Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #4 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Hailey Dunn' started by momtective, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Almost four months since the arrest of Shawn Adkins. What happened to the irate reporter who was pursing the AA?

misgrn, windrower, cocomod and 13 others like this.

2. TobyWong*

TobyWong* Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous! Is shawn really still in jail? I cant believe how much we arent seeing here!

3. ~greeneyedgirl~

~greeneyedgirl~ Active Member

What is the hold up, I hope things are happening that we don’t know about. I don’t want to see him let go due to a technicality.

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Vinelink -
    SHAWN CASEY ADKINS
    Custody Record
    Age36
    GenderMale
    RaceWhite
    TX: Mitchell County Sheriff's Office
    ID Number5197***
    Custody StatusIn Custody
    Custody DetailMitchell County Detention Center

misgrn, windrower, sindydee and 7 others like this.
  5. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

Thanks Knox! At least we know he is still in custody!

windrower and Knox like this.
  6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

7. TobyWong*

Whats next for shawn as far as court dates? He cant just sit in jail indefinitely without due process. I mean im fine if he rots there but i dont want him getting out on a technicality. Ive never seen something like this w a murder suspect and no news or court updates.

misgrn, sindydee, nyvictoria and 8 others like this.
  8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I have no idea, just going with what was said by the PI who I assume knows what's going on. I thought a GJ indictment wasn't necessary to move forward. But what do I know I'm in California. I personally have only seen a GJ empaneled for local government misdeeds. Here, the DA files charges and a criminal indictment is gained after a preliminary (probable cause) hearing is held.

I understand in Texas a Grand Jury can issue a True Bill, No Bill, or Dismissal.
    • In the case of a True Bill, a (normally) felony indictment is issued and an arraignment is set.
    • In the case of a No Bill, the prosecution has the option to go back to the investigation phase and then impanel a new grand jury and try again.
    • In the case of a dismissal, rather than a No Bill, then they can't be presented again.
    Maybe an attorney or some other poster can clarify how all this works in Texas, I may not be stating this stuff correctly.

Reposting what I said upthread.
    @TobyWong* I have to assume he has already had a hearing. The 90 day clock ran out September 14th, so just not being disclosed. WHY?!!!

9. deoneta

deoneta Well-Known Member

Probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if this "silence" is because SA is talking, and the investigation is going forward with a possible additional arrest.

Dontknow?, CarolAnn, nannymo and 5 others like this.
  10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2021
    misgrn, TobyWong*, windrower and 9 others like this.
  11. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Poor Hailey. Justice is long overdue.

12. TobyWong*

Crazy that article just ends at shawns arrest in June!! And nothing but crickets since...you'd think his lawyer would want some forward movement for his client or have it thrown out if they have nothing. I can only hope theres a reason for the silence. Poor Hailey is right.

13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

The case was one of two featured Wednesday on a program called “Still a Mystery” on Investigation Discovery, a popular cable network devoted to true crime stories.

The show featured interviews with family and friends, including Hailey’s father Clint, as well as former Midland-based reporter Jennifer Kastner, and Erica Morse, who took up the case as a private investigator.

Hailey Dunn case featured on popular true crime network | Yourbasin

My news story post above was shortened to the degree the story link is not correct.

Did anyone have a chance to watch it on InvestigationDiscovery.com ?

14. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Who Killed Hailey Dunn
    This evening, Hailey's case was featured on an episode of 'Still a Mystery' on Investigation Discovery.

This project was filmed last year, and included Hailey's friends, her father, our team, and even former law enforcement.

It is our understanding there was no update provided at the end of the show about the current status of the case. On June 14, 2021, Shawn Casey Adkins was arrested and charged with felony murder in the death of Hailey Dunn.

Her father is appreciative of all who worked on this project, and asks that you continue to pray that the accused will soon have his day in court, and justice for Hailey may finally be served. No trial date has been announced.

#justiceforhailey2019 #JusticeForHailey2020 #justiceforhailey2021