Gun Control Debate #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some research I find myself wondering whether it's an organisation or a cult?
Give more what, exactly, do you mean?
The articals is about them receiving more donations, so of course it would be more money.

Sure, but there is a way to do that without calling him an ill mannered opportunist and a possible shill.
Keep in mind he is 17 and isn't going to be a polished speaker and that is a good thing.IMO
One poster said he made a choice, and I suppose that is true,but I think given a real choice he would rather be your average teen without all that he and others are shouldering.
I can't even imagine the stress levels they must be dealing with for speaking out.
and the advertisers agree with you.. Nestle pulled out as well... that is rare..
Also the propaganda describing the students as being members of hitler's youth and other such nefarious connections, all untrue goes a tad further than...and enters the realm of abuse.

David Hogg is bright, his dad is a former FBI agent and he supports his son.
Davil will survive and he will do well.
The abusers will all fail and show their true colours.

I never gave my opinion on the NRA raising funds. I posted a link that shows for or against the NRA there is an increase in thier donations.

They should enjoy it while they can.The reign of the NRA might end sooner than they think.IMO

What I don't understand is why people people believe that taking away the second admendment will cure our gun problem. It is not the legal gun owners doing the murders and reeking havoc on entire communities. Gun reform can be done without doing away with our 2nd admendment rights. The reform needed is ways of getting illegal guns and those that are illegally using them taken off the streets. Ones stealing legal guns need a far harsher sentence than someone stealing a tv from a home. Many, many ways to help get rid of our gun problem while at the same time allowing our 2nd admendment right to protect ourselves from the illegal guns.

This is the post I was referencing. This person should never have been allowed to purchase a weapon. The FBI and the local police knew he was a problem ~ and they turned a blind eye.

The laws are there, but they are not enforced. They should be. Every single time.

This is the post I was referencing. This person should never have been allowed to purchase a weapon. The FBI and the local police knew he was a problem ~ and they turned a blind eye.

The laws are there, but they are not enforced. They should be. Every single time.
I agree.

They should enjoy it while they can.The reign of the NRA might end sooner than they think.IMO

I feel that people like David Hogg are helping the NRA by causing people to believe that more gun control is eminent. They are donating money to the NRA.

NRA saw spike in donations following Parkland shooting

The National Rifle Association (NRA) benefitted from a spike in donations following the deadly shooting last month at a Parkland, Fla., high school.

Federal Election Commission filings showed the organization’s Political Victory Fund garnered slightly less than $248,000 in donations in January. In February, that figure more than tripled to $779,062.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/380737-nra-saw-spike-in-donations-following-parkland-shooting

I feel that people like David Hogg are helping the NRA by causing people to believe that more gun control is eminent. They are donating money to the NRA.

NRA saw spike in donations following Parkland shooting

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/380737-nra-saw-spike-in-donations-following-parkland-shooting

I linked an article a few pages back that the NRA had made more solicitations since the shooting and IMO this was based on fear mongering from the NRA.
Speaking for myself....I wouldn't want any donations I might make to any org used to buy lawmakers. IMO

What I don't understand is why people people believe that taking away the second admendment will cure our gun problem. It is not the legal gun owners doing the murders and reeking havoc on entire communities. Gun reform can be done without doing away with our 2nd admendment rights. The reform needed is ways of getting illegal guns and those that are illegally using them taken off the streets. Ones stealing legal guns need a far harsher sentence than someone stealing a tv from a home. Many, many ways to help get rid of our gun problem while at the same time allowing our 2nd admendment right to protect ourselves from the illegal guns.

Dear lord, who in this whole debate has said they want to take your right to bear arms away? People are suggesting sensible gun control over and over again. Yet some are too blinded by rhetoric to understand the difference between control and prohibition.

This is the first time I’ve ever commented here, but I just am so shocked by this. I’m Australian, and the idea of having an under 8’s section on the nra website, or marketing a gun to a 6 year old makes me sick to my stomach. Is it just me, or does that sound so messed up to anyone else? Regardless of whether you believe adults should have unregulated access to guns, surely we can agree that 8 year olds shouldn’t?

It’s refreshing to read a relatively civil discussion about gun control. Most of the other times I’ve seen it discussed has been from a source which leans left or right, and the discussion has gone accordingly, with anyone else with a different opinion getting slammed.

I linked an article a few pages back that the NRA had made more solicitations since the shooting and IMO this was based on fear mongering from the NRA.
Speaking for myself....I wouldn't want any donations I might make to any org used to buy lawmakers. IMO
The point that I'm making is that people like David Hogg are creating the fear that is driving the donations to the NRA.

You said that the reign of the NRA may end sooner than they think. I have a feeling that the increase in donations to the NRA will continue to rise in concert with the increase in the call for more gun control. JMO

seriously. You believe it is the legal gun owners that are doing armed robberies, drive by shooting, gang wars and such.

I believe SOME legal gun holders aren’t securing their guns so that even toddlers can get their hands on them and shoot themselves or others; I believe that they aren’t securing their guns and teenagers are taking them into schools; I believe that they are shooting family members because they mistake them for intruders; I believe that they are using guns to murder family members or the partner that jilted them; I believe that they are involved in petty arguments and draw their gun and shoot to try and assert their authority. I believe SOME legal gun owners shouldn’t own guns

Dear lord, who in this whole debate has said they want to take your right to bear arms away? People are suggesting sensible gun control over and over again. Yet some are too blinded by rhetoric to understand the difference between control and prohibition.
BBM
Justice Stevens for one.

John Paul Stevens:
Repeal the Second Amendment

That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.html

The point that I'm making is that people like David Hogg are creating the fear that is driving the donations to the NRA.

You said that the reign of the NRA may end sooner than they think. I have a feeling that the increase in donations to the NRA will continue to rise in concert with the increase in the call for more gun control. JMO

i don’t think the NRA need David Hogg’s help. They thrive on fearmongering. They live for it

Have you read nothing from the NRA comments? They are ramping up the fear that ANY kind of control on guns means a total removal of ALL guns.
And the reason is simple. More guns sold and more money in their pockets from memberships and donations.
A small sample from my link post# 386

“Today’s protests aren’t spontaneous,” the NRA wrote on Facebook, referring to the hundreds of thousands of demonstrators demanding gun reforms. “Gun-hating billionaires and Hollywood elites are manipulating and exploiting children as part of their plan to DESTROY the Second Amendment and strip us of our right to defend ourselves and our loved ones.”

i don’t think the NRA need David Hogg’s help. They thrive on fearmongering. They live for it
I think that he helps them gain donations. I know that isn't his intent but the outcome is was it is.

I don't think that these protest's will cause the NRA to disappear. I think it will strengthen them. JMO

Have you read nothing from the NRA comments? They are ramping up the fear that ANY kind of control on guns means a total removal of ALL guns.
And the reason is simple. More guns sold and more money in their pockets from memberships and donations.

I feel that David Hogg is helping with the fear and therefore the increase in NRA donations is not surprising. JMO

There are many, many posts about doing away with the 2nd admendment on this thread. People excited because retired Justice Steven's believes it should be done away with. I am talking sensible gun control. Take the illegal guns and the people illegally using them off the streets. That's sensible gun contrl to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member