BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

Hank Sr. is out of jail?!

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by suspicious1, Nov 24, 2010.

1. suspicious1

suspicious1 Active Member

Our Scanner Peeps found out that Hank Sr. was released from jail...does anyone think that it's odd that Hank Sr has been let out? I thought he was due back in court in Feb.? I would like to know everyone's thought on this...Mods if this is inappropriate please remove.

2. suspicious1

suspicious1 Active Member

I wonder if Hank Sr. had any useful information to help Haleigh's investigation?

3. ElementaryDearWatson

ElementaryDearWatson New Member

Oh, I bet he does. But I'm not sure if I can see him turn on his kids. This family is tight lipped and hard to crack. IDK

4. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Good thread suspicious. I'll be back after we eat....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! xoxoxo

5. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

I wonder what kind of trouble he's going to get into now!! I don't think he nor Lisa can stay very far away from drugs. It has been their whole life and they are not getting any real help.

6. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

dayum - I forgot he was in jail. I doubt he'll be out long, just based on past behaviour.

MOO

Mel

7. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

Just based on the reported years and years of drug problems it might have been better for Lisa to be alone awhile longer. She definitely looked better when last seen in the media.

8. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

thats what I heard...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE

9. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

I don't understand why Hank out at all!!! He has no bond?

10. uvamerica

uvamerica Former Member

11. uvamerica

uvamerica Former Member

The link above is why Hank is out.

12. Kimmer

Kimmer Active Member

Sorry to be behind but can someone fill me in on why he was in and when he was booked...Thanks, and Happy Turkey Day.

13. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

14. uvamerica

uvamerica Former Member

Hi Passionflower, What I believe that means is the proscutor held back information that would help the defense's claim that he was not guilty of the offense. I noticed that the state attorney is for the state of Ohio? Anyway it looks as though the case has been thrown out. I know someone else here can better explain this I need to back and read more because I just scanned most of it. I hope that helps:cat: PS Happy Thanksgiving!

15. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

What does the Brady rule have to do with HC, Sr's case? And how is this motion connected to him?

ETA: I looked at HC's docket, and on August, 16, 2010, his attorney did file a Motion for Disclosure of Impeaching Information and Evidence Favorable to Defendant. This is known as the Brady rule and is pretty standard in criminal cases. I'm curious, though, where you got the document in the link since it's a pleading in an Ohio case and shows no relation to HC, Sr.

On October 10, 2010, the state filed its Discovery Exhibit and a Demand for Reciprocal Disclosure. Again, a pretty standard part of the discovery process. It's the way the prosecution and defense exchange information. If the defense has reason to believe that the prosecution holds evidence that could exculpate, or clear, the defendant, under the Brady rule the prosecution must share that information with the defense if requested to do so. Likewise, the defense must cooperate with a request by the prosecution to share its evidence.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion that this plays into HC, Sr's release. Are you suggesting that the state turned over evidence that cleared HC, Sr? It's possible. But do you know that to be a fact, or are you speculating? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Uvamerica, but it's important to distinguish fact from opinion.

16. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

On July 27, 2010, he was charged with purchase of cocaine. A hearing was scheduled for November 22nd, after which he was released. As far as I know, the reason for his release has not been made public.

17. Nonni Brenda

Nonni Brenda Georgia girl

Wouldn't it be great if Misty made some kind of secret deal giving important information about Haleigh, if they would release her dad? I know that's more that a long shot, just hoping she talks.

18. krkrjx

krkrjx Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Hasn't there been some problem with keeping a public defender working for Hank? Not sure what all the reasons would be but may it was considered that he had been in long enough for the offense. He could go back in after his trial, but for now maybe the county wants to save some $$$ by letting him out. It is odd, though, that he was let out without a bond; you would think they would at least go through procedure in some way. But, maybe they did, and docket is not reflecting it...it's the norm for Putnam County, IMO.

19. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

Nonni Brenda, you must be a very kind person to believe Misty would give up important information about Haleigh if the LE would release her dad. Not to be snarky here but I feel the only person Misty would give up info for is herself. Just sayin'

20. Nonni Brenda

Nonni Brenda Georgia girl

Hi 4, I know you're probably right. Just can't help but hope.:crazy: