Has the case fizzled a bit?

Since the Kolar book and the flurry of posts after its release, I just get the feeling things have fizzled a bit around here.

Is it because some of us have sat back and said "Well, there you have it, we know the family did it, but we also know nothing will come of it"?

Or is it the Backfire Effect where in spite of the mountain of evidence that doesn't just support the RDI theory, but discounts the IDI, those IDI out there MORE stubbornly stick to their guns and therefore we're just groaning and rolling our eyes?

Or are we simply slipping into what I believe is JR's preferred option...the "it's all too hard" category where after 16 years of head beating it's all becoming a bit tiresome?

I personally am comparing the current situation to someone farting in a lift.
We all know who did it, but they're just patiently waiting for the smell to dissipate so that they can move on and walk out of the lift.

I haven't read Kolar's book, but from the posts I've seen, there seems to be little doubt where he's pointing. He's revealed some new information, he's confirmed some existing information. But are we at the stage now where we've narrowed down the only real bit of "required" information to such an extent that it's impossible to actually get hold of?

I'm keen to see SuperDave's book, but at this stage I can only make the assumption that the "new" information in it will be revelations of corruption and shoddy efforts by authorities involved rather than hard physical evidence.

So it will add the the whole, but not to the "hole".

What we have been doing over these last 16 years is painting a picture of our ever expanding Universe, around a black hole. We can be as detailed as we like with the surroundings, but the void in unavoidable and seemingly impossible to detail.

I just wonder if this case is slipping into the realm of "I reckon BLAH did it" and that's where it ends?

I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to start new threads? This area of WS will be getting busier with the 20th anniversary and all the media specials and such. It is difficult sifting through all this. Just a thought to start an anniversary open thread. Anyway FYI Jonbenet is.on the cover of People Magazine's issue tomorrow August 12, 2016.

Praying this dear girl will eventually get justice. Hoping someone in authority will take a look with new eyes and technology not available twenty years ago.

Since the Kolar book and the flurry of posts after its release, I just get the feeling things have fizzled a bit around here.

Is it because some of us have sat back and said "Well, there you have it, we know the family did it, but we also know nothing will come of it"?

Or is it the Backfire Effect where in spite of the mountain of evidence that doesn't just support the RDI theory, but discounts the IDI, those IDI out there MORE stubbornly stick to their guns and therefore we're just groaning and rolling our eyes?

Or are we simply slipping into what I believe is JR's preferred option...the "it's all too hard" category where after 16 years of head beating it's all becoming a bit tiresome?

We all know who did it, but they're just patiently waiting for the smell to dissipate so that they can move on and walk out of the lift.

I haven't read Kolar's book, but from the posts I've seen, there seems to be little doubt where he's pointing. He's revealed some new information, he's confirmed some existing information. But are we at the stage now where we've narrowed down the only real bit of "required" information to such an extent that it's impossible to actually get hold of?

I'm keen to see SuperDave's book, but at this stage I can only make the assumption that the "new" information in it will be revelations of corruption and shoddy efforts by authorities involved rather than hard physical evidence.

So it will add the the whole, but not to the "hole".

What we have been doing over these last 16 years is painting a picture of our ever expanding Universe, around a black hole. We can be as detailed as we like with the surroundings, but the void in unavoidable and seemingly impossible to detail.

I just wonder if this case is slipping into the realm of "I reckon BLAH did it" and that's where it ends?

I hope I'm wrong.

Is there a way to start new threads? This area of WS will be getting busier with the 20th anniversary and all the media specials and such. It is difficult sifting through all this. Just a thought to start an anniversary open thread. Anyway FYI Jonbenet is.on the cover of People Magazine's issue tomorrow August 12, 2016.

Praying this dear girl will eventually get justice. Hoping someone in authority will take a look with new eyes and technology not available twenty years ago.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what happened here. My post is the last two paragraphs only. My opinion only.

My guess would be all three. To what degrees varies on the person.

That's good! But in my case, they'll be waiting a long time. And time is on my side.

If you mean a confession, I agree.

It's a little of the second and a lot of the first!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back