Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An LE person I know seems to be pretty sure that there is more forensic evidence waiting to be analyzed. Apparently there is still several weeks backlog at the lab it was sent to. I'm assuming this means trace evidence from bits of clothing and other debris. If so, I'm thinking it will be June before a grand jury gets it.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so good to know! Also, once the reports are back, it may take a little bit of time to put those added duck-in-a-row. No doubt in my mind everyone whats this case solved & we DRATS we have to wait a little bit longer, but I bet it is coming :jail:

I saw Billie's birthday is May 4th. When is the vigil?

Hope for Hailey · 4,492 like this
about an hour ago ·

Hi to our hope for Hailey family,I wanted to personally take a minute to let you hear from me,Hailey's mom,what's happening & to thank you all for your continued support & prayers. We are in the process of planning a memorial,we have many ideas we're putting into place,however there still isn't a date set,I talked to LE today,Hailey will be released to me,but it might not be real soon as they are being meticulous collecting any evidence. I'm grateful they are keeping me updated & doing everything to ensure they miss nothing. I want her home,but am definitely not going to rush them. These people have devoted countless hours & their hearts & I trust they are doing everything necessary to get what they need & to get her home. As soon as we decide on a date for Hailey's memorial we will post it here for all of you. Again thank you all so much for your prayers,your kindness,& your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey/posts/645405635476998

:bump: Thanks Knox.

Thanks to those who reassured the "delay" is not a worry in and of itself. Just with rumours about plea bargains, I expected something within hours!

I would love Shawn to get the DP but would be happy enough with them taking dp off if he implicates those that were involved which I believe he will do.

Meanwhile, Hailey Dunn’s mother still hasn’t been questioned by law enforcement since her daughter’s remains were found nearly seven weeks ago.

Is this because they have nothing to ask her or because she wouldn't agree to be questioned?

Somewhere or other I read that BD would cooperate with LE fully after the funeral and that left me wondering if it meant that now she wasn't cooperating.

Edit:

Young says the family has learned no new details about the investigation beyond the identification. He did say the family will fully cooperate with authorities on the investigation after Hailey is laid to rest.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=44157

That could be a long time if they haven't released her remains for burial yet.

JMO and I understand that grieving people may be fragile but still I kind of expect them to fully cooperate with LE at any given time since they are the people who are trying to find out who killed their daughter.

Surely LE has questions for Billie? Does she know the locale, does anyone she knows know it, etc.?

No wonder she seems to be dragging her feet a bit on the memorial service plans. Last I heard they were going to be in early June sometime. Why so long from now?

No wonder she seems to be dragging her feet a bit on the memorial service plans. Last I heard they were going to be in early June sometime. Why so long from now?

Do you think it's normal that LE has not asked to speak with her, outside of the death notification? We've not seen or heard from Clint, guess we don't know if they have spoken to him either (except to notify also).

Still not sure about other threads. Not sure where the topical thread is so if someone could post this update there as well, that would be great.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/fbi-other-...be/-/14769632/19988400/-/145jl9a/-/index.html

From link provided above:

"On two occasions, Adkins reportedly walked out of the polygraph examinations he volunteered for. He failed the first phase of his third exam and, during the second phase, indicated Hailey Dunn could be found in Scurry County but refused to complete the exam when more specific questions about her location were asked."

BBM

SA "indicated" he knew Hailey could be found in Scurry County. It doesn't say he "told" investigators that information.

I don't know how many of you have taking a polygraph test, but in my younger days, I had to take a couple as a prerequisite for employment, and another one when money was stolen where I worked a summer job. Polygraphs measure and record physiological indices such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and skin conductivity while a person is usually asked and answers a series of "yes" or "no" questions.

After reading the above quoted paragraph, IMO, I believe SA may not have verbally "told" investigators that Hailey could be found in Scurry County. SA was asked many questions by the polygraph examiner. Among those questions, and interspersed with others, I'm sure he was asked, "Do you know where Hailey is?" "Do you think Hailey could be somewhere in Mitchell County? "Do you believe she could be in in Big Spring or Howard County?" "Is it possible Hailey is in Scurry County?" Even if SA said, "I don't know," when he was asked that last question, there must have been an automatic and significant physiological response. That led the polygraph examiner to try to ask SA more questions about the possibility of Hailey being in Scurry County. When pressed with further questions, SA got upset and left. In essence, SA didn't vocally tell the polygraph examiner Hailey was in Scurry County, but his body's response to the question "indicated" he thought she was there.

Obviously, polygraphs are not allowed as court evidence. They are an investigative tool, and they have limitations, but there was something in SA's polygraph that hit a nerve when it came to Scurry County.

Attachments

• Polygraph_Test.jpg
    Polygraph_Test.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 13
Waiting for BD to cooperate with LE only after Hailey is laid to rest may take some time, but it allows BD opportunity to talk off the record in social media, etc. JMO

Didn't I read a link that they weren't quite finished with the lab yet? I might be getting my cases mixed up though. :hearno:

Didn't I read a link that they weren't quite finished with the lab yet? I might be getting my cases mixed up though. :hearno:

According to BD, yes.
She says it could take a while before Hailey's remains are released and that law enforcement is still meticulously collecting evidence as they try to piece together what may have happened to Hailey.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/2213...ng-planned-for-colorado-city-teen-hailey-dunn

LE has no comment:

“Nothing today,” said Katherine Gilkinson Chaumont, spokeswoman for the FBI in Dallas, when asked for an update and when the ex-middle school cheerleader’s remains will be released to her family.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/fbi-other-...be/-/14769632/19988400/-/145jl9a/-/index.html

Waiting for BD to cooperate with LE only after Hailey is laid to rest may take some time, but it allows BD opportunity to talk off the record in social media, etc. JMO

Going forward, Young says Billie will cooperate with law enforcement in any way that she can.
http://www.newswest9.com/story/2209...ken-grief-stricken-after-fridays-announcement
Seems either the media is editing Young's words, or he is saying different things in other interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave