Haleigh Cummings general discussion

I wondered if anyone else thinks he's trying to use this case. The letter to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is what made me think he must be referring to Haleigh's case. (I think he is most likely lying, too. He has nothing to lose, if you think about it.)

I still think they should hear him out. He said if his info didn't lead to anything that the agreement would be void...hear him out.

If he's contacting missing children....I say hear him out....and bring another child justice.

Jmo

Poor Hayleigh. I sincerely hope she is found and her killer(s) brought to justice.

:bump:

#JusticeForHayleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think they should hear him out. He said if his info didn't lead to anything that the agreement would be void...hear him out.

If he's contacting missing children....I say hear him out....and bring another child justice.

Jmo

Hopefully they will question Smith about the Haleigh case after the Periwinkle case is settled.

Here is her poster from NCMEC http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1115793/1

In one week, it will be 6 years. I wish I could imagine a scenario in which she could still be alive. I hope somehow she is.

I really wish Haleigh was alive too, but LE said in 2010 that it was a homicide investigation. They believe she is dead. :(
Unfortunately, I agree with them. I also don't think that person has info on Haleigh's case (Cherish thread).

LE should be talking to Ron, Misty and Tommy. (Probably Joe O, as well)

I just wish justice for Haleigh would come one way or another. This case will haunt me until I die.

Where are you HaLeigh?? I think about her a lot......I pray that this case is solved. I know its doubtful but wouldnt it be wonderful if she was alive??

Jmo

Absolutely. Like he said, if it doesnt bring a conviction, then no deal. What could be the harm in that???

Sad to say, but I wonder how she would be at age eleven after six additional years of 'care' by those two......

He does get around. Update from Vinelink.

Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Florida VINE program.

The inmate for whom you registered, HANK CROSLIN with offender number V35906, has been transferred from the Apalachee West Unit to the custody of Apalachee East Unit as of 2/6/2015. Your registration has also been transferred. You will continue to receive updates about this offender.

Hope was transferred also (1/27)

1/27/2015

Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Florida VINE program.

The inmate for whom you registered, HOPE SYKES with offender number 155265, has been transferred from the Lowell Ci-Womens Unt to the custody of Lowell Annex as of 1/26/2015. Your registration has also been transferred. You will continue to receive updates about this offender.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=10000

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the anniversary date for Haleigh's disappearance. Who would have thought that this case would not be solved by now? I've got to say that this case has been the most frustrating case I've ever followed. I have followed every single bit of this case since she was reported missing. As some of you know, I've been very vocal about my strong beliefs concerning this case and there has been nothing to change my mind in all these years.

It makes my very angry every time I think about the responsible party getting by scott free for the 'DEATH' of this very innocent little girl.

I have always felt that Ronald Cummings drugged these children to "babysit" them so that he could just lock the door and go to work. I do think that Teresa Neves was suppose to show up and babysit but instead called around to find Misty. I do believe that Hope was also there. I do believe that Misty was located and sent over to care for the children but Haleigh was found dead or dying from an overdose given by Ronald Cummings. Teresa was IMO called by Hope and informed that something was very wrong with Haleigh, so she called her mother to get her to go over and check it out. Ronald's grandmother Sykes came over with a "nurse" to check out the situation and found Haleigh dead or dying.

After numerous calls from Ronald to Misty he convinced her to go over to his house. Cover-up mode was starting in full force. Ronald also called Tommy and Tim and they were co-erced into the cleanup of the mobile home so that LE could be called on 911 call. Sykes IMO, handed over the body of Haleigh to a relative to lay to rest in an area that only a few know the location.

Ronald and family talked Misty into covering up for his actions and the coverup actions in return he would marry her.

Tommy and Timmy cleaned up the dope and guns in the home and threw some evidence into the river.

All the rest is made up lies and coverup.

Ronald put the rat into Tommy's mailbox because he thinks he is a real "bad-*advertiser censored*" and most likely threatened him and his family if he told what he knew.

Lies covered up lies and the snowball just continued to roll downhill.

I'm just very pisssssssssed that LE was either too dumb to solve this case or Ronald knew too much on them that they did not want to solve it.

Family marks 6 years since Haleigh disappeared
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/pag...+years+since+Haleigh+disappeared &id=26457901
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Hancel Woods said that although the years have crept by, the organization is still very much on the case.

“It’s safe to say that we consider this to be an active case,” Woods said. “There are people working on leads as we speak. “
Law enforcement agencies have conducted numerous searches and interviews, but Haleigh has still not been found. 
But Woods said that it’s not for want of leads. The sheriff’s office routinely receives tips and leads about Haleigh’s disappearance, and the agency thoroughly follows up on each credible lead.

“We might get three or four (leads) one week, and none the next week,” Woods said. “The fact that it is such a high profile case, it’s something that people are interested in.”
“The Sheriff’s Office will tenaciously continue this investigation until such time as the truth concerning the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings is uncovered and justice is finally served,” Hardy said.

You have not been forgotten Haleigh~ Sure wish we could find you.

Everything I say here is a personal theory and not a fact. I do not know if it is true. Sorry if this sounds a bit muddled.

It just hit me. You lie for someone when your child is missing. You marry them. You do that if they have a hold over you. You do that if they could expose you. (Marry me or I will tell.) Misty has to know something, but it is about Ron. However, she was a child. He also has a hold over her. I have never got why he got away with being involved with her underage even if he did later marry her. I never understood why, as an ADULT with a minor the drug charges for him were not more serious. Why has he never been charged for consorting with a minor? Wasn't there more than one minor? (You tell and something bad will happen to those you love.)

I personally think Ron confused Misty to such an extent that she believes she is to blame for the whole thing, (Children blame themselves for abuse,) but is confused because Ron was the real culprit. That might explain the lie detectors. It might also explain a resistance to hypnosis.

Ron is frightened of Misty and those love letters are not love letters at all. It is Misty's way of letting Ron and Theresa know that she still has the hold. OR it is saying "please do not tell on me about what you did. I am still keeping your secret." Only she thinks if she explains that hold to anyone then she will be the one to blame and put others in danger. (Haleigh is dead, but what if there was a threat to other kids?)

I may be wrong and it is just a theory, but I am just thinking of the way a person who sexually abuses a child convinces them they can never tell. They hold that information for years? Now who else was involved in that scenario, if you get the drift? What age were they and who were they? How young did he go?

What grown man would sit in a car and allow an underage child to carry our a drug deal no matter how "old" or in charge they seem?

What if Misty believes her family, who she does love, are going to be harmed if she talks? Misty is not an adult in her thinking. People stop at the age they experience abuse and Misty was abused by others. Emotionally, we cannot expect her to reason like an adult unless she has had a ton of therapy.
What if she thinks something will happen to others if she tells what she knows?

I don't care where Ron was but I suspect he is the one who should be in the frame.

I don't think in or out of jail we will get anything out of Misty unless the court orders some therapy for abuse and she matures to an age where she can become an adult.

I do think the law in Florida is what threw Misty under the bus jail wise but would like to know if there are any others who have similar charges and what happened to them. In many ways Misty going to Juvenile detention and getting some help might have ultimately helped Hailey. She is too old now for that. The trouble is that if she gets out and there was no therapy her fear and her level of thinking may not have evolved.

Misty getting a reduced sentence now, or not, is not going to help unless she is helped in other ways. She will continue to spin stories out of fear. Jail may help her if it also gives her access to the right courses and some therapy. I do not think she killed Haleigh. I think she knows too much and is convinced telling puts others in danger. (Too easy to tell a child that even if I am not around others will do the job for me.)

Which means I do not think Haleigh is alive. I do not now think she is trafficked. I do think if the investigators stopped assuming the players thought like adults they might get further along. Is it worth looking at her stories as a child trying to tell an adult something and adults not picking up on the clues?

I don't know if they have done it, but maybe if LE looked again at the mental age of the people involved? Ron on the 999 call. Kids would have that kind or reaction. NOT an adult. They might crack it if they took it as all the players think like children and not as they do?

Also, has anyone ever tested to see if Misty herself could have pushed back the bolts on the back door of the trailer? I would have thought there would have been a way of testing that.

I think part of the problem with the case is that people are looking at people who may have very child like thinking as if they are thinking like adults.

On the other hand, would children not leave a trail of clues? That would lead back to the stranger and chair in the woods theory.

Perhaps each idea needs to be revisited and examined again step by step. It may be something throws up.

I co-sign this entire post.

This is new info to me. I didn't know naynay was living there. Do u know if this guy was living there at the time of Haleighs "disappearance" sometimes I actually feel bad for ron, that he really might have been at work the whole night. And he really did come home to his daughter gone. Am I crazy? I've held on to the belief that something happened after school between ron & misty that led to Haliegh getting caught or neglected and fatally injured. But really there were so many people around. I've seen in my own life this type of environment and how little the children are cared for.
I can't believe we don't know yet! Damn it misty! Tell us! She's the common denominator here.
no, you're not crazy. I've considered every possible scenario including RC not being involved. But, even if he wasn't involved, Haleigh was his child and it was his responsibility to make sure she had a decent babysitter etc. I think, (because LE has released so little real information), that we've all made this more complicated than it really is. I mean, LE has to have evidence that we don't know about. They know what questions were asked on the LDTs and they know who failed what questions. No way did this bunch not leave a trail of clues...phone records, (LE said there was a problem with the records, but for such a tight lipped group, IDK....), the dumpster search, (although played down), the chair in the woods, (played down also), Jr's account, (almost forgotten at times), LE saying they had reason to believe Misty was gone that night, the neighbors had to have heard or seen 'something', the trail leading to the water, the report of a child's footprint and then the confusion over Haleigh's shoes, the arrests of the different people and their hefty sentences, And LE was quick to jump on the Joe did it story...not necessarily because they believed Tommy's story imo, but I think something he told them fit some kind of evidence they had, so it looks like that whole fiasco might be close to what really happened. Hope is the one that confuses me. Was she close enough to Misty to keep a secret from RC, or was she closer to RC? something about her connection to this case bothers me. She seems to be the thread that links the Cummings and Croslins, so it's hard to dismiss involvement from either side. moo

no, you're not crazy. I've considered every possible scenario including RC not being involved. But, even if he wasn't involved, Haleigh was his child and it was his responsibility to make sure she had a decent babysitter etc. I think, (because LE has released so little real information), that we've all made this more complicated than it really is. I mean, LE has to have evidence that we don't know about. They know what questions were asked on the LDTs and they know who failed what questions. No way did this bunch not leave a trail of clues...phone records, (LE said there was a problem with the records, but for such a tight lipped group, IDK....), the dumpster search, (although played down), the chair in the woods, (played down also), Jr's account, (almost forgotten at times), LE saying they had reason to believe Misty was gone that night, the neighbors had to have heard or seen 'something', the trail leading to the water, the report of a child's footprint and then the confusion over Haleigh's shoes, the arrests of the different people and their hefty sentences, And LE was quick to jump on the Joe did it story...not necessarily because they believed Tommy's story imo, but I think something he told them fit some kind of evidence they had, so it looks like that whole fiasco might be close to what really happened. Hope is the one that confuses me. Was she close enough to Misty to keep a secret from RC, or was she closer to RC? something about her connection to this case bothers me. She seems to be the thread that links the Cummings and Croslins, so it's hard to dismiss involvement from either side. moo

I go back and forth in this case all the time. BUT I do feel like if any one of those sitting in prison, knew who was really responsible, there is NO way they wouldn't tell what happened, if it meant they could get out with time served. Why wouldn't they?

I don't believe Misty was home that night. I believe Jr. heard and saw what he said he did. I think Haleigh did die from drugs, whether she got into them or whether she was given them. Im just not sure who was responsible and it drives me crazy. A small part of me thinks perhaps she was abducted, or perhaps sold for a drug debt....poor little girl. She needs to be put to rest, we need to know what happened to her.

Where is Haleigh, Misty?
Where is Haleigh, Ron?
Where is Haleigh, Tommy?
Where is Haleigh, Timmy?
Where is Haleigh, Joe?
Where is Haleigh, Lindsay?
Where is Haleigh, Chelsea?
Where is Haleigh, Theresa?
Where is Haleigh, Annette?

Where is she???

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but has it ever been revealed just why LE had MC at the site when they were dragging the river/lake?

Hey Lone! It's been so long...lol... the laws in FL had just changed in an effort to cut down on the drug activity, specifically the trafficking of narcotics... when the law changed, it was change from basically nothing to 25 years mandatory minimum ... sadly that is what she got bust doing was trafficking drugs... so there you have it. and the police knew it would carry a larger sentence if it happened after she was 18, I think that is why they waited to nail them.

I don't think its right.... she should have gone to juvi and possibly been rehabilitated at that age, but LE KNEW she KNEW more than she was telling. it makes sense, but that doesn't make it right. JMO

I don't see Donald Smith as being involved in Haleigh's disappearance. From what I've read, all of his known crimes took place in Jacksonville and he seems to have been one who took advantage of opportunities as they arose. There doesn't seem to have been much advanced planning with him.

I have believed from the first time I saw the drama Ron displayed in front of the camera, that he was involved in her disappearance in some way. From what I've seen of his reported behavior, he is a manipulator, a drug dealer, an abuser, and a user. Do I believe his momma and grandmother would cover for him? In a NY minute I do. What's the most sad is that had the guilty party or parties confessed, they likely wouldn't have gotten or more jail time that what they're already serving, possibly even less, and that sweet innocent child could have been laid to rest with the dignity she deserved.

I don't believe that it was right that Misty was held responsible for Ron's drug dealing. He was behind the deals, she only did what she was told to do. I'm not saying she shouldn't have been held accountable for her actions, but I don't feel that a flunky should be punished more than the leader.

I lived just outside Crescent City and worked in Palatka for two years. There is a lot of poverty, mental illness, and drug abuse in that area. Yes, there are many happy, normal, hardworking people there too. We lived in a nice enough house in a decent area but it was the one area we would never return to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back