yes i do understand your points. But I am just so averse to affairs as i believe it is wrong, despite my past and probably current low self esteem i still wouldn't do it. I have no interest or sympathy for people who do. I also think your example below is far-fetched, despite low self esteem if she does have it, TM was a woman of the world, she had a career in property, she was not a little shrinking naive mouse with no experience or knowledge of anything. Everyone knows it's wrong to have an affair, and to me you'd always have to question a man who told the story you outline. Fall in love yes, be entranced with the charisma and the facade, feel sorry for the sob-story, yes, understandable, but at the end of the day most caring people would have a degree of cynicism about the extent of some of the story, even if you had fallen in love with the guy. Demonising the wife is such a ploy that generally there would have to be some concern surely. Unless of course you didnt care about the wife anyway - which is why I have no sympathy for her. Understand it, yes, but sympathy no because she didnt care about Allison or the girls, and takes no responsibility.
I want to "double-like" this post. Never a truer word spoken.. Thank you.
Some marriages are doomed, some partners behave awfully.. But I cannot forgive a third party that gets themselves involved in this misery, and lets not forget the facts. Not only did TM know GBC was married... This all went on for 3 years!
Not only was she was a callous and nasty person for deceiving Allison..but stupid and gullible. What woman will put up with being the secret mistress and having a quickie shag in a car?
Seriously?? Self respect? ..zero. I would be appalled to sink to that level of behavior. Its disgusting. If GBC really wanted to be with her, then he would have. Her tears in the interview left me cold. She isn't a child... For goodness sake, grow up TM. Life is not an episode of Bold and the Beautiful. And someone needs to slap her and remind her she also has children that have to cope with this appalling behavior.

My tolerance for this adolescent purile behaviour is zero. Grow up and think of the innocent children affected by your need for a shag in a car.
TM...It certainly wasn't Allison who needed therapy!
Rant over.

I know she was within her rights, but I'm so upset EBC didn't stay to hear the victim impact statements - I had no idea they were coming today. I had hoped that they would appear at some point, as I imagine they could possibly affect the sentence length? I'm struggling to keep up with everything today, but gathered the exact sentence for the "wife killer" has not yet been determined? Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm so relieved about the verdict. :behindbar:

I didn't think sentencing would be today either to give time for victim impact statements to be prepared. But they were already done in anticipation. There was no discretion on the judge as it is mandatory life sentence so no sentencing submissions by the defence were required. The criminal code then provides for a min of 15 yr non parole period. So it was an easy sentence for the judge and not affected by the victim impact statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave