Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was absolutely gorgeous. It would have been so nice to see that video included in the memorial service. Thank you for posting it.

The video wasn't made by anyone connected to those doing the memorial today.

Its beautiful though for sure.

This is the first missing child case I have followed. is it normal (from what you might know of other cases) for the parents to not thank the person who found the remains

This is the first missing child case I have followed. is it normal (from what you might know of other cases) for the parents to not thank the person who found the remains

Well there was a one line thank you on the HFH to thank him though that may not been Billie. I doubt that its very normal at all. I do know that there are many of us who are so very grateful for him finding Hailey and have told him so. He really is a lovely man.

I have to say though that hes been accused of some awful things simply because he found Hailey.

I am glad people stayed away if it meant that there was less drama, they had Hailey's memory being honoured as their priority and no one should deduct from their absence anything different. I hope an arrest is made before her burial. No one responsible should be anywhere near those ceremonies.

I am glad people stayed away if it meant that there was less drama, they had Hailey's memory being honoured as their priority and no one should deduct from their absence anything different. I hope an arrest is made before her burial. No one responsible should be anywhere near those ceremonies.

Well the ones causing the drama were still there.

As for no drama there was one thing I personally found pretty interesting :)

Thank You for the links to the Memorial Service ...

:( I just watched it and it was very :(

Rest In Peace, Hailey

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose::rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Thanks for sharing the links. I cried like a baby. Poor sweet Hailey. My heart broke for her big brother.

RIP dear Hailey You are protected by God now and in his loving arms:angel:

200 people sounds like quite a large gathering.

I can totally understand why some stayed away, but all of us were there in spirit.

This should never have been about local arguments or people trying to get attention on FB. That certainly didn't help find Hailey, and it doesn't help solve her case now. JMOO :cow:

It's been my experience that when a missing child is found alive the family might publicly acknowledge the person, but with remains it's a different story, and for a very simple reason - talking about the remains of a dead child is a difficult subject to discuss with strangers. So I can't remember any cases where people did that, unless it was many years later.

200 people sounds like quite a large gathering.

I can totally understand why some stayed away, but all of us were there in spirit.

This should never have been about local arguments or people trying to get attention on FB. That certainly didn't help find Hailey, and it doesn't help solve her case now. JMOO :cow:

It's been my experience that when a missing child is found alive the family might publicly acknowledge the person, but with remains it's a different story, and for a very simple reason - talking about the remains of a dead child is a difficult subject to discuss with strangers. So I can't remember any cases where people did that, unless it was many years later.

It doesn't cost anything to say thank you for bringing Hailey home. Many of us who have never met Hailey managed to do it easily enough. Not just that he was accused of things by Billies supporters and it was even said on HFH page why should he even expect a thank you basically. It was disgusting.

Snipped:

This bears repeating.

Snipped:

This bears repeating.

For the most part I never did think people off of facebook or from the local area would try and cause trouble. In my opinion they wasn't the ones instigating the tension towards the memorial.

I thought Hailey's memorial service was lovely and gave closure to her friends and teachers from Colorado City. I could feel the love her friends and teachers have for Hailey!

I thought Hailey's memorial service was lovely and gave closure to her friends and teachers from Colorado City. I could feel the love her friends and teachers have for Hailey!

I thought it was pretty short. I agree with your about her friends and teachers it was obvious they thought a lot of Hailey. I just wish some of her family had actually spoke there yesterday and made it more personal instead of leaving it to the teachers and friends to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire