Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT= omg too funny. I can't even tell you what that bug did to me the other night without looking totally insane.....lol...

O/T last nite I fought the bug and the bug won. Lol

This is my first post ever here, so please forgive me if I'm breaking the rules somehow. I live locally and have a chunk of property just north of UVA. The wife (went to college in the area) and I were talking about the fact that, unless folks live here and understand this part of Virginia, most don't have a real true notion of just *how* rural this area is. Once you leave Richmond on 64 West and almost all the way to C-ville, you see very beautiful yet unpopulated rolling mountains, but little else. Lots of farms, untouched plots of land, woods, and rocky outcrops. Past C-Ville, you'll quickly hit 81, and it's pretty much the same, both north and south. Route 29 and Route 15 (also essentially N/S) are the same. It's like this well into West Virginia, too. While they are searching Albemarle County, this entire part of the Commonwealth, for hundreds and hundreds of square miles, is quickly and easily accessible. It's also uninhabited. With the economic downturn, there are too many abandoned properties to count, as well. We both pray for her to be returned to her parents without any additional delay, but I do fear that the Longo needs some serious resources to be allocated to find her, likely from the Commonwealth. Either that, or he's being coy and does indeed have an approximate area to search. MH was found pretty quickly, all things considered. If it's the same perp, he knows to stay away from his normal haunts and go elsewhere. That would mean leaving Albemarle County altogether. Just my 2-cents. Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome atypical! Good post, and I agree (having grown up in C-ville) that the accessible plethora of places to hide a body is mind boggling there. I can get quite pessimistic actually, and start to think that it would take nothing short of a miracle to find HG. And I totally agree that if it's the same perp as MH, then that person learned their lesson: "Don't put her somewhere that LE will think about and connect to me" IMO, I think he's taken her somewhere completely random, and fear it could be a long drive from the 8-mile area being searched in C-ville...

I don't think so?

Depends on what is being hunted of course. Trying to look through this gave me a headache.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/
November 15 in most places is the beginning of firearm deer season so searchers have a month before they have to worry about that. If the wind is blowing away from you you will not smell a body. The buzzards are the best clue. They can be seen for great distances. They may return to an area after a body is eaten on the chance something new is there.

This is my first post ever here, so please forgive me if I'm breaking the rules somehow. I live locally and have a chunk of property just north of UVA. The wife (went to college in the area) and I were talking about the fact that, unless folks live here and understand this part of Virginia, most don't have a real true notion of just *how* rural this area is.

Welcome. I don't live there, but I am down here in NC, which is similar. And I drive through your area often on my way to Canada. Very dense. Very confusing.

What on earth does that mean? They have a pretty good idea, a good timeline on where JM was the night Hannah disappeared. It's the morning that is the problem. The trail ends at 1:45-2:00 AM around the area of Tempo. Was he seen later that morning somewhere? When did anyone see him next? That would be so helpful in getting a radius as to how far he could have driven that morning from Tempo.

My guess is what this means is they know when he was last seen with her... and now they know the earliest he was back alone.... so, let's say they left at 2:00 am and he is seen in surveilance video at a gas station at 5:35 am, OR back in the apartment at 6:05 AM... etc. This helps a little in knowing where and how far away she could possibly be. I am thinking this statement by Longo means they have evidence when JLM GOT BACK.

This is my first post ever here, so please forgive me if I'm breaking the rules somehow. I live locally and have a chunk of property just north of UVA. The wife (went to college in the area) and I were talking about the fact that, unless folks live here and understand this part of Virginia, most don't have a real true notion of just *how* rural this area is. Once you leave Richmond on 64 West and almost all the way to C-ville, you see very beautiful yet unpopulated rolling mountains, but little else. Lots of farms, untouched plots of land, woods, and rocky outcrops. Past C-Ville, you'll quickly hit 81, and it's pretty much the same, both north and south. Route 29 and Route 15 (also essentially N/S) are the same. It's like this well into West Virginia, too. While they are searching Albemarle County, this entire part of the Commonwealth, for hundreds and hundreds of square miles, is quickly and easily accessible. It's also uninhabited. With the economic downturn, there are too many abandoned properties to count, as well. We both pray for her to be returned to her parents without any additional delay, but I do fear that the Longo needs some serious resources to be allocated to find her, likely from the Commonwealth. Either that, or he's being coy and does indeed have an approximate area to search. MH was found pretty quickly, all things considered. If it's the same perp, he knows to stay away from his normal haunts and go elsewhere. That would mean leaving Albemarle County altogether. Just my 2-cents. Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome to the Websleuths family, iamatypical, and thanx very much for your input. You did real good on your first post; no TOS violations that I could see..
I live in a very rural area of the north GA mountains with similar topography..
Although I am a member of a reputable SAR and occasionally do independent searches. I primarily do research because it seems that most missing/murdered persons remains or significant items of evidence is located by citizens/outdoorpersons. Hunters and other outdoorspersons are the eyes & ears of the forest and outdoors. Timing is critical for HG's search due to the falling leaves season...

Welcome. I don't live there, but I am down here in NC, which is similar. And I drive through your area often on my way to Canada. Very dense. Very confusing.

Actually, that drive thru bottom land could have been driven thru. As I recall in the MH investigation... the gate to a crude field road was left UNLOCKED since it was used by the farmer to access the bottom fence lines to the Anchorage Farm. It was conjecture on our parts, that the perpetrator DROVE IN via that crude road (over some small cut across dry stream beds) to within perhaps 100 yards of where he body was found. To knowhow to drive thru to that point, helped lead investigators to say this person had been there and knew the area very well to know the long bottom land didn't just lead to being close to another house. He knew this was completely hidden an secluded, which is where he attacked and killed Morgan.

@DebraAlfarone: Chief Longo says only prof'ls can search - evidence needs to be preserved as they prepare for criminal trial. @wusa9 #HannahGraham

I also live in C'ville and totally agree! I actually haven't been to Tempo, but am very familiar with the downtown mall area. Where exactly is Tempo? Does anyone know where he was parked that night? I'm sorry I don' t have a link, but I remember when JM was first linked as a POI, I read somewhere that he might have parked in a parking garage downtown. MJPeony, any idea which garage is in closest proximity to Tempo? I'm thinking the abduction was obviously an impulse grab, and JM had been drinking. Once he had her in his car, I think depending on where he parked, he took the quickest route to a remote/less populated road. For example, he could've made a beeline down McIntire to get on 64 to head to Crozet. Or, perhaps headed up 20 towards Keswick/Stony Point. MOO. I just don't see him having some spot picked out ahead of time. Having grown up in the area, and worked as a taxi driver, I'm sure he knew of a lot of spots he could choose to rape and kill somebody, depending on what's closest and most convenient to the abduction. JMO. I think Chief Longo was right when he said the area he chose is likely somewhere he was comfortable with. He probably chose Anchorage Farm for MH, because he was familiar with that area and went to elementary school right near there. As for where he took HG, it's anyone's guess, but I would think he didn't go back to 29 South, or 29 North. He had been drinking and just abducted someone and was driving. I really think he took the quickest route to a desolate back road, or a highway like 64 to lessen the chance of being pulled over. JMO.

If you look at JM's timeline under maps and timelines, you observe a guy who has been spiraling out of control for the last 10 years. The frequency and severity of his LE infractions increase from minor traffic infractions to assault and larceny, more severe traffic infractions, etc... Then the whole police HQ thing, with the run to Galveston: It was only a matter of time.

Yes. But we don't know yet, what the forensic data is that links JM with the MH case, much less to the 2005 rape.

We'll know directly soon. JM's DNA swab was officially taken and will be run properly against all cases in LE"s files to see if there are any matches, including those two cases. And even for AM case as RAT's attorney has so requested even with a conviction already attained in that case.

Wondering they found something with Morgan's DNA and Hannah's DNA on it, if he had taken items from both girls and put them in one bag, i.e

Will LE let us know if they begin searches outside of their radius?

Some link was found between MH and Hannah's case. Le hasn't said what it is. Hints that it involves DNA, but nothing to quore for sure No idea whether JM was driving a taxi that night or what he was doing at all that night, and no word that anyone can pinpoint that Might be difficult I d have tough time alibiing anyone that night even my self. Maybe cab records were kept, If he were driving a cab actively that time, there'd be some chance one could see if he was "on " that night, had a cab. But reports that MH was hitchhiking are out there too. JM or anyone could have been just cruising along and saw her and picked her up. With so much time in between, forensic evidence, DNA evidence will be very important in that case. No charges yet.

Doesn't matter if Bass family was on a cruise or on the farm. It's a huge farm and where MH;s body was found, it 's easy to see that it was highly unlikely that anyone would have noticed someone dumping it there. No one reported a car coming near the place, or anyone dumping anything. JM nor anyone was in the picture for MH.

I didn't say that it mattered that they were on a cruise - I was simply curious because I had not heard that detail before. It's already been established that whoever dumped MH's body on the farm likely did not come through the front drive - they likely accessed the property from the back side.

@DebraAlfarone: Chief Longo says only prof'ls can search - evidence needs to be preserved as they prepare for criminal trial. @wusa9 #HannahGraham

That's BS imo. Most folks have prior military, national guard, hunting, or even law enforcement/fire/public safety experience, and most folks also have the common sense to not contaminate possible items of evidence when discovered during a search..jmo Just in the last month, two different sets of remains were located by genseng hunters in TN alone. One was the remains of UT coed/nursing student Holly Bobo abducted from her home on April 13, 2011, while leaving for school. Her case had practically grown cold and although a cell phone pinged at a nearby cell tower. The area did not receive a proper search by the TBI, imo..

HG and her family doesn't need excuses, they need solutions to bring her home. No available resources should be squandered...jmo

I recall seeing trespassing as one of the items on JM's rap sheet. I wonder if the property he trespassed on was for him to fish--or perhaps he was fishing for a future hiding spot to conceal a body.

He was angry about an oil change on his car

I think this message was misconstrued. Originally, Longo was saying that the time gap between the night HG disappeared and when he was next accounted for is decreasing, which makes more sense IMO.

I had the same impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members