Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

After reading what Baldwin actually did in the context of the plea offer, I don't think that his defense attorney's spin on it has any legs. And I think their ongoing attempts to PR back into a plea is an indication that AB's people think he is in big trouble with this trial.

As for Lewis, I would wager he left because he felt higher obligations to a certain client, and wanted to spend the time necessary to keep that client happy. He has a living to make. Some clients are really important to that reality. Working for the state isn't the ultimate prize, and if the state didn't like that and didn't want to share his time, it's time to part ways. So they did. I think it's as simple as it sounds, because that's how life works for an attorney.
I have no idea if it is true that AB "pressured" anyone to participate in a documentary to honor Halyna. I have no idea what "evidence" was presented to the Grand Jury. The Court will have to sort it out.

JMO

Have y’all seen the social media of AB being harassed at a coffee shop in NY? I don’t want to post it because it’s so aggravating but I felt remiss in not bringing it up here. I didn’t think it was possible for me to feel sympathetic to AB at this point in time but this so-called “activist” has made that possible. He looks wrecked! It can’t be easy for him right now with this trial hanging over his head.

I agree with @SteveS AB has to be worried about the outcome of his trial. What a huge gamble to take this to trial! His defense attys have demonstrated an incomprehensible level of incompetence here. I was reading Vince Bugliosi’s OJ book recently and there’s a part where he says most defense attys are “professional undertakers” in that they bury their clients. It sure seems to fit here. JMO of course

ETA: For a second I thought Morrissey was being replaced. Phew! As long as she stays and the judge stays this trial will be on fire!

Alec Baldwin Alleges a ‘Stunning Abuse of Prosecutorial Power' in ‘Rust' Case​

Last October, prosecutors offered him a misdemeanor plea that would carry no jail time. But prosecutor Kari Morrissey said in a recent filing that she rescinded that offer after learning that Baldwin had "commissioned his own documentary" about Hutchins' death, and was pressuring witnesses in the case to participate.

Concerned that Baldwin's conduct would cause ongoing harm the victims and their families, she withdraw the offer and decided to seek a felony indictment.

Baldwin's lawyers are now seeking to have the indictment thrown out, alleging violations of court orders and other defects in the grand jury process.

"He has no title or credit in either documentary," they wrote. "He's not a producer and has no control, of any kind, over either documentary. In both documentaries, Baldwin is only a subject, along with other members of the cast and crew."

Baldwin's defense filed a 23-page response on Tuesday, asserting that the state has engaged in a "mountain of misconduct," and that Morrissey is "using the justice system to ‘humble' an ‘arrogant' celebrity that she dislikes."

Last edited:

Last October, prosecutors offered him a misdemeanor plea that would carry no jail time. But prosecutor Kari Morrissey said in a recent filing that she rescinded that offer after learning that Baldwin had "commissioned his own documentary" about Hutchins' death, and was pressuring witnesses in the case to participate.

Concerned that Baldwin's conduct would cause ongoing harm the victims and their families, she withdraw the offer and decided to seek a felony indictment.

Baldwin's lawyers are now seeking to have the indictment thrown out, alleging violations of court orders and other defects in the grand jury process.

"He has no title or credit in either documentary," they wrote. "He's not a producer and has no control, of any kind, over either documentary. In both documentaries, Baldwin is only a subject, along with other members of the cast and crew."

Baldwin's defense filed a 23-page response on Tuesday, asserting that the state has engaged in a "mountain of misconduct," and that Morrissey is "using the justice system to ‘humble' an ‘arrogant' celebrity that she dislikes."

The prosecutor has changed her story already. She originally claimed she revoked the plea deal because she allegedly heard that AB was going to leak a story about it to the news media. Now she is saying she revoked it because of something, something about a documentary.

Morrissey said in her original response that the documentary was the last straw. She was actually still willing to offer the plea after they publicized the confidential discussions. But they kept escalating.

In any case, when a prosecutor has you in their crosshairs, I don’t see the value in being antagonistic. They have all the power. It’s just a fact of life. The bar for dismissing a case for prosecutorial misconduct is extremely high. I’m a big celebrity and I feel harassed does not qualify. A prosecutor can withdraw a plea for any reason. They can change their mind and offer a plea again. And rescind it again. But if you’re a defendant and you have a chance to basically walk free with a slap on the wrist! For chrissake, TAKE IT RIGHT AWAY! What insanity possessed his 8 lawyers to demur??? It defies reason.

JMO

I read Morrisey's filing and she lays out the case against Baldwin in great detail. IMO, she pretty much shuts the door on Baldwin's claim that he was treated unfairly.

But why does she sound so peevish?

She complains that Baldwin's counsel is grandstanding. (Really, a defense attorney playing to the media? I am shocked!)

She complains about the "tough lessons" she has learned and the loss of her "idealistic notions". What does this have to do with Baldwin's guilt or innocence?

She even complains that one of Baldwin's attorneys "has been relegated to largely menial tasks". Why is she even bringing this up?

I read Morrisey's filing and she lays out the case against Baldwin in great detail. IMO, she pretty much shuts the door on Baldwin's claim that he was treated unfairly.

She complains that Baldwin's counsel is grandstanding. (Really, a defense attorney playing to the media? I am shocked!)

She complains about the "tough lessons" she has learned and the loss of her "idealistic notions". What does this have to do with Baldwin's guilt or innocence?

She even complains that one of Baldwin's attorneys "has been relegated to largely menial tasks". Why is she even bringing this up?
Cause she’s a petty queen. Lol. I completely agree with you it’s so unnecessary but I have to admit I’m enjoying her “extraness.” Remember she’s a defense atty as well so she feels compelled to play to the media as well, perhaps

JMO

Grandstanding, same as attorneys do on camera in court. Jennifer Crumbley's attorney is a good example...a complete show off in front of the cameras at trial.

This Morrisey person knows her motions are going to end up all over SM and talked about by every Tom, Dick and Harry.

It was very clear from day one that Alec's celebrity has always been a big factor in this case and has caused an embarrassing case of celebrity-itis among the prosecution.

2 Cents

The prosecutor has changed her story already. She originally claimed she revoked the plea deal because she allegedly heard that AB was going to leak a story about it to the news media. Now she is saying she revoked it because of something, something about a documentary.

She also falsely assumed AB was financing the documentary and she violated the court orders by leaking info to the news media. No wonder Lewis bailed.

JMO

I find it creepy and unprofessional. It was also weird to withdraw the plea deal too for external reasons. Morrisey shouldn't even have brought that up, since it wasn't mentioned in the motion to dismiss. But it shouldn't matter to the case, the state is not obligated to offer a plea deal. jmo

New Mexico Corrections Department processes ‘Rust’ armorer Hannah Gutierrez​

1713986150142.png
NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – “Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez was processed by the New Mexico Corrections Department Wednesday morning. The department released Gutierrez’s latest mug shot, which showed that she is being incarcerated at the Western New Mexico Correctional Facility (WNMCF) in the City of Grants.

View attachment 499301
NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – “Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez was processed by the New Mexico Corrections Department Wednesday morning. The department released Gutierrez’s latest mug shot, which showed that she is being incarcerated at the Western New Mexico Correctional Facility (WNMCF) in the City of Grants.
She looks so young. Too young to be considered a firearms expert. MOO.

View attachment 499301

She looks better without the strategic awkward curls or the blue punk cut style she had during the filming.

It wouldn’t surprise me if she planned on being right there to get a reaction from him. Everyone for the most part knows that he has had anger issues so she may have tried to provoke him for a money grab? Just my thoughts on it.

She gets zilch..... 13 minutes of fame showing social media how she acts like a total annoying selfish rude fool in public.

She gets zilch..... 13 minutes of fame showing social media how she acts like a total annoying selfish rude fool in public.
This individual was harassing AB and getting in his face with the camera. What a menace and such a foolish person. I don't blame AB for knocking the weapon of choice (camera) out of this person's hand to protect himself. Outrageous and I'm embarrassed for this individual that they would go to those lengths for 15 minutes of fame. Goofy. MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back