Gun Control Debate #6

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Tricia, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killer Chaser

killer Chaser Member

They need to ban gangs and start locking them up just for just being in one and keep career criminals in jail.

2. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

They do have conceal carry insurance if you choose to get it. In general your home owners insurance covers if you're at home but more people are carrying outside the home. It pays legal fees if needed in case you have to kill in self defense and also if the family tries to sue you. It's not very expensive and probably a good thing to have if you're carrying outside the home.

3. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Sooooo ... headlines screaming about 500+ wounded and murdered with a knife or bat? Or dozens of students wounded and murdered during a mass-batting event at a local high school?

Sure would be a lot easier for law enforcement officers to stop a bad guy with a bat than a bad guy with a gun, imho!

Should all officers be armed with bats?

4. BayouBelle_LA

Thank goodness for the NRA and protection of gun rights.

5. EuTuCroquet?

Annnnnnnd, if a gun owner’s insured firearms are stolen, it’ll be a system in which to track/trace/return them to the owner. Kinda like peeps do with serial numbers when insuring expensive electronics, etc.

Great idea, Woodland. ❤️

6. human

human Well-Known Member

Has anyone you know ever used it? I wonder how it really works. I find it hard to believe that an insurance policy would pay maybe $1,000,000 for a criminal defense, I wonder if they only pay if you are found innocent. Insurance companies do not give money away

7. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

Maybe we could make a new slogan. You need good laws to stop a bad guy with a gun.

8. Blef

Blef Verified Criminologist

Thank goodness they aren’t funded by the gun industry meaning they don’t have a vested interest in gun sales. Oh wait....

9. BayouBelle_LA

I don't know anyone that has ever used it. I know that on basic policies they won't pay upfront. They only pay if you're found not guilty. If you don't have enough money to cover legal fees upfront, there are policies you can buy that will, but they cost a lot. Even if you're not guilty, the family can still sue you in civil court. The insurance covers that as well.

10. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

Mass batting event (snickering)
    Yes you have a chance of outrunning a bat attack. Not so much a bullet. IMO

11. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

I love the insurance idea but for the record it's not my original idea - I'm just promoting it as I think it's brilliant.

I'm pretty sure I first saw poster KaaBoom (spelling?) post this idea - thread #1 or #2.

12. human

human Well-Known Member

That is what I figured, So if you do not have money, you are out of luck.

13. Woodland

Could you quote a post on the suggestion of banning all guns please? Do not recall seeing anything like that.

14. EuTuCroquet?

Correct. A kid with a gun is like using a crane to crush a fly. Frustrated at a girl he dated who dumped him? Whatever the reason he believed he needed it — how did this kid get his mitts on a gun?

And we, as a society, should do more (including passing laws) to prevent them from accessing them — however the shooters access them — to being with.

IMO

Pistol-fired bullets travel around 1,200-2,500 feet per second (1,700 mph) instead of up to 3,000-5,000 feet per second like AR-15-style rifles do.

But honestly, I believe we can and should do more to prevent gun violence to begin with. It’s ridiculous that we haven’t done more before it got to this point. Or after, for that matter. [emoji43][emoji46]

Moo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rate_of_fire

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...can_you_shoot_a_handgun_in_seven_minutes.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15_style_rifle

https://www.quora.com/How-fast-can-a-1911-pistol-shoot-and-what-makes-the-pistol-shoot-that-fast

https://www.google.com/search?q=191...j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

15. EuTuCroquet?

We have registration systems for everything from automobiles to voting.

We’ll get used to it, imo.

16. EuTuCroquet?

[emoji115][emoji115][emoji115] Yup.

The above post is why it’s so obvious we should be uniformly and consistently registering each one already. [emoji6]

17. Woodland

It's interesting to watch an American proudly make this choice, and proudly share their choice, while watching/reading/hearing about innocent people die on a daily basis all around them from gunshot wounds in the US. I don't understand the thinking, but it's interesting to me anyway.

18. EuTuCroquet?

(There isn’t one, iirc) [emoji6] Full bans of all guns is not possible in the US, imo.

It’s kinda funny to me when people who tout the Heller SCOTUS decision also imply there’s some sort of sweeping conspiracy to just forcefully scoop up millions of legally owned firearms.

We have Heller. I wish more folks would actually read it and/or quit pretending they haven’t.

IMO MOO ETC

19. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

What about a pressure cooker?

20. EuTuCroquet?

Some insurance companies are dropping the type of insurance you’re talking about, including for the NRA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2018/02/23/481494.htm

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/florida-shootings-may-complicate-insurance-for-gun-owners.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.