Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I saw a significant gathering of deputies and unmarked cars on the west side of Route 29 near a driveway that is in the same area as he is describing - between Caul's Grocery and Crossroads Market. I commented to my wife who was riding with me about the number of cars and the appearance that searchers were congregating there to search off road. We talked about how close that was (close like "country close" - only a few miles or minutes along Rt 29) to where MH was found.

I cannot vouch for Gilamon, but I can vouch for that being an area of high search activity just a brief time before they posted.

I hope they find Hannah and give peace to her parents.

I'm guessing that his work as a cabbie is what led him to be so familiar with these seemingly out of the way locations. ...

He was already familiar with them. As noted on the "What do we know about JLM forum," he's an avid outdoorsman and fisherman; moreover, he grew up in the Red Hill area, which is not only close to the location that Gilamon has mentioned but also provides access to that location through lightly-traveled, poorly lit, 2-lane backroads.

I am enthralled with these reports of cab usage.

Where I live, where public transportation is not good, there are only a few types of people that use cabs.

The poor to go grocery shopping once a month or to go to appointments or the laundromat.

The elderly. Same reason.

I have no idea if tourists who fly in get cabs.

I don't fly that often, but I have never seen a cab at our airport.

However, when I go to cities where I have no friends, I take a cab around town or the hotel shuttle to the hotel.

When I was in college a million years ago, I would take a cab from the bus or train station to my dorm or apartment.

Why do people use cabs in that area of VA?

It appears locals take a cab to their home?

A lot of young adults in Charlottesville take cabs to avoid drinking and driving. The downtown mall is full of bars, restaurants, and music venues. If you don't live walking distance to the mall and know you're going to be drinking, the responsible decision would be to take a cab.

and I saw a significant gathering of deputies and unmarked cars on the west side of Route 29 near a driveway that is in the same area as he is describing - between Caul's Grocery and Crossroads Market. I commented to my wife who was riding with me about the number of cars and the appearance that searchers were congregating there to search off road. We talked about how close that was (close like "country close" - only a few miles or minutes along Rt 29) to where MH was found.

I cannot vouch for Gilamon, but I can vouch for that being an area of high search activity just a brief time before they posted.

:welcome:

Praying today is the day they find Hannah. Bless the searchers and her family, it's time to bring her home!

Actually it is about 10 miles from the MH site. About a 25 minute drive from Tempo.

Don't worry I don't intend to write any books. I sure hope that our farm is not identified publicly as any place of final rest. That would be a major personal crisis. I have alerted the tip line to all of my recent experiences, thoughts and the remembrance of the cab ride in 2012. i did not go back to check if that was within the time frame of JM's cab career.

This is the only time I have taken a cab ride home other than once from the airport. Incidentally, or maybe not, there was an attractive woman in our group that hailed the cab, as I remember thinking that she would be able to get the cab to stop more easily than I. I then got in, and was the only passenger. I really think there is very low probability of this even having any remote significance. It was just a recollection that was jogged by an earlier post.

Thanx for sharing, Gilamon. An activity this morning, if you know?
You are correct.. The serenity of your farm would never be the same again..

I, personally, believe the poster referred to above, but if people have concerns, there is a process per the TOS.
Plus s/he is a Dinosaur Jr fan, which is a good sign they're good people. IMO[emoji106]

Actually it is about 10 miles from the MH site. About a 25 minute drive from Tempo.

Seems about right, Gilamon. Searches rarely exceed 25 miles without specific tips or info.. Experienced and escalated sexual predators/serial killers are forensic and investigative aware...

Snipped for brevity....

I agree. I never cease to be amazed by the strength men have compared to women. My husband could easily defeat me with one hand tied behind his back and probably not even be breathing hard and he's not a huge guy. I have no doubts he easily carried any of these young women across fields, thru streams, over mountains, whatever.

Just realize, though, at the time of the printing of the article, they had no idea they were talking about a frame that size. The point is how seemingly difficult it would be for anyone to get her there, in that particular spot. The point for us is not to rule out any location because it seems to have difficult access.

So, are we again at the same place as with the 'deer cam photo'? Will this whole thread of conversation be removed because there isn't a corroborating link/source?

The photo was removed because it couldn't be sourced. Gilamon is the source here.

I don't think the cab ride has anything to do with it. That was 2012. He didn't have a taxi license in 2012, according to most sources, and certainly wasn't employed by any taxi company locally IIRC.

Don't worry I don't intend to write any books. I sure hope that our farm is not identified publicly as any place of final rest. That would be a major personal crisis.

And, folks, perhaps one reason not to be publicly (here) posting maps of what you think is his location. Look it up for yourself, but I'd ask, on Gilamon's behalf, you keep them off of here.

Seems about right, Gilamon. Searches rarely exceed 25 miles without specific tips or info.. Experienced and escalated sexual predators/serial killers are forensic and investigative aware...
Reminds me of Jennifer Huston missing person case. Her dad was a retired detective and.kept saying he knew she was within 25 miles of her home. And she was exactly 24 miles away, on private land. Granted that was a suicide, but still...

Don't worry I don't intend to write any books. I sure hope that our farm is not identified publicly as any place of final rest. That would be a major personal crisis. I have alerted the tip line to all of my recent experiences, thoughts and the remembrance of the cab ride in 2012. i did not go back to check if that was within the time frame of JM's cab career.

This is the only time I have taken a cab ride home other than once from the airport. Incidentally, or maybe not, there was an attractive woman in our group that hailed the cab, as I remember thinking that she would be able to get the cab to stop more easily than I. I then got in, and was the only passenger. I really think there is very low probability of this even having any remote significance. It was just a recollection 5that was jogged by an earlier post.

What did "your" cab driver look like? Was it JM??

There are several things with the search area in discussion that are lining up WAY TOO nicely. Way too much personal knowledge of the cases and odd personal run-ins and coincidences for my comfort... that it's really legit. Sorry, but I'm close to calling Shenanigans on this one. :(

It's really important to keep the possibility of fraudulent posts in mind. But please be aware that there are probably quite a few people from Charlottesville and neighboring areas, like me, who joined WebSleuths out of frustration with local law enforcement's seeming inability to solve a STRING of abduction/murders of young women that go back many years.... We've really had enough of this. We want the perpetrator(s) brought to justice. We want the killings to end. LE won't let us search, but we want to do SOMETHING.

The photo was removed because it couldn't be sourced. Gilamon is the source here.

I don't think the cab ride has anything to do with it. That was 2012. He didn't have a taxi license in 2012, according to most sources, and certainly wasn't employed by any taxi company locally IIRC.

Good. Thanks ksj3. I have been trying to track down his dates. I agree that the coincidence of my cab ride likely has nothing to do with anything.

Perhaps the most telling aspect of this is the report of a cell phone "ping" in the area - whether from a tower or from JM's phone is not clear (iPhone's, for example, store a track log of everyplace the phone has been - it's not immediately accessible, but it's there. Many GPS's do the same.) And what form the "ping" might be - triangulation or GPS long/lat - most phones sold now have GPS chips, but he might have an old or very cheap cell phone.

Point being, if there's a ping record of JM's locations that morning, then the probability of finding her very soon just went up by a lot - and we should know something soon. If shenanigans, then we'll just hear more silence.

Whether we believe the story or not is irrelevant to what comes next - I hope it's true, for many reasons - I'd hate to think someone would hoax this, but even more, her family needs to know the truth. That girl needs to come home.

So, I'll choose to believe - it costs me nothing, and gives me hope.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Do you know what the story is with that road that runs along the ridge? It looks to be accessible both at the north end of the ridge (close to Crossroads Store) and by a driveway about halfway between the two. There also appear to be two ponds or marshy areas (or something non-foresty) along that "road".

And, folks, perhaps one reason not to be publicly (here) posting maps of what you think is his location. Look it up for yourself, but I'd ask, on Gilamon's behalf, you keep them off of here.

Can I (should I?) remove the map I posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken