GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJPRINCESS

Reaction score
He is never getting out of prison, but if he is found guilty in this case he loses the inheritance. I want to see him lose the inheritance so he has no money to use even in prison. The other money he has from properties that were sold and he transferred to his mother I think the money is frozen.
There are two civil cases against him from the Babcock and Bosma families.
Right now I think the transfer he made of the properties to his mother is looked at as suspicious and probably will be investigated. I hope that the money becomes available to go to the families and DM is left with nothing. JUSTICE SERVED.

But technically he doesn’t have anything. He transferred/sold everything for $1 to his mother the first few days after his arrest. SS was selling off all the vehicles and seen one ad for a car but those all combined wouldn’t even put a dent in lawyers fees accumulated.

But then He had $1 million unfroze by order of the judge just before the LB case for lawyers. He didn’t want to pay fees and represented himself.
Not sure where this money was drawn from as DM claimed he was broke and could not afford a lawyer and applied for legal aide but was denied. I wonder if the money came out of the sales of properties his mom bought for $1 and sold?

Since it (transactions to mom) was done to hide assets for future civil cases against him, are there any court cases pending or would this be something being fought along side of the Bosma lawsuit?

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
The police investigation was clearly influenced by the previous trials. Not sure what you mean by this....

The intial police investigation was compete incompetence by Toronto Police. At least that is what I am gathering by following this trial. The simple idea that DM was showing no emotional response to the death of his father and the fact that there was gun in the room and the inconsistent testimonies of whether the anything was touched in the room. I am more disappointed with the Toronto Police more than anything and they messed the whole thing up but not looking further into the death of WM

But technically he doesn’t have anything. He transferred/sold everything for $1 to his mother the first few days after his arrest. SS was selling off all the vehicles and seen one ad for a car but those all combined wouldn’t even put a dent in lawyers fees accumulated.

But then He had $1 million unfroze by order of the judge just before the LB case for lawyers. He didn’t want to pay fees and represented himself.
Not sure where this money was drawn from as DM claimed he was broke and could not afford a lawyer and applied for legal aide but was denied. I wonder if the money came out of the sales of properties his mom bought for $1 and sold?

Since it (transactions to mom) was done to hide assets for future civil cases against him, are there any court cases pending or would this be something being fought along side of the Bosma lawsuit?

Correct me if I’m wrong, I recall what was thought to be hidden assets was later reported to involve the proceeds from the sale of DMs properties being required to pay off the Millardair loans? I recall reading that and it makes sense to me because after his fathers death and the shutdown, he’d become wholely liable for the Millardair debt. After that though, the physical Millardair building would become an asset, unencumbered by debt although iirc the land was leased.

I believe Riverside, Maplegate and a home on Derry Rd, were "Millard family homes" before CM's death. I think they always considered the hangars (2 at Pearson) and the homes as "family properties". All of it likely made up CM's estate. Perhaps after CM's death, the Maplegate home was put in WM's name and the Riverside one put in DM's name. Perhaps the will stipulated this? Perhaps WM and DM agreed to this? The Derry Rd home was sold to help finance the new hangar I believe.

It appears that DM went on to buy and sell 2 distillery district condos (at 2 different times) and a house in Oakville. He also bought the Ayr farm and a condo in Woodbridge. At the time of his arrest, Riverside, Maplegate, the farm and the Woodbridge condo were still owned properties. And the new hangar. And all were likely purchased with Millard "family" money and I'm not sure how or if those funds were ever distinguished as anything other than part of the Millard Properties company that DM and WM were each 50 percent owners of. Can't imagine DM paying property taxes and such on those properties on his own. All expenses probably came out of the Millard Properties income. And that income pretty much ended when they sold the rental hangar at Pearson. The only income coming in after that would have been any rent being collected on the other properties IMO.

Which is probably why accountants were having a heck of a time trying to figure out WM's estate after DM was arrested for his murder.

MOO

Funny how RP doesn't lurch up to contest this opinion testimony when it suits him, huh? (not funny, but you know)

I am sure it will be fought about the transfer of properties to his mother for $1. I hope they can get every cent they can from him obviously they won't get the millions they want but get all the assets he has.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I recall what was thought to be hidden assets was later reported to involve the proceeds from the sale of DMs properties being required to pay off the Millardair loans? I recall reading that and it makes sense to me because after his fathers death and the shutdown, he’d become wholely liable for the Millardair debt. After that though, the physical Millardair building would become an asset, unencumbered by debt although iirc the land was leased.

Right, sorry I forgot about the hanger sale. But as for the assests being sold to mom for $1 to pay off loans, I’m not sure I believe that if it came from anyone associated with DM. That was just too shady.
I thought it was the hanger sales that were paying back debts? So much to remember in all of this lol

I am sure it will be fought about the transfer of properties to his mother for $1. I hope they can get every cent they can from him obviously they won't get the millions they want but get all the assets he has.

This article below is almost 2 years old however it appears prior financial menouverings have all been filed through the court.

It’s possible the buyer of the hanger has since paid the balance of the purchase, 1.6 million, and part of those proceeds are now being used to fund his defence, although I think the amount owing to CRA would have first dibs.

Here:
Dellen Millard’s tangled financial web | The Star
“.......In order to facilitate the sales and “minimize any associated stigma” Millard also transferred three of the properties – a house in Etobicoke, a condo in the Distillery District and a condo in Vaughan -- to Burns.

The proceeds of the sale of those properties and others was used primarily to repay a bank loan, Burns states in an affidavit, resulting in the business owing Millard more than $4 million.

Following a “protracted and difficult sale process” Millard Properties sold its interest in the Waterloo airport lease and hangar for $4.8 million in April 2015 – $3.2 million in cash, the rest as a promissory note, a report by a court-appointed receiver states.

From the cash, $1,214,709.40 went to Millard to repay a portion of shareholder loans.

“Substantially all of these funds” went towards paying Millard’s legal fees and retainers prior to November 2015, the report states.

Millard Properties continues to owe Millard $3,979,538.54 in shareholder loans – but given that the company’s only remaining asset is the promissory note, the loans are unlikely to be repaid prior to the maturity date, Burns states in an affidavit.....”

This article below is almost 2 years old however it appears prior financial menouverings have all been filed through the court.

It’s possible the buyer of the hanger has since paid the balance of the purchase, 1.6 million, and part of those proceeds are now being used to fund his defence, although I think the amount owing to CRA would have first dibs.

Here:
Dellen Millard’s tangled financial web | The Star
“.......In order to facilitate the sales and “minimize any associated stigma” Millard also transferred three of the properties – a house in Etobicoke, a condo in the Distillery District and a condo in Vaughan -- to Burns.

The proceeds of the sale of those properties and others was used primarily to repay a bank loan, Burns states in an affidavit, resulting in the business owing Millard more than $4 million.

Following a “protracted and difficult sale process” Millard Properties sold its interest in the Waterloo airport lease and hangar for $4.8 million in April 2015 – $3.2 million in cash, the rest as a promissory note, a report by a court-appointed receiver states.

From the cash, $1,214,709.40 went to Millard to repay a portion of shareholder loans.

“Substantially all of these funds” went towards paying Millard’s legal fees and retainers prior to November 2015, the report states.

Millard Properties continues to owe Millard $3,979,538.54 in shareholder loans – but given that the company’s only remaining asset is the promissory note, the loans are unlikely to be repaid prior to the maturity date, Burns states in an affidavit.....”

BBM

Lol, so does this mean MB knew DM was guilty when they did this transfer of properties? To minimize any stigma...she’s just as much of of liar as her son is! The transaction of transfer was done within days of his arrest!

I believe Riverside, Maplegate and a home on Derry Rd, were "Millard family homes" before CM's death. I think they always considered the hangars (2 at Pearson) and the homes as "family properties". All of it likely made up CM's estate. Perhaps after CM's death, the Maplegate home was put in WM's name and the Riverside one put in DM's name. Perhaps the will stipulated this? Perhaps WM and DM agreed to this? The Derry Rd home was sold to help finance the new hangar I believe.

It appears that DM went on to buy and sell 2 distillery district condos (at 2 different times) and a house in Oakville. He also bought the Ayr farm and a condo in Woodbridge. At the time of his arrest, Riverside, Maplegate, the farm and the Woodbridge condo were still owned properties. And the new hangar. And all were likely purchased with Millard "family" money and I'm not sure how or if those funds were ever distinguished as anything other than part of the Millard Properties company that DM and WM were each 50 percent owners of. Can't imagine DM paying property taxes and such on those properties on his own. All expenses probably came out of the Millard Properties income. And that income pretty much ended when they sold the rental hangar at Pearson. The only income coming in after that would have been any rent being collected on the other properties IMO.

Which is probably why accountants were having a heck of a time trying to figure out WM's estate after DM was arrested for his murder.

MOO
Maple Gate was originally in WM and his moms name- it was then transferred to WM, then WM & DM. In all likelihood it was held as Joint Tenancy, meaning there were survivorship rights. WM dies, it all belongs to DM. Derry Road was owned by DM & WM and was sold before the hangar started. When DM was arrested, Riverside was solely in DM's name with a 1M mortgage to WM against it. Upon WM's death, that mortgage would have become an asset to his Estate. DM also had the Woodbridge condo where JS lived, the Distillery Condo that he was trying to get closed and the Roseville farm. DM may have very well gotten an inheritance from CM and was investing it in real estate i.e.) condo's, Roseville.

A couple days after DM was arrested he gave MB Power of Attorney for some of his properties and transferred the others over to her for $1.00 under a Trust Agreement.

IMHO, CM's Estate didn't by-pass WM in favour of DM.

I hope he loses everything. His mother is in late 60's and she is set up financially. She sold her house in a very affluent area and who knows where she is now. She could even be living in one of the properties DM sold to her for $1. DM is her only child so probably will leave everything to him who knows maybe not now that he is in prison for life.

Worth remembering that the civil suit by the Bosma family extends beyond DM and MS to MB and CN:

Tim Bosma’s family suing his killers | The Star

I’ve been trying to find the text DM sent MS after he left the police station. It read something like, “Just left police station … I gave them your name but not your address.” I’m thinking DM must have talked to MS earlier in the evening to keep him informed of their plot, and then texted him again to follow up. Otherwise, wouldn’t MS have questioned why DM was at the police station in the first place? “I gave them your name but not your address." So he did know Mark’s addresss even though he told the detectives he didn’t? moo

Last edited:
DM seemed to distance himself from the gun used during the initial interviews. Surely the Crown will address its history. Why did DM reach out to an illegal gun dealer to purchase a restricted gun for his dad who had a license? Why would Wayne want a gun when he only had them as survival and protection during his piloting career, and gave them away?

And why did he say this about a gun when he purchased it from the same gun dealer?

"By the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl." -DM

MOO

Court day - legal arguments
Crime scene reconstructionist, defence to ask that his evidence be excluded.

“....There's also a second legal argument scheduled that centres around whether or not Dellen Millard was free to leave when was interviewed by police on the night in 2012 when he says he found his father's body.”

“These arguments are the last anticipated steps before the Crown closes its case. Then, it will be up to Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, to divulge whether or not he will call defence witnesses...”
Defence pushes for key evidence at Millard murder trial to be tossed | CBC News

Court day - legal arguments
Crime scene reconstructionist, defence to ask that his evidence be excluded.

“....There's also a second legal argument scheduled that centres around whether or not Dellen Millard was free to leave when was interviewed by police on the night in 2012 when he says he found his father's body.”

“These arguments are the last anticipated steps before the Crown closes its case. Then, it will be up to Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, to divulge whether or not he will call defence witnesses...”
Defence pushes for key evidence at Millard murder trial to be tossed | CBC News
Are the arguments going to go on all day? At least this trial is pretty short not like the Bosma one that was 3 months long.

I’ve been trying to find the text DM sent MS after he left the police station. It read something like, “Just left police station … I gave them your name but not your address.” I’m thinking DM must have talked to MS earlier in the evening to keep him informed of their plot, and then texted him again to follow up. Otherwise, wouldn’t MS have questioned why DM was at the police station in the first place? “I gave them your name but not your address." So he did know Mark’s addresss even though he told the detectives he didn’t? moo

• The_Wayne_Millard_trial_Day_8
At 2:36 a.m on Nov. 30, Millard texts Smich and says "just left station, they took your name, but not your number Love you bro." He's also talking about Hagerman about his dog at this time. It appears Hagerman was taking care of him.
by Adam Carter June 12 at 4:30 PM
The Wayne Millard trial, Day 8

I can see Pillay making every effort to make his case, in these arguments. Not sure it will take all day, but he'll do whatever he can.

I am very curious if he's going to call any defense witnesses. I'm guessing no, since it doesn't seem like there is anyone at all in the last 10 years or so associated with DM that isn't sketchy and/or questionable themselves.

I can see Pillay making every effort to make his case, in these arguments. Not sure it will take all day, but he'll do whatever he can.

I am very curious if he's going to call any defense witnesses. I'm guessing no, since it doesn't seem like there is anyone at all in the last 10 years or so associated with DM that isn't sketchy and/or questionable themselves.

That didn't stop him from using some of them as character references in the last trial. I have stopped guessing DM's twisted logic two trials ago. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck