TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

You would wonder what evidence they have today that they didn't have back when her remains were found, wouldn't you?
Unless someone turned.
The PI hired by Hailey's Dad wrote a fantastic article about that. In 2020...The evidence has always been there and it hasn't changed.

But people retired and switched jobs, so all the people who had been refusing to charge the killer all this time are now out of the way. And finally it has moved forward.

Apparently, Shaun had close family being protected by some LE and some in DA's office. And so even though there was valid evidence, no one would prosecute him.

An apology letter to the parents of Shawn Adkins’ next victim

Within days of Hailey Dunn’s disappearance, the police said they knew who was responsible: the live-in boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Shawn Casey Adkins. Statistically, he was guilty – the mother’s boyfriend is always the prime suspect. In this case, he met the criteria and then some: he was the last person to see Hailey, he suspiciously quit his job the day she disappeared, and he lied to the police about all of it.

So affidavits for search warrants were issued: for the mother’s vehicle and cell phone, for Adkins’ cell phone, for every digital media device known to exist in his world, and to search his Mom’s house and that of his Grandmother.

Evidence was discovered in every single corner of those searches. 100,000+ images of child *advertiser censored*, we were told. Bestiality. Pics of mom having sex with animals. Homemade videos of Shawn Adkins wearing a mask, holding a hunting knife, scaring the *advertiser censored* out of everyone he could.

And then, there were the cell phone pings.

Shawn Adkins’ phone pinged near the very location where Hailey Dunn’s scattered remains were located two-and-a-half years later.

I Feel like this P.I needs special rules . I mean, are we allowed to talk about the P.I fully or no? I am still in shock but seeing "the P.I" quotes is making it super shocking.

i think it’s fine. People talk about and quote Tim Miller all the time; and the DeOrr Kunz case also has a very vocal PI attached to it who is quoted constantly in his thread.

If it’s in the media, it’s fair game.

i think it’s fine. People talk about and quote Tim Miller all the time; and the DeOrr Kunz case also has a very vocal PI attached to it who is quoted constantly in his thread.

If it’s in the media, it’s fair game.
Yeah ,I would love to say all these examples are the same but Clint and His P.I are domestic partners or were for a hot minute. Maybe it is over now. I dunno but

The PI hired by Hailey's Dad wrote a fantastic article about that. In 2020...The evidence has always been there and it hasn't changed.

But people retired and switched jobs, so all the people who had been refusing to charge the killer all this time are now out of the way. And finally it has moved forward.

Apparently, Shaun had close family being protected by some LE and some in DA's office. And so even though there was valid evidence, no one would prosecute him.

An apology letter to the parents of Shawn Adkins’ next victim

Within days of Hailey Dunn’s disappearance, the police said they knew who was responsible: the live-in boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Shawn Casey Adkins. Statistically, he was guilty – the mother’s boyfriend is always the prime suspect. In this case, he met the criteria and then some: he was the last person to see Hailey, he suspiciously quit his job the day she disappeared, and he lied to the police about all of it.

So affidavits for search warrants were issued: for the mother’s vehicle and cell phone, for Adkins’ cell phone, for every digital media device known to exist in his world, and to search his Mom’s house and that of his Grandmother.

Evidence was discovered in every single corner of those searches. 100,000+ images of child *advertiser censored*, we were told. Bestiality. Pics of mom having sex with animals. Homemade videos of Shawn Adkins wearing a mask, holding a hunting knife, scaring the **** out of everyone he could.

And then, there were the cell phone pings.

Shawn Adkins’ phone pinged near the very location where Hailey Dunn’s scattered remains were located two-and-a-half years later.
Just awful, all of it.

Yeah ,I would love to say all these examples are the same but Clint and His P.I are domestic partners or were for a hot minute. Maybe it is over now. I dunno but

I feel like the responsibility then transfers to the news unit doing the reporting, to have fact checked the PI statements before printing it inasmuch as possible, no?

Very interesting.
How do you know this , if I may ask ?
Just curious as there has to be a reason it took so long for an arrest.
Also it seems important as pertaining to Hailey's death and the investigation.
It would appear that there should have been enough evidence much earlier.
But who knows ?

I feel like the responsibility then transfers to the news unit doing the reporting, to have fact checked the PI statements before printing it inasmuch as possible, no?
bbm
Agreed.

IMO.

Last edited:
Awesome news that he is finally arrested. I guess my main question would be why now? What has changed? New evidence? Someone has talked? Very eager to find out. Moo
Yes, very good questions.
And.... I can't open any link with this "apology letter." Could someone post the whole letter, then add a link??

Early Monday evening, Adkins had been released to another agency, according to the Howard County Jail website. On Tuesday morning, he was housed at the Mitchell County Jail.
Shawn Adkins arrested, jailed in connection with Hailey Dunn murder

We will not be doing a release of information on the arrest of Shawn Adkins. To clear up any mis information, Adkins was arrested today in Big Spring and booked into the Howard County Jail by the Texas Rangers, on a warrant for murder. The warrant was issued out of the 32nd Judicial District Attorney's office. Any release of information relating to the details of the charge will come from the 32nd Judicial Attorney's office located in Nolan County.

Wait a minute, hold the phone!

"Adkins was booked into the Howard County jail and released on a $2 million bond Monday, jail records show."

Released???

Suspect Arrested in Death of Missing West Texas Teen Hailey Dunn

I think "released" here means "moved" -- he's now at the Mitchell Co. jai, IIRC:

Adkins was moved from the Howard County jail to the Mitchell County jail on Tuesday, June 15, 2021.

Person of interest arrested, charged with Hailey Dunn’s murder in 2010

IMO Haileys mothers "awesome" ex boyfriend finally opened his mouth to someone, possibly in the commission of another crime, they came forward to LE. I don't see after this many years they could have found more evidence other than him confessing to someone.
Awesome news that he is finally arrested. I guess my main question would be why now? What has changed? New evidence? Someone has talked? Very eager to find out. Moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back