Haleigh Cummings general discussion

I'm not clear on his work hours. If he worked the graveyard or 3rd shift as I refer to it then 3am is too early to be off. Common 3rd shift hours in my area are 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am. This case has went on for 10+ years so my memory is a bit foggy and I can't recall if she contacted him to come home early, that is an assumption on my part. I assume she did because she said she woke up and she was gone but that is more than likely a lie. IMO she never went to bed.

I agree, Ronald's statement was odd! I don't know what he meant.

I just listened to the entire 911 call. I don't hear a guttural scream...he sounds pissed off and hangs up on the dispatcher twice! All Ronald does is rant in the background and yells at Misty "How the you let my daughter get stole *advertiser censored*?" and gives out no useful information to help.

I’m watching the show now. They had Misty do a walk through of the house and the shirt she described Haleigh wearing (a pink Hannah Montana shirt) to bed the night she went missing was located in a pile of dirty laundry as they were filming the walk through. She was still adamant that that’s the shirt Haleigh was wearing that night.

Misty said the blanket from her bed was left on the ramp leading from the house, from the door that had been held open with the cinder block.

The cinderblock that held the back door open came from the side of their house, but Ronald said he didn’t know where it came from.

The marks on the truck look like “YKA.”

I'm not clear on his work hours. If he worked the graveyard or 3rd shift as I refer to it then 3am is too early to be off. Common 3rd shift hours in my area are 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am. This case has went on for 10+ years so my memory is a bit foggy and I can't recall if she contacted him to come home early, that is an assumption on my part. I assume she did because she said she woke up and she was gone but that is more than likely a lie. IMO she never went to bed.

I agree, Ronald's statement was odd! I don't know what he meant.

IIRC, Ronald’s work hours have been one of the enduring mysteries of this case.

Hi, I’m only just reading about this case for the first time, I’m in the UK. Where would you guys suggest me starting in terms of what to watch etc? I read on the daily mail, there’s a documentary regarding this case? I’d love to find out more about it.

Hi, I’m only just reading about this case for the first time, I’m in the UK. Where would you guys suggest me starting in terms of what to watch etc? I read on the daily mail, there’s a documentary regarding this case? I’d love to find out more about it.
Here are some of the basic details of Haleigh's case on the Charley Project.
Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings – The Charley Project

I just listened to the entire 911 call. I don't hear a guttural scream...he sounds pissed off and hangs up on the dispatcher twice! All Ronald does is rant in the background and yells at Misty "How the **** you let my daughter get stole *advertiser censored*?" and gives out no useful information to help.

With time & distance the 911 call didn’t strike me as it originally did when it happened.

This go around, listening to it and watching him... I felt he was acting.

Was 3AM not his normal time to come home from work? She called him to come home?

I didn't like the statement he gave that was printed on the screen at the end.....basically he's mad he was arrested for drugs because it guarantees he will not "talk" for 15 years.....so does he mean he actually has info. to give but just won't say it?
Why would he not be able to talk? If he talked about Haleigh to add any new information I am sure the authorities would want to hear and he could be moved or put in isolation for his own safety.

I’m watching the show now. They had Misty do a walk through of the house and the shirt she described Haleigh wearing (a pink Hannah Montana shirt) to bed the night she went missing was located in a pile of dirty laundry as they were filming the walk through. She was still adamant that that’s the shirt Haleigh was wearing that night.

Misty said the blanket from her bed was left on the ramp leading from the house, from the door that had been held open with the cinder block.

The cinderblock that held the back door open came from the side of their house, but Ronald said he didn’t know where it came from.

The marks on the truck look like “YKA.”
Were the shirt and blanket ever tested got DNA?

The above link is Geraldo springing a surprise interview on Ronald and he is high as a kite. I think he is involved in Haleigh's disappearance and used Misty as his scapegoat. His actions and words have never sat right with me. And if I am wrong about his involvement I will gladly admit it. I also agree with a lot of the comments with the video. His words at the end of the clip are especially disturbing "I'm always going to believe that my daughter is alive until they find her." Find her what? Dead??

The above link is Geraldo springing a surprise interview on Ronald and he is high as a kite. I think he is involved in Haleigh's disappearance and used Misty as his scapegoat. His actions and words have never sat right with me. And if I am wrong about his involvement I will gladly admit it. I also agree with a lot of the comments with the video. His words at the end of the clip are especially disturbing "I'm always going to believe that my daughter is alive until they find her." Find her what? Dead??
You will find my opinion many, many times on Haleigh's threads and my theory of what I think happened. I totally believe that Ron is the reason that Haleigh is no longer alive. Misty is a scapegoat. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your view. I've followed this case since she was reported missing and have read everything I could find and listened to numerous interviews and podcasts. Always hoping to see that this case has been solved.

Hi everyone. I have always been interested in this case but I’m intimidated by the huge cast of characters. I just listened to the 2 part TCG podcast on Haleigh and I felt that a lot of secondary characters (granny H?) were left out. Can anyone point me to a thread that explains who everyone is? Thanks.
The very best way you can get to review and read everything is to start at thread #1 on Websleuths and start there. There is a ton of information and yes, you need to slowly wade into it and savor it, there's a large cast of characters. I'm interested in what your theory is after you have finished. Don't get lost in there. lol

I'm not considering myself an expert on this case but I have been following this case since the very first day and have obsessively followed every single blog, post, youtube, every single bit of information available so maybe I'm a sorta, coulda, shoulda type of knowledgeable person on this case.
Ron was witnessed at the plant by security with kids in the car during his shift. OK, don't ask me to show you anything, it's been a long time and maybe even not on this site. I can tell you my theory here. Ron did not have a babysitter that night in question. He and Misty had had a falling out the week before. She was partying with White Boy Greg. Ron was totally pissed and that night he did not have a babysitter. He called dozens of times trying to find her. Called his mother just as much. I as in IMO, after reading, researching and hearing every single bit of information I can, have decided that Ron desperately tried to contact Misty and his mother to go over and babysit the children after he dosed them and locked them into his home. (He repeatedly told Nancy Grace and Law Enforcement that he personally dead bolted the doors before he left for work.) His mother admitted that she tried to contact Misty that night. His mother was within five minutes from the mobile home that night ready with a photo of Haleigh after 911 was called. IMO, his cousin Hope was called in to go over to check on the kids after Misty could not be contacted. IMO, Ron's grandmother and Aunt was called to come over to check on Haleigh after Hope arrive because she had died. Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother came over with Elisa (a nurse), Hope's mother, and came out with a large laundry basket according to Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother, who raised him. Later that night Ron contacted Misty's brother by phone and asked him to go over to check on the mobile home.
Ron's mother finally got in touch with Misty to go over and check on kids. Misty went over to the mobile home, she was seen by neighbors on phone and crying early in the morning before the 911 call. Ron's mother and grandmother had come up with a plan for Misty to agree to say that she was the babysitter that night and that someone took Haleigh in return, Ron would marry her.

Misty's brother was contacted IMO to go over and help clean up the house of pot ( grown in Jr.'s room) and that is what he and his brother and Joe cleaned up. Immediately following this event, 100 pot plants were found beside a pond nearby. Misty's brother's van was found to be damaged and dirty. The access to the pond was just a path and would have been very dirty and brush would have definitely damaged the van.
Shorty after Haleigh was missing, Ron threatened Misty's brother by putting a rat in his mailbox. That, IMO was a threat for him to keep his mouth shut.
There is so much more I could share but this is a tad of it.
Just to bump part of my theory after hundreds of hours on this case. There is much more.

I learned there was a smear of blood on Haleigh's mattress, strange markings on the dirt on the side of Ronald's white truck parked in the back yard, more insight into what the inside and outside of the home looked like, where the cinder block originally came from.
I would like to know more about the communication between Ronald and Misty that night and Ronald's movements. What time did she contact him to come home? What time did he leave work? Are his movements on camera anywhere? Was a cadaver dog used? One theory I have is Haleigh od'd and Ronald disposed of her so he wouldn't get in trouble and lose Jr. also. Ronald came up with a story to make it look like an abduction but Misty couldn't keep the story consistent.
Ron worked in the "back 40" of the construction area. "Back 40" means, in construction talk that you are out at the very back of the plant all by yourself, no cameras, no nothing. No one would know if you were there or not. He could have easily walked back to the parking lot and left without any cameras showing it. All he would have to do is park at the very end out of the sight of guards and cameras. It was Ron who was calling Misty hundred of times that night and could not get up with her, they had fought earlier and had even broken up the week before. He needed a babysitter. Hope, Ron's cousin was most likely called to go over and check on the kids since Misty could not be found. Ron's mother did not live nearby but he called her as well. Ron's grandmother and his aunt (a nurse) came over. Left with a large laundry basket. Ron's mother got up with Misty and got her to go over to the home.
IMO, and it's a very strong opinion. Haleigh died from an overdose given by Ron, Grandmother and aunt took her body away. (FYI, aunt, later took her life by overdose). Plan was put into place to protect Ron, Ron's mother got up with Misty and had her come over, Ron called Misty's brothers to come over to clean up the grow farm he had in a bedroom, that's how the van was damaged. Misty was told what to say to 911.
Misty didn't call Ron to come home. She was standing in the door calling him when he pulled into the driveway. There is so much more to this story that was not allowed to be discussed on WS.

I was a die hard fan of Nancy Grace until this case. She immediately made Ron look like a poor, grieving father, gave him a go free card from the git go and jumped on the very "convenient" scapegoat. She should have done her homework. Ron's criminal arrest record was over seven pages long but since his grandfather was law enforcement, he just seemed to wriggle right out of everything. JMO.
After Ron asked Misty to marry him, Joe became the "convenient suspect". People tried to claim that he wanted a gun that Ron showed him. Isn't it amazing that it was a member of Ron's family who dropped the gun off at the Sheriff's department?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back