Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When those style of pants are not on a body they are very small/tight. Not much bigger than a pair of tights. They expand when you put them on.

Maybe "tight" (slim) vs baggy?

IMO "tight" was used as equivalent to yoga pants, stretch pants, or some such. Others have surmised this as well.

It's pretty easy to distinguish visually between slim-fitting pants like leggings, for example, and wider / looser types of pants:

View attachment 61970View attachment 61971

I've been thinking about this as well (new to this thread but not WS). IMO, the pants may be the type that "stretch" when put on and thus appear small/smaller without a body in them. From what I've seen in photos, that could apply to Hannah's pants, I believe. Or maybe the pants are just narrow at the calf/ankle and the officer misspoke?

I think what a few of us have a problem with is the use of "tight" in this situation. The pants were not on a body and easy to determine tightness or looseness. A LEO is kind of trained to listen to descriptions so I'd imagine they are better able than most to give a description. But that being said, if I saw Hannah's pants on the ground I would describe them as dark, but as to fit, I wouldn't say tight.

I saw what appeared to be dark:

Stretchy pants
Narrow ankle pants
Women's pants
Yoga pants
Sweat pants
Jeans

So this bothers some of us. Some here thought that officer's interview might have been scripted to get a response from JM, using "tight" makes it look more like a script than not, however I don't think it was scripted and that makes it a curious choice of words.

I think what a few of us have a problem with is the use of "tight" in this situation. The pants were not on a body and easy to determine tightness or looseness. A LEO is kind of trained to listen to descriptions so I'd imagine they are better able than most to give a description. But that being said, if I saw Hannah's pants on the ground I would describe them as dark, but as to fit, I wouldn't say tight.

Stretchy pants
Narrow ankle pants
Women's pants
Yoga pants
Sweat pants
Jeans

So this bothers some of us. Some here thought that officer's interview might have been scripted to get a response from JM, using "tight" makes it look more like a script than not, however I don't think it was scripted and that makes it a curious choice of words.

LOL He was just a guy........black pants that looked like they might be tight.........JMO

I keep wondering if, in an attempt to be clever and mess with the police, JM might of left HG's black pants beside another victim's body. A few WS'ers were surprised about how much the body had decomposed. ~MOO.

Because if theyre spandex, stretchy tight fitting I think youd be able to say theyre tight. JMO
Yes!! I thought exactly that! "Tight" is a descriptive used for how a clothing item fits in relation to subject. If they were nearby wouldn't the correct descriptive be "small" or "stretch"? Moo. I was just stuck on that for a few days. That someone else noticed this makes me :happy:[emoji9]

The area also has 3 vacant houses in a row, plus buffered in the back, better for privacy.
I keep thinking that he had about 15 minutes of driving time to find a location before his victim came to, as I believe they were either drugged or punched.

Since we are pretty sure JM has been in this horrendous business for years, it's likely that he had a destination planned ahead of time for whenever he might need it -- and possibly prepared as well. I doubt seriously that that choice was impulsively made that night. As numerous experts have pointed out here, SKs fantasize constantly about their next crime.

Stretchy pants
Narrow ankle pants
Women's pants
Yoga pants
Sweat pants
Jeans

My girls were these 'leggings" and they are really footless tights. I think that is what he meant. It is what your grandma would call them if she knew they were footless tights and knew that you called them pants. The name of them crosses over into the "tight pants" they get runs in them and most would not fade in the sun. I am not sure that is what Hannah had on Hers appear more like stretch slacks.IMO maybe jean leggings.

I have buckets of them due to 4 teen girls running around trading pieces of their closets. They call them leggings and were them like they are pants but seem to depend on them for every outfit ,just like pantyhose used to be a stample in the 50's ,now it is tight pants..

LOL He was just a guy........black pants that looked like they might be tight.........JMO

I have to agree with you. I think we're over-thinking this one. If they were black and made from a stretchy fabric, they'd be called tight, unless they were made for a freakishly tall toddler.

I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong, but as to why they were left near (or on) the body, I'd suspect they were either partially buried with the remains, or they were just quickly tossed without any consideration that somebody would eventually find them. However, that idea bothers me more, since it would suggest that the perp was accustomed to committing these acts without being noticed or questioned. Morgan would appear to be the exception to this thought, although from what we know, he was never seriously considered a suspect in her case until Hannah's disappearance.

Question: don't police need a search warrant (or at least owner permission) to venture into private property for searches (even if it appears abandoned)? If coming from the direction of searching the park northeast of where the possible remains of HG were found, it appears they'd have had to maybe venture into even a second parcel of private property before reaching the one being described.

Posted this near the end of thread 4 and am still curious. Not because I think LE did anything wrong (quite the opposite, in fact)--but because it gives me perspective on the interview granted by the officer who found the remains.

All the search warrants are under seal

I also want to commend Chief Longo and the entire police force and searchers---if my daughter was missing I would want him in charge. great MIXTURE OF EMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY AND PROFESSIONALISM---HE IS A ROCK ! You commonwealth citizens have a lot to be proud of.

I keep wondering if, in an attempt to be clever and mess with the police, JM might of left HG's black pants beside another victim's body. A lot of WS'ers were surprised about how much the body had decomposed. ~MOO.

I thought of that yesterday too when I got home from doing some stuff in the evening and found they still hadn't confirmed the body of Hannah. MH's shirt was placed out of the way later in an area not close to where she went missing or where her body was found so its not completely unlikely that JM might have tried to mess with LE again. He could have put HG's pants near someone else's body to mess with LE thinking that he wouldn't get caught so quickly.

It is fascinating to me how like words are pronounced differently depending on the location.

I am from the deep south and we always pronounce Graham as Gra-ham putting emphasis on all of the name.

If someone here said 'Gram' we would think the person's name was really named Gram. :)

or differently in the same location over time, but regional, even county dialectics and sounds vary. There are experts who place people to the county after a few words.

He is not "just a guy." He is not a civilian searcher. He is a trained officer of the law. He should be able to give a description to a reporter that he wouldn't lock the prosecution into for trial. Saying he saw what appeared to be dark women's pants would have been the way to go.

My wedding ring is tight. If it was found near, but off my dead fleshless body I wouldn't think anyone could describe it as a tight wedding ring. It's a determination that could only be made if you observed it on me while I was wearing it when alive.

I keep wondering if, in an attempt to be clever and mess with the police, JM might of left HG's black pants beside another victim's body. A few WS'ers were surprised about how much the body had decomposed. ~MOO.

Another twist would be to ask where Hannah's shirt is. If JM planted Morgan's at a visible but distant location, did he do the same with Hannah's and nobody noticed it?

He is not "just a guy." He is not a civilian searcher. He is a trained officer of the law. He should be able to give a description to a reporter that wouldn't lock the prosecution into for trial. Saying he saw what appeared to be dark women's pants would have been the way to go.

My wedding ring is tight. If it was found near, but off my dead fleshless body I wouldn't think anyone could describe it as a tight wedding ring. It's a determination that could only be made if you observed it on me while I was wearing it when alive.
Yes!!!!

Caught up. Waiting.
Does anyone need a few grains of salt for their s'mores?

It's 7:45am here, and I am READY for some new info! I hope LE reads that. Ready for HG confirmation!

Today is the Candlelight Vigil at UVA, if they know it's her it would be appropriate to announce it, keeping in mind that LE is strategic in their announcements. However, if it's not her would it be appropriate to announce it prior to the vigil? I dunno...

A shame, because it is raining here all day. Tomorrow, abundant sunshine is forecast.

Stretchy pants
Narrow ankle pants
Women's pants
Yoga pants
Sweat pants
Jeans

It has bothered me as well, but I haven't said anything...till now. When I read that it implied to me that the pants were/are on the body. I don't know what to thing other than they are very tiny stretchy pencil pants.jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998