Gun Control Debate #5

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Tricia, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedivergirl

bluedivergirl Well-Known Member

Cars and MJ plants are not Constitutional rights!

2. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

That’s kinda’ funny because hunting (killing animals) I could never do but don’t fault or judge those that do. However, having a penchant for self-defense....oh yeah....all the way!

3. Blef

Blef Verified Criminologist

but they are infinitely less harmful

4. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is i have never had or felt the desire to kill anything at all. Never shot any animal, and get squeamish to even gut a fish when i have gone fishing, yuck!
    I have raised 4 children in my life, 3 boys & 2 girls, and given them good morals that killing is wrong. Even to the point they would not have my okay to join the military to lay their life down for any Govt. agenda. That death is our lot here in this life, no one escapes that. Two of mine died as young adults, and i am proud to have been blessed with such beautiful children. Killing is never okay in my eyes, and i don't feel it's my right to take anyone else's life. I am not a religious person, but read a good article a while back that stated "If Jesus hated war so much, why do people love it so much?"
    And from that i felt yeah, why do people love & glorify killing so much? Food for thought i think. All IMO.

6. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Lol, yeah it wasn't a good analogy

7. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Then why aren't fully automatics allowed?

8. Blef

Or bazookers? Or your own personal nuclear weapon?

9. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

True that. Nuclear weapons don't get up and push their own buttons.

10. bobcat

bobcat Member

Nothing wrong with feeling that way but if you're a meat eater then you're simply paying other people to do your killing for you, right?

And as for the war thing, and killing people, I don't think anyone loves it. The biggest reason that we seem to be in a never ending war is due to religious beliefs, and the fact that some people of the Muslim religion hate and want to kill anyone who isn't of the same religion.

To tie this back in with the gun control topic, the threat of being attacked here in the United States by terrorists is one of the main reasons I can think of why some people may want to have AR-15's and high capacity magazines.

The other reason would be some sort of natural disaster such as an earthquake, hurricane, tsunami, volcanic eruption, etc., in which power is out for weeks, or months, roads are impassible, no food, no water, etc. In this kind of situation there will be people trying to steal whatever you may have. Law enforcement won't be able to help and if the bad guys have AR-15's, I'd want to have one as well.

Just some of my thoughts on that since so often I hear people say "why would anyone NEED a rifle like that, or a high capacity magazine?"

11. bobcat

bobcat Member

Good question! I don't know the answer. I also don't understand why the minimum age to buy handguns is 21. Seems like both of these things would be against the Constitution.

12. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I'm not making any claims about myself. It's you who is claiming to be a law abiding gun owner. I was just establishing that you only obey the laws you agree with. Like most gun owners who claim to be law abiding gun owners, and then talk about what they will do if anybody tries to take their guns away.

13. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Because many court rulings have held that guns can be regulated. All constitutional rights have limitations. Everyone has the right of freedom of speech, but that doesn't include the right to slander someone. All rights have limitations. Gun owners need to deal with that fact.

14. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

To use your own analogy, to be killed by a terrorist is probably about the same as being killed by a natural disaster. And being killed by a gun wielded by an American is many, many times greater than a terrorist attack.

15. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

In reply to your first question, yes you're right. I don't like the taste of red meat, but understand if others do. I can substitute that with other things and still have a tasty meal.
    As far as glorifying killing, Hollywood does that and so do certain types of music. So does the gaming industry that make violent on screen games that simulate killing for people to play..
    I don't care if people own guns either, that is up to them, and lots of people around the globe do own them.
    A lot of the terrorism stuff is propaganda IMO to justify killing.
    I would be more concerned with biological warfare than anything else, and nuclear as well with high range capacity for massive & effective destruction. I also think a lot of stuff that comes out in MSM is generating and playing on people's fears. I think fear is a big factor in the equation, and maybe it is time to find out why we are so fearful and work on that? IMO our biggest fear is the fear of death, the unknown. If a person doesn't fear anything that person is peaceful inside. All IMO.

16. bobcat

bobcat Member

I don't expect anyone will ever try to take my guns, so I'm really not concerned. However, you realize no matter what law might get passed it won't override my Constitutional right to bear arms. It would be illegal for the government to take my guns. So unless they remove the 2nd Amendment entirely, I can lawfully keep my guns no matter what new laws they may pass.

17. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

But that is not true. They can prevent you from having some guns, so why do you think that they cannot prevent you from having others. No country has ever taken all guns. They have banned ownership of some guns.

18. bobcat

bobcat Member

Well, because of the type of guns I have. Mine are all for hunting. My feeling would be that if laws were passed that outlawed the kind of guns I have, then they've gone way too far, and definitely would be violating my 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

19. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

You have AR15s for hunting? And previously you said you had them in case of a terrorist attack or (God forbid) a natural disaster where it is dog eat dog.

20. Blef

If they amended the amendment they wouldn&#8217;t be. After all amendments can and have been amended. If I&#8217;m not mistaken, and my US history isn&#8217;t great but the 2nd amendment was written in when the US were terrified that the King of England may try to attack. The army in the US was vastly understaffed and under equipt and they needed the civilians in the US to back up the army for numbers and weapons. Now you have a huge armed forces with all the weapons they need, then the general public have no real physical need to keep the Queen of England from your doors, that&#8217;s what the armed forces are for. Damn if any country tried to attack the US they would be nuked into oblivion before you could get to a gun safe!

Times change. Laws written two hundred and odd years ago may be outdated and thank goodness or there would still be slavery in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.