Haleigh Cummings general discussion

My apologies, I remember all that now. It has been so long ago. Misty was set up. She didn’t know which way was up or down.
My understanding is Grandma Sykes delivered clothes to the home that she had at HER home, because Misty had been MIA for several days. Ronald was a terrible parent, but I don't think he hands on had anything to do with Haliegh's death/disappearence. I believe Misty either gave her drugs, or Haleigh ingested them on her own. I think Ronald knew she was dead, very soon after, but believed he would be responsible for Haleigh's murder/accident and just went with "I was at work". IMO he only married Misty to dodge a statutory rape charge. He knew she was dead, but probably not the truth of how she died,MOO

So does anybody know who has Jr. now?
And can anyone remind me why Misty received a much harsher sentence than Ron? (Not complaining)
I've always thought that the sentence for Misty was absurd. Ron has an arrest record dozens of pages long. Misty had no other offenses. Ron's grandfather was a law enforcement officer and that entire family know people, IYKWIM. Misty became the scapegoat. It is obvious while watching all the interviews done early in the case that she had no idea what to say about anything and always looked toward Ron for an answer.
This is the very first case that I followed while recuperating from back surgery. It consumed so much of my time. I spent many nights until daylight, searching for answers. LE, IMO, totally dropped the ball on this case and probably decided that if Misty got the blame and received a longer sentence then people would feel that she was serving time for Haleigh. JMO

So who took Haleigh’s body? Grandma? God, I gotta go back and reread the whole thread!
I don't think Gma Sykes had anything to do with it, except being Ron's enabler. However Haleigh's death occured, my opinion is Misty's brother Timmy helped remove the body. He was the "responsible" brother, and his wife Chelsea was all over media talking about how their van was moved and pointing fingers at Cousin Joe. Timmy and Chelsea moved away very soon after. Don't forget Chelsea's Haleigh angel tattoo on her foot, before LEO declared it a death. ETA: according to Katrina Belcher's obit, she was a CNA, not a nurse.

Last edited:
Wow, so many players coming back to me. It was hard to keep track of Misty’s family then. Weren’t there also Tennessee ties?

I don't think Gma Sykes had anything to do with it, except being Ron's enabler. However Haleigh's death occured, my opinion is Misty's brother Timmy helped remove the body. He was the "responsible" brother, and his wife Chelsea was all over media talking about how their van was moved and pointing fingers at Cousin Joe. Timmy and Chelsea moved away very soon after. Don't forget Chelsea's Haleigh angel tattoo on her foot, before LEO declared it a death. ETA: according to Katrina Belcher's obit, she was a CNA, not a nurse.

Am I correct in remembering when Ron was arrested he got the 15 yr plea deal bc they were satisfied with his answers about Haleigh? All these years later they still say Misty is the key.

Apologies for a stupid question…but can inmates write to each other? Just curious if all the ones in prison have kept in touch especially Ron & Misty

Haleigh deserves be here celebrating her 19th bday. She’s not because a bunch of coward/criminals won’t tell what happened to this sweet child. It’s been too long but I hope some day one of them will tell what happened to her.

You are not forgotten sweet Haleigh. I pray that someday someone(s) will pay for what they did to you

In case anyone needs a Who's Who refresher.
Thanks!
Anyway to get this refreshed? Who’s dead? Who’s in jail? Etc.? I know it’s a lot to ask.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back