Gun Control Debate #3

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Tricia, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Couple things

When people are saying limit or don't allow people with mental illnesses to own guns, what exactly is the definition of "mental illness." Anyone diagnosed with depression or anxiety? That would exclude a lot of people, including the majority of the teachers I know.

I was always taught you don't consider your gun for self defense unless you are willing to use it to kill. Several years ago, my at-the-time boyfriend inherited a bunch of firearms from his grandfather. Since neither of us had shot any firearms for a long time (not even sure he ever had), we kept the guns as far away from the ammo as possible in our little apartment. We didn't want to be tempted to whip it out in case of an intruder because we knew we weren't confident and would probably end up disarmed and shot with it.

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Here is Gun Control Debate New Thread #4.

Thank you Flourish for letting me know what posts you would like brought over to the new thread.

If anyone would like any posts brought over to thread #4 please alert on the post and let me know.

Thank you,
    Tricia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.