Haleigh Cummings general discussion

She would not qualify for a transplant because of her drug history. Fund raising is to support her and family MOO

She would not qualify for a transplant because of her drug history. Fund raising is to support her and family MOO

Are you sure? I used to be a medical transcriptionist, and I transcribed a couple of transplant reports of patients with lifelong histories of drugs/alcohol. Maybe they were getting new organs from family members though. That detail wasn't in the reports I did.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/2015/07/28/you-never-give-up/30802871/

PALATKA, Fla. -- It was 2009, six years ago, but Haleigh Cummings is not forgotten. Not by the community she disappeared from, not by the investigators who searched for her.

"I can tell you personally I haven't forgotten," said Capt. Dominic Piscitello with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "I can tell you the people that work for me haven't forgotten."

Piscitello was lead investigator in the Cummings case, and he still reviews the case every day.

-----------------------------------

So it looks as though the little guy now missing in Florida who is a cousin of Haleigh, may not be involved in a carjacking/abduction case. LI does not believe this, nor do they believe one word from the mother's bf. They wholeheartedly believe that the bf is involved in the child being missing. The mother and bio father are not suspected at all. How strange is this that this is a second cousin to Haleigh? What are the chances that two kids from the same family should have this happen? Last I read a while ago, they have reached out to the Cummings family, but they have not responded. Thoughts anyone????

What are the chances this would happen to two kids from the same family? Well, when you have a family that is largely composed of and/or associated with people who are criminals & reckless drug addicts, I'd say the chances of it happening to two kids in the same family goes up considerably.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/2015/07/28/you-never-give-up/30802871/

PALATKA, Fla. -- It was 2009, six years ago, but Haleigh Cummings is not forgotten. Not by the community she disappeared from, not by the investigators who searched for her.

"I can tell you personally I haven't forgotten," said Capt. Dominic Piscitello with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "I can tell you the people that work for me haven't forgotten."

Piscitello was lead investigator in the Cummings case, and he still reviews the case every day.

-----------------------------------

In the video the reporter quotes Piscatello as saying 'If the caretakers of both of these children (Haleigh and Lonzie) would tell the truth about what happened to these kids, both cases would be solved'...(paraphrasing)

In regards to the poster who asked what are the odds of this happening to 2 kids in the same family. I live in this area. There are several small rural towns in this area. It is the norm to start having babies right out of high school, if not sooner. The belief that you must have a man in your life no matter what runs rampant too. There is also a huge drug culture around here too. The welfare of their kids come second to drinking, drugs and having a good time. It's a disaster waiting to happen for those poor kids.

I always hoped this thread would be revived by Haleigh being found or someone talking and telling LE what happened. No where in my thoughts did I ever think it would be because another child had the same fatal experience at the hands of the babysitter! UGH!

Personally, I'm :fence: While I think there is a good chance that Misty could have done it, I don't think it was cold-blooded murder. I think it was accidental. She was in a drug-induced haze after a weekend of partying, after all. I think Haleigh may have gotten into some of her Oxycontin and ingested it, and she called her brother to help dispose of the body. I think Haleigh was dumped in a nearby swamp.

Then, I think she either told Ron that Joe Overstreet came over about the gun, or confessed about the Oxycontin. The only reason, I think, he didn't tell was because he didn't want to get busted for drug charges. He did, but I think he didn't want the extra time for covering up the truth, either.

MOO, of course.

Thinking of Haleigh always.

Personally, I'm :fence: While I think there is a good chance that Misty could have done it, I don't think it was cold-blooded murder. I think it was accidental. She was in a drug-induced haze after a weekend of partying, after all. I think Haleigh may have gotten into some of her Oxycontin and ingested it, and she called her brother to help dispose of the body. I think Haleigh was dumped in a nearby swamp.

Then, I think she either told Ron that Joe Overstreet came over about the gun, or confessed about the Oxycontin. The only reason, I think, he didn't tell was because he didn't want to get busted for drug charges. He did, but I think he didn't want the extra time for covering up the truth, either.

MOO, of course.

Thinking of Haleigh always.

I agree partially with this....I think its a good possibility that Haleigh ingested (or was given) drugs and died. Remember the individual in the nurses uniform that dropped the letter off at the station laying out what had happened to Haleigh? The letter stated that the child had ingested drugs and died and was dumped in the water. If she was put in that water, there would not be any remains left due to the alligators. I believe the person who wrote that letter had knowledge of what happened....and so far, its the only plausible story that has surfaced. Its been so long now but there was mail back and forth between Nay Nay and someone else about a letter being written....

All this would explain the lack of blood or any other evidence in the house....it would explain someone carrying Haleigh out (Jr.'s statement of what he saw) the door, it would explain the scream heard from the trailer late that night (Misty screaming when she realizes Haleigh is dead).

It would explain why, if in fact they did, searchers found a cement block in the water with a rope, the same as found in or around the trailer....and why Misty was brought to the river....where she told some other crazy story implicating someone else. The poor child may have been transferred to the water in the van (the one that Tommys wife said had been driven that night), where she was tied with the rope to the cement block and weighted down, where alligators took care of the rest.

I still believe Jr. has the most truthful witness statement....the couch bouncing up and down? Someone trying to revive poor Haleigh, to no avail...and someone with squeaky shoes there who was trying to revive her or who helped to dispose of her. Didn't he say he saw someone carry Haleigh? Put his statement together with all the things that we know and I think it paints a very good possible scenario of what happened.

If the party occurred somewhere other than MC and RC trailer, it would explain why when Tommy supposedly knocked on the door, no one answered. ..it would explain RC saying he couldn't get ahold of Misty.....it would explain Ron's weird comments about alligators and bodies.

It would explain why it seems that RCs mom was there a little too quickly....she knew what happened too. That is something that I was never willing to believe before, but I believe it now.

It MIGHT explain why NO ONE is talking...they all had some part in covering this unfortunate event up. Even Ron. Perhaps he told Misty to give the kids drugs to make them sleep...they were HIS drugs....perhaps. Ron stayed at work and later when he found out what happened he jumped into cover up mode as well.

It might explain why Timmy C and family took off right away. They knew what happened...and wanted to distance themselves as far away as possible-it worked, they are hardly mentioned now days. Same thing with Joe O. He took off too.....he knows and was present...perhaps the cousin of Ron's -the female behind bars on the drug charges along with the rest (I cant remember her name..Crystal?) was at the party too, and LE knows that....

But it still does not make sense to me WHY no one will talk...ok, they all had a hand in the cover up...but if they did NOT give the drugs to the child or have knowledge ahead of time the drugs were given, SURELY they could cut a deal and be released now, with time served while the others stay behind bars...This is the one thing that bothers me about this theory..someone there has got to be less culpable than the others ...and this person has to want OUT....why wont they SAY???. It brings me back again to...some ARE being held that do not know anything.....and the ones who DO know wont talk because they are highly culpable....and others who are highly culpable have taken off long ago and are far away.

Just thinking out loud and trying to keep this thread alive for Haleigh.

..bouncing off my post above on the theory....

Wasn't there a pair of shorts or shirt that Misty claimed Haleigh was wearing when she disappeared? Didn't they find that clothing item later? Meaning that Haleigh was not still wearing them and that Misty had lied?

What if before they disposed of the body in the water (I hate writing this stuff), they undressed Haleigh because they didn't want to risk the chance of her clothes surfacing after the alligators got to her? What if they weren't sure the alligators would also eat the clothing and didn't want the clothing found in the water, tipping off police that that is where she was? So they undressed her....Misty would not be smart enough to forsee the police finding the item when they questioned her...she may have forgotten that they undressed Haleigh..or maybe she didn't know that Haleigh was undressed...maybe someone undressed her at the last minute, without MC's knowledge, right before they put her in the river....MC would remember what Haleigh was wearing so would tell police, without knowing, or remembering that Haleigh was undressed before going in the water....

Hmmmm.....

Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Florida VINE program.

The inmate for whom you registered, HANK CROSLIN with offender number V35906, has been transferred from the Franklin C.I. to the custody of PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL as of 12/30/2015. Your registration has also been transferred. You will continue to receive updates about this offender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back