Has anyones opinion of the grandparents changed since tapes released

No. My thoughts on the subject haven't changed.

31 days.
June 9th vs June15th.
Dead body in my damn car.
Gas cans.
Grey pants.
Backyard search before LE.
Tim.
LP.
Criminal Defense Attorney.

Why would the tapes of Casey's interrogation change anyone's mind about her parents? I think some are blaming them entirely for Casey's crimes and how she acts, and that is just wrong. She is 22 yrs old, an adult. She was and is responsible for whatever she did to her daughter.
Cindy and George obviously doted on Caylee... I am sure that these past couple of months have been the worst nightmare anyone could imagine. Yes, they are in deep denial, and they probably ARE covering up for Casey... but she is still their daughter, and she has no one else to support her besides her family. Imagine realizing that even your own family has turned their backs on you.
They probably feel that they have to support her in order to find out what happened to Caylee. I know they have done and said some terrible things, and denied evidence, and all the other stuff.... because they have to hold on to some hope that Caylee is alive somewhere. And can any of us truly know how we would behave in such a situation? We THINK we would act differently... but being faced with it might cause us to do worse. We just don't know until it happens.
I don't like them, and don't approve of what they do and say most of the time... but I still have some sympathy for the horror of what they're going through, it has to be the worst time of their lives. But what I feel so terrible about is this little angel girl, who did not deserve to have her life cut so short. THAT is what I focus on. I refuse to waste my energy on hating the Anthonys... I just pray that Caylee will be found soon and this whole nightmare will be over.

I hope this doesn't sound wrong b/c I'm not trying to put a position out there beyond thinking out loud and wanting to hear what other think.

I'm not sure that it matters if they've heard the tapes, in that I think they are very familiar w/ the way Casey is. I wonder if their actions are a combination of denial about what has and could have happened and supporting Casey for the purpose of knowing she holds the key to where Caylee is (whether Caylee is dead or alive). In listening to the tapes and the experts on tv, it sounds like Casey will never be completely honest in regards to what she knows. But the Anthony's have lived w/ her her entire life and probably know if anyone can get the truth or some clue, they would be the ones to do it.

I just can't help but to think that they - on some level - feel that if by supporting Casey they have even a small chance of finding out more - they will do it. I bet in living w/ Casey for the past 22 years they have a pretty good idea of which tactics work better then others in getting through lies. Of course, that being said, I don't think they ever thought this would happen either.

I am interested to see if and how their behavior will change if she ultimately gets charged w/ something more serious.

Me too. If we had a time machine, I'd also like to go back and see what would have happened if she hadn't made bail. If their is a strategy to cozy up, which I've heard psychologists say can be an effective tactic to get these type of personalities to either slip or talk, it doesn't seem to have worked. In Casey's case, with her being young and, forgive me for saying so but, dumb, an inexperienced criminal who up until lately, pretty much just now, has always been able to get by saying whatever she said and not being challenged, a liar but not an organized or efficient one, used to getting stroked (forgive that term) by men, used to a comfortable lifestyle, perhaps in her opinion constricted by having a child, but still having a lot of freedom, it would have been interesting to see if we would have had the truth by having left her in jail until now. (Run-on sentence, sorry.) We've never seen her cry for Caylee, but we saw her cry for herself when bail was denied. Morally, in this case, I don't think she should have bail and I think there should be a law to that effect. From a practical standpoint, if we could go back and keep her in jail, not grilling her, not protesting her, not shining the spotlight on her, but just letting her sit, I think that might have been the way to the truth...if there is a way to the truth. But the LP and GP's got her out, so we won't know.

Why would the tapes of Casey's interrogation change anyone's mind about her parents? I think some are blaming them entirely for Casey's crimes and how she acts, and that is just wrong. She is 22 yrs old, an adult. She was and is responsible for whatever she did to her daughter.
Cindy and George obviously doted on Caylee... I am sure that these past couple of months have been the worst nightmare anyone could imagine. Yes, they are in deep denial, and they probably ARE covering up for Casey... but she is still their daughter, and she has no one else to support her besides her family. Imagine realizing that even your own family has turned their backs on you.
They probably feel that they have to support her in order to find out what happened to Caylee. I know they have done and said some terrible things, and denied evidence, and all the other stuff.... because they have to hold on to some hope that Caylee is alive somewhere. And can any of us truly know how we would behave in such a situation? We THINK we would act differently... but being faced with it might cause us to do worse. We just don't know until it happens.
I don't like them, and don't approve of what they do and say most of the time... but I still have some sympathy for the horror of what they're going through, it has to be the worst time of their lives. But what I feel so terrible about is this little angel girl, who did not deserve to have her life cut so short. THAT is what I focus on. I refuse to waste my energy on hating the Anthonys... I just pray that Caylee will be found soon and this whole nightmare will be over.

They raised her that way. Whenever a kid shoots up their school it is always blamed on the parents. In my opinion it is the same concept here

My opinion of the Anthony's will not change because I have seen them LIE on national TV.
I think the whole family is covering for Casey, and that Grandpa knows exactly where Caylee is buried. I believe he helped Casey after he found out what had happened to Caylee. I will believe this until I know for a fact it is not so.

I find the Anthony's behavior reprehensible. period

I agree with you totally, I think Casey did call GA for help and his knowledge has helped her in this Cover Up.

Everyone keeps saying Cindy did call the police. Yes, she did, but - listen to what she said, read the myspace comment. She cannot claim she had no idea for the month Caylee was missing that something was wrong. She DID know. The very first 911 call says "no I've given you a month". The myspace comment says clearly "caylee is missing". She may not have had the admission from KC, but she knew KC had stolen, lied and been deceptive before. She DID know something was wrong and she didn't call police.

The biggest piece of mystery to me seems to be overlooked a lot. When the call was made to 911 and Casey got on the phone, she said calmly, my daughter's been missing for 31 days. I haven't seen her for 31 days. Like she had been numbering the days. But, she was claiming at the time she hadn't seen her since June 9th. Several more days than 31. She appears to have made up the 31 days because it fit with the story that it had been a month. I think most mother's would have known the number of weeks, days, hours since they had seen their child. She guessed at it, and was wrong.

I think Cindy only took action on July 15th because that day, it costs them some money to get the car. She had a fit because she thought the tow yard charged too much. She was worried about money, not where are KC and Caylee. No, my opinion has not changed, and it's not likely to. Every single adult that knew this child has apparently ignored her basic need for well-being for their own selfish reasons.

Everyone keeps saying Cindy did call the police. Yes, she did, but - listen to what she said, read the myspace comment. She cannot claim she had no idea for the month Caylee was missing that something was wrong. She DID know. The very first 911 call says "no I've given you a month". The myspace comment says clearly "caylee is missing". She may not have had the admission from KC, but she knew KC had stolen, lied and been deceptive before. She DID know something was wrong and she didn't call police.

The biggest piece of mystery to me seems to be overlooked a lot. When the call was made to 911 and Casey got on the phone, she said calmly, my daughter's been missing for 31 days. I haven't seen her for 31 days. Like she had been numbering the days. But, she was claiming at the time she hadn't seen her since June 9th. Several more days than 31. She appears to have made up the 31 days because it fit with the story that it had been a month. I think most mother's would have known the number of weeks, days, hours since they had seen their child. She guessed at it, and was wrong.

I think Cindy only took action on July 15th because that day, it costs them some money to get the car. She had a fit because she thought the tow yard charged too much. She was worried about money, not where are KC and Caylee. No, my opinion has not changed, and it's not likely to. Every single adult that knew this child has apparently ignored her basic need for well-being for their own selfish reasons.

To me, there's a big difference between:

* Caylee is missing: CA not knowing where Caylee is because she thought Caylee was with Casey (and Casey claims she doesn't know where Caylee is)

and

*Caylee is missing: No one knows where she is because she was "kidnapped" (i.e., Caseyspeak for "I killed her.").

I never once blamed the parents for what happened to Caylee. I don't think they were involved nor were a part of the cover up. They maybe now but not at first. I blame Casey for all this. I listened to one of the tapes where Cindy called the police to report her car being stolen and she sounded genuine and she sounded like she was fed up with Casey. Cindy knows Casey lies. Cindy wanted Caylee. Cindy wanted Casey to GROW UP and be responsible. Casey wanted to party and be single without a 2 year old ruining her fun. Casey and Cindy apparently had;have issues with each other, but with that said, Casey is the one who got herself pregnant, who got herself fired from her job, who is out partying with her friends, who is sleeping with different guys etc.. I, in no way believe the GP's were involved with Caylees murder.

As of how their behavior is now, I still don't blame them. Look at their life now. They have cameras in front of their home 24/7. Their daughter, no matter what she has done, Casey is still their flesh and blood and there is a bond there. Do I think the GP's are covering for her now, yes, probably. I also believe the GP's know Caylee is dead and that has to be hard to take. It's hard to take because their own daughter did this and who wants to believe your own child is a killer.. I believe the GP's are cracking under the pressure of all this and I don't blame them..

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but someone on ws posted recently that George's ex wife claimed that he's always been a pathalogical liar. I had never heard this before. Has anyone else, and if so, would you mind posting the source?

Ive not heard that..but he has had to been divorced from her for over 25 years already.

my opinion hasn't changed at all. :snooty: they're victims. i have nothing but sympathy & compassion for them.

if anyhthing the protestors are giving them a diversion and delaying reality from setting in. now they are focused on the circus outside and are united in that. imo left alone......with nothing to do but think......they wouldn't be able to escape the truth much longer.

I've always felt the GPAs were victims in this. People have gone out of their way to ignore all the things that they have done.

The ony reason the police are involved with this is because of them. They did actually 'throw casey under a bus' for the sake of Caylee.

They invited the police to search everything without a search warrant immediately. Something LE made a point to say in press conferences and hearings. They collected Casey's receipts, other materials they thought might help. They attended every requested police meeting WITHOUT A LAWYER. LE has gone out of their way to say how much the gpas cooperated.

Immediately, before they even had a fund, they set up a command phone center quickly for tips staffed with 15 people. The setup a recorded voicemailing system like candiates have to dial up several hundred thousand phones in Florida. The printed a hundred thousand fliers to give to many organizations. They appeared on every news outlet on the media even though they were constantly ridiculed and clearly distressed. I never saw them that they didn't look uncomfortable/miserable but they kept going. This, by the way, is the best way to reach people. Then there is the ridiculed "bulletins/posters". The scary thing is that they have done more in a shorter period of time to get the info on Caylee out then in 80% of cases but now they really can;t even leave their house because they are so hated by people riled up by a desire to find anyone to blame for this.

By the way - all of these things were the media but no-one likes 'facts' to get in the way of using the GPAs as a way to take out their anger.

Sometimes I wonder if people in here only read the news they want!
That's not to say that I think they have done everything right but they HAVE TRIED.

I've always felt the GPAs were victims in this. People have gone out of their way to ignore all the things that they have done.

The ony reason the police are involved with this is because of them. They did actually 'throw casey under a bus' for the sake of Caylee.

They invited the police to search everything without a search warrant immediately. Something LE made a point to say in press conferences and hearings. They collected Casey's receipts, other materials they thought might help. They attended every requested police meeting WITHOUT A LAWYER. LE has gone out of their way to say how much the gpas cooperated.

Immediately, before they even had a fund, they set up a command phone center quickly for tips staffed with 15 people. The setup a recorded voicemailing system like candiates have to dial up several hundred thousand phones in Florida. The printed a hundred thousand fliers to give to many organizations. They appeared on every news outlet on the media even though they were constantly ridiculed and clearly distressed. I never saw them that they didn't look uncomfortable/miserable but they kept going. This, by the way, is the best way to reach people. Then there is the ridiculed "bulletins/posters". The scary thing is that they have done more in a shorter period of time to get the info on Caylee out then in 80% of cases but now they really can;t even leave their house because they are so hated by people riled up by a desire to find anyone to blame for this.

By the way - all of these things were the media but no-one likes 'facts' to get in the way of using the GPAs as a way to take out their anger.

That's not to say that I think they have done everything right but they HAVE TRIED.

well said

I am not going to dispute anything you have said but,

They also have name called, blamed the public and law enforcement for not looking hard enough when they've rarely left their own home and completely backed up their daughter even though they know she's lying.

I think the GPA's initially were devastated and desperately wanted to find their grandaughter but as soon as it became apparent that the likelihood of that happening was slim the focus shifted to, "not losing another one". We even heard Cindy say it, "I'm not going to lose another one". Even if that other one was responsible for the loss of the first. The longer the GPA's entertain the stream of crap that comes out of their daughter's mouth the longer it will take to find out where Caylee is.

I am UNdecided how I feel about the grandparents. On one hand I do think its true they are in alot of denial. On the other hand, I think they have to know something (but do not think they are involved in doing anything to Caylee..as Casey acted alone IMO).
(Also think Lee has to know, since he and Casey are so close)
But I still get so mad at all of them, because I just want them to admit Casey did something.
If there was no evidence, I could see them sticking up for her, but there is ALOT of evidence (and we dont even know all of it!).

Casey is their daughter. As parents they are going to protect her, no matter what. Heck, I would protect my family, no matter what. :hand:

C and GA probably know in their hearts their granddaughter isn't coming home :( :( I'm sure they turly want to believe that their daughter could not possibly do such a thing to Caylee, and yet, to me and a lot of others, it's obivious she did "something" to her. There would be no need to lie if she were innocent. None.. People lie to cover their *advertiser censored* and Casey is doing a good job at that..

Right now I view the Anthonys as, not so much being in denial, but in being FED UP will all the media, the protestors, the cameras on their every move. They are in defense mode. Heck, they are about to lose their only daugther to prison, if that is where she will end up, they are losing money, sleep, privacy etc. Ok, maybe they are going in front of the media but I think it's because they are angry and in defense mode. They did not ask for this to happen. They, I'm sure in a million years never thought they would have this much attention, negative attention at that brought on them..

I feel for them, I really do. I feel for Cindy if in deed her marriage was falling apart due to GA affairs, if this is indeed true. That has to be hard enough then on top of that she has her lying daughter who is being held for murder and we know that is what she is being held for.. All the other charges are petty. I feel for Cindy, I think the stress is taking a toll on her.

Yes, Cindy should have called police when she smelled the decomposition, even though it could have been anyone's body at that point. But I think her priority was locating her daughter and granddaughter at that time and she went about doing that full bore. Then, finding Casey without Caylee, and being fed the lies and evasions, she knew she was at an impasse and required the authorities in an urgent situation. I think the dead body odor continued to impinge on her assessment but she dared not fully integrate it into the possibilities. Some degree of denial was already beginning. She cried that if anything had happened to Caylee, she would die. So to consider everything but that was a matter of life and death; she could not go on if Caylee had been harmed or killed.

Well, I've wondered all along if Team Anthony wasn't playing Team Member KC for info, but if they are, it doesn't seem to be working, does it? And, I have a hard time with them having bailed her out of jail when they had her previously at home for a week under the watchful eye of LP, without apparent success. They'll do better if the stay quiet and out of limelight, but people are really upset at their apparent support of a woman who will not co-operate to find her own baby and for them having gotten KC out a second time so that she can hang out at Baez's 6-8 hours a day and parade around in her big white sun glasses, and go on field trips, high-fiving her bro. How on earth can that possibly help find Caylee? I've been up and down on the family, but they hurt their image every time they come out, talk about pizza smelling like human decomposition and Zanny being real. When they mix it up with protestors or put up crime scene, tape and wave hammers around they aren't helping themselves. They pretty much lost me for good when they insulted and failed to support TM, a saint of a man who was in Orlando for no other reason but to help find Caylee using his own resources. That was really awful.

I couldn't agree more. This was very well said. I too was done with them when TES got treated the way they did by the A's. Tim not only used his own resources, his heart and soul was and is into finding this little baby. The A's treatment of him and his team was deplorable!!!! I still believe that if Caylee isn't found in the next couple of weeks and Fla. continues to dry out, he will be back as he said he would be. When that happens, I hope by the grace of God he finds her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back