Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not know that his family knew he would flee, do we? Maybe he told them he had to see his lawyer alone, or do,something else.

I don't think LE really cares a fig about charges about his flight to TX or the reckless driving. They want to get a serial rapist killer off the street and bring justice to his victims. The focus right now is to find Hannah and to get all the evidence they can get to convict the perp. If it turns out that it's not him, I think the focus would be on getting whoever, or so it should be.

I agree with you about what the focus of the investigation and charges should be.

My confusion/question simply came in with regards to releasing a vehicle used in the commission of a felony, i.e. the physical act of fleeing. Especially when that felony relates to a missing person, regardless of whether or not they found anything of evidentiary value in the car at that time. While I have no doubt LE was thorough in their search, we're all human and prone to error so I would have thought it erring on the side of caution to keep the car until trial.

I'm of the personal opinion, that once something is used or connected to a crime, that item should be kept until the charges have been answered. But am completely unclear as to how that's viewed by legal standards. That's why I asked for clarification on that particular nuance.

Simply put, I was taken a back by learning of the release of "the get away vehicle" in a case that as of yet has no found person/body. Better safe than sorry in my mind.

Hope that makes sense.

At a recent press conference, Longo stated that they were working on narrowing the gap between JM/HG appeared at Tempo and when HG was reported missing. Since she was reported missing at a time certain (Sunday afternoon), the only part of that timeline that could narrow would be the front end. So this means they have more information about the whereabouts of JM between Tempo and Sunday afternoon. That's very good to hear.

I;m sorry that I am being so dense, but this makes no sense to me at all. What would be specifically relevant is finding out when ANYONE saw JM on Saturday after he left TEMPO. At what time could LE place JM back from where ever he went with Hannah? They've spoken to his roommates, have said that roommates, friends have been cooperative. But I get the feeling that no one saw JM any time early Saturday. I'd be interested what the first sighting of JM was after TEMPO. The time Hannah was reported or noticed missing has no relevance at all in this. Whether it was Saturday night, SUnday morning, Sunday afternoon (which is when it was) or into Monday and the rest of the week. Hannah never has resurfaced. What is relevant is when JM did since it is possible that it could narrow the radius of the search. If anyone saw him early Saturday and he stayed in sight pretty much all day, then he could not have gone that far. If no one saw JM until Sunday, LE could have a really big problem, like maybe he did go out of state or way out of range from the searches being done. Not possible if he was back early Saturday.

I agree with you about what the focus of the investigation and charges should be.

My confusion/question simply came in with regards to releasing a vehicle used in the commission of a felony, i.e. the physical act of fleeing. Especially when that felony relates to a missing person, regardless of whether or not they found anything of evidentiary value in the car at that time. While I have no doubt LE was thorough in their search, we're all human and prone to error so I would have thought it erring on the side of caution to keep the car until trial.

I'm of the personal opinion, that once something is used or connected to a crime, that item should be kept until the charges have been answered. But am completely unclear as to how that's viewed by legal standards. That's why I asked for clarification on that particular nuance.

Simply put, I was taken a back by learning of the release of "the get away vehicle" in a case that as of yet has no found person/body. Better safe than sorry in my mind.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm sure car was searched and vetted. Dogs sniffing it as well. It just isn't relevant for anything as far as LE in VA is concerned, or in TX, for that matter. The orange car, a whole other story. LE has not searched his family's and his friends' places either. No relevance to them.

I;m sorry that I am being so dense, but this makes no sense to me at all.

I have a feeling this is paraphrasing, in the first place, but even if a direct quote, I have a feeling it's easier to say that then to say narrowing the gap between the time we know they were at Tempo and the next time JM resurfaced - since they won't tell us when or where that was, making people who saw him during that time unknown time period feel their information isn't important because someone else already saw him, perhaps, earlier. Make sense? Without telling us exactly when they can account for JM, they have to use some other ending parameter for information they're seeking, and the next parameter is when HG was reported missing. Or perhaps Monday. Or perhaps Sunday morning. Who knows. But the time she was reported is a constant that everyone is already aware of and doesn't jeopardize the investigation.

We do not know that his family knew he would fee, do we? Maybe he told them he had to see his lawyer alone, or do,something else.

Wasn't his Mom in the car with him when he started driving in a manner to evade LE? Speaking only as the Mother of two twenty something sons, once my kid slowed down I would have knocked the heck out of him. I feel for what they are going through but I suspect his behavior has been enabled and excused for a very long time.
Edited for spelling.

Absolutely! There is an Elliewood Avenue, located in the area referred to as The Corner at UVA. The Starbucks is on University at the corner of Elliewood. This is only a coulpe of blocks from the sorority/fraternity house locations, which are on Rugby Road and Madison Lane. It's also close to 14th & Wertland, the location texted about from HG's phone. And it's near the UVA hospital where JM worked.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...2!3m1!1s0x89b386487d9338ed:0x31036204ab12d6e7

PLEASE call this into the Tip Line.

Interesting....

I've often wondered if HG and JM may have become previously acquainted, or familiar with each other, at one of the local shops in the area, and Starbucks was the most obvious. Then, one day on a break at work, there was a FB post from one of HG's friends who recounted some some fun things about HG from their freshman year...one of those things had to do with frequenting Starbucks. (When I got home to reread the post, it was gone.)

I have a feeling this is paraphrasing, in the first place, but even if a direct quote, I have a feeling it's easier to say that then to say narrowing the gap between the time we know they were at Tempo and the next time JM resurfaced - since they won't tell us when or where that was, making people who saw him during that time unknown time period feel their information isn't important because someone else already saw him, perhaps, earlier. Make sense? Without telling us exactly when they can account for JM, they have to use some other ending parameter for information they're seeking, and the next parameter is when HG was reported missing. Or perhaps Monday. Or perhaps Sunday morning. Who knows. But the time she was reported is a constant that everyone is already aware of and doesn't jeopardize the investigation.

Well, now LE wants to talk to everyone and anyone who EVER had anything to do with JM. The other thing is, if LE is making the announcement that way, up to when HG was reported missing instead of giving a concrete time, there are people who have no idea when that was or are mistaken. The time she was reported missing is not a constant that EVERYONE is already aware of. I can't tell you exactly and wouldn't swear to it and I'm following details of the case pretty carefully. I'd have to look it up to be sure.

They should simply pick an actual time, Though, now they want to talk anyone who saw him anytime.

The time she was reported missing is not a constant that EVERYONE is already aware of.

True, but most locals know it was Sunday, or at least not the next day. Perhaps for their purposes that's close enough. Perhaps they have him Saturday afternoon or even Sunday morning, but don't want to say that. Who knows what they're doing.

Wasn't his Mom in the car with him when he started driving in a manner to evade LE? Speaking only as the Mother of two twenty something sons, once my kid slowed down I would have knocked the heck out of him. I feel for what they are going through but I suspect his behavior has been enabled and excused for a very long time.
Edited for spelling.

"knock the heck out of him"? No, i would not have done so, had he been mine. I'd be heartbroken, sick, hurting, frightened, but, no I wouldn't hit him. And maybe his mother and/or others did "knock the heck out him" then or in the past. Studies show that does not tend to help.

JM has had the heck knocked out of him figuratively in terms of consequences for behaviors he just repeated afterwards. Clearly that doesn't work. Who repeats behavior that specifically gets that person expelled from school and in so much trouble? JM did.

Though there are relationships between upbringing, childhood abuse and psychopaths, sociopaths, there are plenty more who have had a rough go of it who don't go that way. Something here is very wrong if indeed JM is that perp he appears to be, and what caused that, I'm not sure anyone knows. I'm not interested in attributing anything towards the making of such perps. It's critical, however, for the safety of all of us, that they are kept away for the population at large. Fault, cause, doesn't matter. They are dangerous.

True, but most locals know it was Sunday, or at least not the next day. Perhaps for their purposes that's close enough. Perhaps they have him Saturday afternoon or even Sunday morning, but don't want to say that. Who knows what they're doing.

Well, now LE wants to talk to any and every one.

This is such catastrophic wreckage whether or not he is found guilty in court. Counseling is in order for all those he affected. I hope that those kids coached by him are getting some good long talks and discussions.

A lot of counseling and mental health care for Hannah's loved ones and those who care for JM, those who know him well and liked him. I also think those UVA students who let Hannah go off, drunk, alone at night, who have these parties, well knowing that about half the guests are underage, ply them with drink need some big time counseling. Alot of talk about Tempo maybe letting Hannah in there, when we don't know for sure, but not much said about Hannah drinking herself to "extreme intoxication", then allowed to just wander off into the night alone in that condition. Any adults in any other situation than a college party would be a lot of trouble over this. But UVA students... nope. They get a pass.

BBM. This has been on my mind as well.

There is a lot relating to the term "racism" thrown around here the US. Sometimes it's not true at all. The US is huge, as you know, we have so many people everywhere of all races and nationalities. Please don't take it personally. There have been some really mean things said about HG on Twitter and some of it race based.

And I may step on some feathers and anger others, but perhaps Ferguson is weighing on people's mind. Especially on Twitter. I've noticed a lot of Twitter posters anger easily and aren't exactly into digging deeper into an issue. One of the reasons I use Instagram more than TW.

Wow. I posted the Websleuths JM timeline on my Twitter account. Oh the predictable backlash: I'm a racist.

Thought I was clear that I was anything but... Anyway, I responded with this (Webbies? If I violated anything, just delete me):

"So about that timeline: IT'S NOT IMPLYING #JESSEMATTHEW COMMITTED ALL THOSE CRIMES! It's a tool? Place and time? I can discount 50% of it."

How about this non-racist rule for our daughters.
Do not trust a 32y.o. man who shows interest in an 18 y.o. girl.

There was a short update of this case with Coy Barefoot on Situation Room on CNN on XM radio just before 6 pm today. Coy made a statement that the focus of the investigation has now changed, based on "a development that occurred over the weekend." He referred to the difference in the requests that LE is making of the public, as in, now they want to talk to EVERYONE who's had any contact with JM, regardless of when, whereas before they were asking for people to come forward if they knew anything about Hannah's movements on the night she disappeared.

I'll put that out there with you and see if your impressions are the same as mine. Did anyone else hear this?

I've tried to find a place that I can listen to it a second time on the Internet, but have had no luck so far. It sounds important, so I'm going to keep looking.

ETA: This Situation Room show may have originally been broadcast yesterday. I am not sure.[/QUOTE]

Here's Coy on the Situation Room:

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/category/coy-barefoot/

Not sure if this was the interview you were looking for.

Really? If he raped,a woman and left his DNA it doesn't matter? I find that impossible to believe.

???

I read this several times. No where did I say that it didn't matter that he'd raped a woman. Did you quote the correct post?

me = "The Rapist's/murderer's DNA links Morgan and Fairfax victim. I know they can't build a case on just that, they have to prove he was there and had the opportunity to commit the crime. If they can't tie JLM to the Fairfax rape (even if they're unable to build a case beyond that) then he is the luckiest *advertiser censored* that ever walked the earth."

There is a lot relating to the term "racism" thrown around here the US. Sometimes it's not true at all. The US is huge, as you know, we have so many people everywhere of all races and nationalities. Please don't take it personally. There have been some really mean things said about HG on Twitter and some of it race based.

And I may step on some feathers and anger others, but perhaps Ferguson is weighing on people's mind. Especially on Twitter. I've noticed a lot of Twitter posters anger easily and aren't exactly into digging deeper into an issue. One of the reasons I use Instagram more than TW.

Wise words. I have observed so much hatred: race / age / language / sex / sexual preference. I play an open hand.

There was a short update of this case with Coy Barefoot on Situation Room on CNN on XM radio just before 6 pm today. Coy made a statement that the focus of the investigation has now changed, based on "a development that occurred over the weekend." He referred to the difference in the requests that LE is making of the public, as in, now they want to talk to EVERYONE who's had any contact with JM, regardless of when, whereas before they were asking for people to come forward if they knew anything about Hannah's movements on the night she disappeared.

I'll put that out there with you and see if your impressions are the same as mine. Did anyone else hear this?

I've tried to find a place that I can listen to it a second time on the Internet, but have had no luck so far. It sounds important, so I'm going to keep looking.

ETA: This Situation Room show may have originally been broadcast yesterday. I am not sure.
I think someones tip off has proved valuable about JMs movements.
Could also be possible that they believe they have found something significant in their weekend searches.
Holding cards close to their chest IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members