"HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

Discussion in 'A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17' started by LazyCat08, Nov 9, 2008.

1. LazyCat08

LazyCat08 I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......

My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed :eek:

2. Gray

Gray New Member

I've seen it. I didn't really like it at all. It was too twisted for me. But it was interesting nonetheless.

3. Socre8tv

Socre8tv New Member

Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess

4. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

I've seen the movie. I liked it so much that I bought the dvd (when it went on sale).

That was real payback. And I hope it makes the rounds of the dirty little movie houses where pervs go to watch their dirty little movies.

5. MvD

MvD Member

I have it on DVD.. I had just randomly came across it on HBO or cinemax one night.. and was rivoted to it.. It was very very INTENSE movie.. and very powerful.. Ellen Page was excellent in it.. I highly recommend this movie..

6. PoppyH

PoppyH Scampii, My Cleaner Shrimp!!

I have it on DVD, Just watched it a couple weeks ago, I was shocked!!!! It was a good movie tho!!!!!! I thought for sure SHE{Ellen Page } was going to be the victem!! Im so glad it was the other way around, and she did get the truth in the end!!

7. rpipergirl

rpipergirl proud owner Kidmissing

i watched it after coming across it on the in demand I get with my movie channels. It was good and intense.

8. beetrue

beetrue New Member

harsh but EXCELLENT movie. I bought it on Dvd. Ellen Page is golden; Hard Candy gave me faith that she was the right fit for playing Juno. :D

9. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

Awesome movie!!

10. endthecycle

endthecycle New Member

Sickly enough, the guy who murdered Kelsey Smith cited it as one of his favorite movies...:furious:

11. 4122

4122 New Member

I liked the Movie,it's where the Hunter became Hunted.

12. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

13. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

I've seen it...that is one disturbing movie. Ellen Page is an amazing actress.

14. joga

joga New Member

oooh The Woodsman was so interesting. Hard Candy was great too!

15. J. Brannagh

J. Brannagh Mostly Lurkin' ;)

Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.

16. OneLostGrl

Put it on my "to watch" list! thanks!

17. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does:)

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!

18. OneLostGrl

ohboy, I'm gonna have to check those out. Kevin Bacon plays some very thought provoking characters and I love that he and his wife are often in movies together.

19. Nova

Nova Active Member

I think The Woodsman is a much better film than Hard Candy for several reasons. HC never quite breaks free from the play on which it seems to be based, nor is it particularly believable. Like most movies where perps confess under duress, all the Patrick Wilson character had to say was "I'm being harassed by this crazy girl who is telling lies about me, so I told her what she wanted to hear."

I, too, enjoyed the acting of both principals, however; I'm not blaming anyone for liking the film.

Woodsman, on the other hand, is a great movie.

20. Tuffgong

Tuffgong Active Member

I thought it was dark and twisted, pretty good film. But buying it, that seems odd, not the kind of movie you want to watch over and over.