GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #5

CJPRINCESS

Reaction score
He is never getting out of prison, but if he is found guilty in this case he loses the inheritance. I want to see him lose the inheritance so he has no money to use even in prison. The other money he has from properties that were sold and he transferred to his mother I think the money is frozen.
There are two civil cases against him from the Babcock and Bosma families.
Right now I think the transfer he made of the properties to his mother is looked at as suspicious and probably will be investigated. I hope that the money becomes available to go to the families and DM is left with nothing. JUSTICE SERVED.

But technically he doesn’t have anything. He transferred/sold everything for $1 to his mother the first few days after his arrest. SS was selling off all the vehicles and seen one ad for a car but those all combined wouldn’t even put a dent in lawyers fees accumulated.

But then He had $1 million unfroze by order of the judge just before the LB case for lawyers. He didn’t want to pay fees and represented himself.
Not sure where this money was drawn from as DM claimed he was broke and could not afford a lawyer and applied for legal aide but was denied. I wonder if the money came out of the sales of properties his mom bought for $1 and sold?

Since it (transactions to mom) was done to hide assets for future civil cases against him, are there any court cases pending or would this be something being fought along side of the Bosma lawsuit?

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4 - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4 *GUILTY*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - a bit of a conspiracy theory there....
The thing I find interesting about Jane's Journal is that occasionally, the writer will misrepresent the evidence. For example, in their June 29 entry, the author writes: "The phone pings that they claimed were from a phone Dellen was using, pinged once at 1 a.m supposedly close to Dellen and Waynes home and again at 6.10 a.m in Oakville." (My brief synopsis of the Wayne Millard trial – Jane’s Journal)

However, that's exactly backwards. From the judgement: "One of Dellen Millard’s cellular telephones (647-501-7151) used a cell tower in Oakville at 1:02 a.m. on November 29, 2012 to make a call to a taxi company. The same telephone, at 6:10 to 6:11 a.m. on the 29th, used a cell tower close to 5 Maplegate Court to call a different taxi company." (CanLII - 2018 ONSC 5602 (CanLII))

And there are other examples of misrepresentation of the evidence. Of course, it's possible that the writer just doesn't understand the evidence, but I have to wonder if they're indulging in a bit of spin.

The thing I find interesting about Jane's Journal is that occasionally, the writer will misrepresent the evidence. For example, in their June 29 entry, the author writes: "The phone pings that they claimed were from a phone Dellen was using, pinged once at 1 a.m supposedly close to Dellen and Waynes home and again at 6.10 a.m in Oakville." (My brief synopsis of the Wayne Millard trial – Jane’s Journal)

However, that's exactly backwards. From the judgement: "One of Dellen Millard’s cellular telephones (647-501-7151) used a cell tower in Oakville at 1:02 a.m. on November 29, 2012 to make a call to a taxi company. The same telephone, at 6:10 to 6:11 a.m. on the 29th, used a cell tower close to 5 Maplegate Court to call a different taxi company." (CanLII - 2018 ONSC 5602 (CanLII))

And there are other examples of misrepresentation of the evidence. Of course, it's possible that the writer just doesn't understand the evidence, but I have to wonder if they're indulging in a bit of spin.

Of course it spin.

Either ‘Jane’ is someone close to Millard and his mother or one of those kooky jailhouse groupie types.

Of course it spin.

Either ‘Jane’ is someone close to Millard and his mother or one of those kooky jailhouse groupie types.

The writing style seems to me to be too stylistically factual/rational (not necessarily the content, but the presentation) to be someone directly involved. There's no emotional tone at all.

IMO it's possibly someone close to his mother. I haven't read it all, but there's a story about how WM became estranged from his brother-in-law RB 30 years ago, that only an older intimate acquaintance would know. I don't think it would ever occur to an outsider/younger person as being remotely relevant to invent such a story.

I do think a mother will stay loyal to her child no matter what, it's her biology, and it's unfair to attack any mother for doing that.

The writing style seems to me to be too stylistically factual/rational (not necessarily the content, but the presentation) to be someone directly involved. There's no emotional tone at all.

IMO it's possibly someone close to his mother. I haven't read it all, but there's a story about how WM became estranged from his brother-in-law RB 30 years ago, that only an older intimate acquaintance would know. I don't think it would ever occur to an outsider/younger person as being remotely relevant to invent such a story.

I do think a mother will stay loyal to her child no matter what, it's her biology, and it's unfair to attack any mother for doing that.

Strongly disagree on it being unfair with regards to this case.

Reactions: JDG
The mother was not only being loyal to DM she went way beyond that she likely committed illegal things like why not tell her son to call 911 right away about the father. She arrived on the scene and did not call 911 and was in with the dead father for quite some time before 911 was called.
There is something wrong with that. She accepted the properties from DM for $1 I don't think that is money laundering but it is definitely highly suspicious.
She knew a lot more and I don't believe she helped in the investigation of anyone of the murders.
It is one thing to be loyal and another to actively participate in the coverup of crimes.

The mother was not only being loyal to DM she went way beyond that she likely committed illegal things like why not tell her son to call 911 right away about the father. She arrived on the scene and did not call 911 and was in with the dead father for quite some time before 911 was called.
There is something wrong with that. She accepted the properties from DM for $1 I don't think that is money laundering but it is definitely highly suspicious.
She knew a lot more and I don't believe she helped in the investigation of anyone of the murders.
It is one thing to be loyal and another to actively participate in the coverup of crimes.

It's not actually appropriate to call 911 if a deceased person is discovered and has clearly been dead a long time, as WM was. It wasn't a medical emergency, EMS didn't make the slightest effort to save his life.

An emergency is any situation where people or property are at risk. (including but not limited to fires, crimes in progress or medical emergencies.)
Non-Emergency
If you require Police assistance, but are not in an emergency situation (e.g. Reporting thefts, vandalism, fraud) or for other situations where no person or property is in immediate danger, please call our non-emergency telephone number 416-808-2222.
Toronto Police Service :: To Serve and Protect

There was a similiar delay in calling police when Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead, 40 minutes passed. I think there's a period of shock and confusion after someone is found dead. Who to call? There may be a reluctance to call police, so eventually someone decides to call 911 even though an ambulance is not at all required..

It's not actually appropriate to call 911 if a deceased person is discovered and has clearly been dead a long time, as WM was. It wasn't a medical emergency, EMS didn't make the slightest effort to save his life.

There was a similiar delay in calling police when Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead, 40 minutes passed. I think there's a period of shock and confusion after someone is found dead. Who to call? There may be a reluctance to call police, so eventually someone decides to call 911 even though an ambulance is not at all required..

911 is for ambulance, police, or fire, or any combination.

IMO, there is an obligation to call 911 when a body has been found. Police need to attend, call in the coroner and find out why there is a body/as opposed to a person. Anything less could be construed as 'indignity to a human corpse' and they cannot be sent to a funeral home without a death certificate signed by a doctor.

911 would be getting a call from me if I found a body, I can assure you.

As I posted, if there is a crime in progress, a fire in progress or a medical issue in progress, it's an emergency. A 911 call will always result in an ambulance being sent, just in case.

If it's a police issue (but not a crime in progress) call the non-emergency number. This is to avoid waste of precious 911 resources on non-life or property threatening emergencies. Finding a many hours-old dead body is not an emergency. No one is in danger.

"If the person is obviously deceased, you can call your local police directly. However, if there is any doubt about whether the person can be resuscitated, call 911 and ask for an ambulance. Paramedics will contact police for you if the person cannot be resuscitated. "
RCMP in British Columbia - Reporting a Natural Death

IMO, there is an obligation to call 911 when a body has been found. Police need to attend, call in the coroner and find out why there is a body/as opposed to a person. Anything less could be construed as 'indignity to a human corpse' and they cannot be sent to a funeral home without a death certificate signed by a doctor.

911 would be getting a call from me if I found a body, I can assure you.

I am not so stupid as to suggest no one call police. However, you can contact police without calling 911. 911 is supposed to be for emergencies. There is a direct way to call police. Police recommend this number be kept by or be programmed into your phone.

Somewhat off topic but years ago my brother's wife died at home .... not completely unexpected (kidney failure). He was an emotional mess and called me to help him deal with everything, it took an hour for me to get there.

We were both young (in our 20's) , didn't know what to do , so I called the major daily newspaper to put in a death notice. They said they only accept obituaries from accredited funeral homes .... so I called a funeral home ..... who told me I must first call the police and an ambulance ..... last thing I expected .

But that is the procedure , police must attend in order to determine the death was not by crime , and the ambulance to transport the deceased to hospital where a doctor could proclaim cause of death and issue a death certificate , then have the funeral home pick up the body , then the obituary.

The last thing I would have considered was to call police or ambulance .... but makes sense after understanding how the system works.

Will the interview with his mom ever be released to the public if it wasn't used in court as evidence?

I have wondered the same thing , I would sure like to see it , even though my motives are more of a nosy gossip than requiring it for "evidence"

It would be nice to get a glimpse of her actions . She was involved in the periphery on this case and was subpoenaed to appear in court , but then not called to the stand.

Police will have the video but most likely it will require somebody (like a reporter) to officially request it and publish it. I hope MOB REPORTER is reading this .... he supplied the Dellen interview for us and I am grateful.

I am also hoping that more tid-bits of information come out now that the trial is over. The things that were part of the investigation but had to be withheld because of the other future trials

Probably enough for another book on this whole case. One that tell us things that were not on the news. Interviews with past Millard associates who may no longer try to defend or protect him , things like that.

I would qualify that statement by adding '911 is for emergencies'.

Who to Call in an Emergency
In an emergency, seconds count. When police, fire or medical emergencies occur, call 9‑1‑1. Trained emergency call takers will provide you with the information and assistance you need.
In an emergency call 9‑1‑1

Who to Call in an Emergency

Will the interview with his mom ever be released to the public if it wasn't used in court as evidence?
Also, often the 911 recording is released. I would be very interested to hear that as well.

It could simply be someone who is repeating a story she was told by someone in, or closer to, the family, or even fourth hand or further. That said, it could very well be wrong and a perception from one side. The other's perception of that particular situation could be vastly different. The veterinarian seemed to have a hate-on specifically geared toward DM, and this little side-note could have nothing at all to do with the vet's obvious animosity toward DM publicly displayed in the courtroom.

As I posted, if there is a crime in progress, a fire in progress or a medical issue in progress, it's an emergency. A 911 call will always result in an ambulance being sent, just in case.

If it's a police issue (but not a crime in progress) call the non-emergency number. This is to avoid waste of precious 911 resources on non-life or property threatening emergencies. Finding a many hours-old dead body is not an emergency. No one is in danger.

"If the person is obviously deceased, you can call your local police directly. However, if there is any doubt about whether the person can be resuscitated, call 911 and ask for an ambulance. Paramedics will contact police for you if the person cannot be resuscitated. "
RCMP in British Columbia - Reporting a Natural Death
Even though there is no real emergency in regard to reporting an hours-old death, many people wouldn't perhaps think about distinguishing that, since to them, it most likely *would* be 'an emergency', and I couldn't fault them for calling 911.

I'm not sure if DM had on his vast repertoire some training in paramedics, but to my mind, if someone found their loved one appearing to be already dead, one might hope like heck that there might still be a slim chance of revival - heck I've even read about deaths having been declared in a hospital by professionals, when the person comes back to life. Who is he to decide that it's too late for any possible help? (unless of course, he could see that he'd received a bullet into his eye which directly lodged into his brain - which he certainly did not report to be the case!). Instead, he not only doesn't touch the body at ALL (like to see if he's got a pulse perhaps? see if there is any breath? see if the body is warm or cold?), and also doesn't call 911 or ambulance or police, but he calls his long-divorced mother who lives what? Half an hour away?? And waits for her skilled determination to confirm death (wasn't she more like an interior decorator as opposed to a medical professional??) before having HER make the call. Just another tidbit for the circumstantial pile, which in itself perhaps means nothing, but when stacked with the rest, paints an ugly picture. imo.

In the Audrey Gleave murder case, the man who found her body and called 911 was ordered by the dispatcher to go to the body to do a few things as asked, to ensure death had already taken place... and that was likely 3 days after death.

The ambulance does not always attend each 911 call. This is according to my bff, who is an EMS provider and has driven an ambulance for 30 years. Perhaps there are regional variations on how 911 calls are handled, but in this part of Ontario, the caller is given the option of fire, police, or ambulance, or any combo.

But, I agree with all who remind us that 911 is for emergencies only. Whether or not finding a dead body is worthy of a 911 call is up for debate. According to the CanLII, DM's failure to call 911 was brought up as post-offense conduct which was used by the Crown as evidence of guilt.

The judge wrote:
[28] The Crown relies on four types of post-offence conduct in this case:
(1) the demeanour of Dellen Millard after finding his father’s body i.e., not touching the body and calling his mother rather than 911;

However, Judge Forestell did not consider his failure to call 911 as evidence of guilt. She wrote: [91]"I do not find that the reported demeanour of Dellen Millard after finding his father’s body has any probative value in determining if the Crown has proven the guilt of Dellen Millard."

CanLII - 2018 ONSC 5602 (CanLII)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back