Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't get past the fact that immediately after her daughter died, she spent the whole day in bed with her boyfriend.

When push comes to shove and the jury sees everything that GA and CA and LA have done to "protect" KC...Won't they, as we have done, ask WHY? Why would this family be willing to lie and fight and behave so bizarrely to protect someone who so obviously appears guilty. The Defence has provided a possible answer to this. The State needs to either SQUASH it in a meaningful manner immediately or provide a logical alternative. If they don't, they will leave a "reasonable doubt" hanging out there.

moo

I could not bring myself to sign on today. I am surprised at how much stress I had been feeling-it's like it all caught up with me. I did watch a live stream of today. I sat with an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my back. I am sharing because this is "just a case" I am following or so I thought-but today I realized how much this has effected me.

I can relate to others who have expressed the same. And I wonder how HHJP and the State are feeling? I do not know how they do this for a living. :dunno: Bless them for being able to... :takeabow:

The defense everyday solidifies my belief that Casey is guilty. Today, I was left thinking that even if Caylee died on June 16th the way Jose says she did drown in the pool-Casey was still at Blockbuster with Tony that evening renting movies. And stayed in Tony's bed all the next day as he did not go to class.

I found it infinitely interesting the jury gave notices to HHJP, they are requesting to "work" on memorial day. :winko:

Thank you to everyone who posted during the trial. :bow: I for one, am ready for this to be over. ~Bless Caylee Marie~

:twocents:

unfortunately the DT has changed my moms mind. She now believes it was an accidental drowning. I hope the prosecution uses that jail house recording.

I can't get past the fact that immediately after her daughter died, she spent the whole day in bed with her boyfriend.

:tyou: wandering

I think we were posting about the same time. As I just wrote in my post. :yes: That was what I was left with understanding.

I do not see how that translates to anything else other than cold murder. People that do not have their daughter drown show mood swings...people can see when you are feeling down. Not a single person who testified today said Casey was EVER anything but having a good time and happy go lucky.

La Bella Vita. :tsktsk:

How about that shopping video at JCP? I find it disturbing to think it will be said by the defense these were the actions of a grieving/but abused Mother. That is not in my worldview, and at the risk of being unyielding in my thought processes and feelings; I can never believe those are the actions of a woman who had recently lost her beloved child.

And, when Jose got the information that many thought Casey was "very bonded" and "attentive" to Caylee-that gives me all the more reason to wonder how she could "act" so happy and not freak out because she missed Caylee.

I am judging her by the way I would act and the way I would want anyone who is in my life to react to the death of someone most loved.

Hmm. That's interesting. When I was about 17, I did something really REALLY stupid. Looking back now, it was no big deal. Nothing ever came of it, nobody found out, I never told a soul, there were no consequences and it wasn't illegal, yet I felt as if I'd killed somebody because I felt incredible guilt over what I'd done. The day after, I laid in my bed watching I Love Lucy on TV. I watched that channel all day, no matter what came on, I just never turned the channel. I was THAT afraid of going forward that I wouldn't even turn the damn channel. I laid in bed the entire next day, and night, and the next day, and probably got up for dinner the second day, and then moved forward a step at a time. And all I did was something stupid I did to myself.

But my point is, I can imagine going to the far away place in one's mind after doing something so stupid, that all you wanna do is watch idiot TV and sleep.

Hmm. That's interesting. When I was about 17, I did something really REALLY stupid. Looking back now, it was no big deal. Nothing ever came of it, nobody found out, I never told a soul, there were no consequences and it wasn't illegal, yet I felt as if I'd killed somebody because I felt incredible guilt over what I'd done. The day after, I laid in my bed watching I Love Lucy on TV. I watched that channel all day, no matter what came on, I just never turned the channel. I was THAT afraid of going forward that I wouldn't even turn the damn channel. I laid in bed the entire next day, and night, and the next day, and probably got up for dinner the second day, and then moved forward a step at a time. And all I did was something stupid I did to myself.

But my point is, I can imagine going to the far away place in one's mind after doing something so stupid, that all you wanna do is watch idiot TV and sleep.

Respecfully Quoted Gnatcatcher

I must argue that letting your toddler "on accident" drown is not in the same ball park (understatement) as what you have described.

Now that the DT has shown us their Ace, I wonder how Cindy is feeling about that statement she made about ICA being nominated as MOTY? But above all, she has got to know Casey did it, why else would ICA let the DT lie about George? Because the truth is only thing left.

I have believed from Day 31 that KC was present when Caylee died and that KC has the answers to her death. And, I have always believed that KC was responsible for Caylee's death either by murder or neglect.

When JB presented the theory that Caylee drowned in the pool and that KC was in a state of denial due to sexual abuse I MIGHT have considered that as a truth IF JB had not added all of the other conditions; RK taking the body, botched police investigation, etc., etc., etc. There is too much evidence to dispute these claims.

It crossed my mind today that it seems as if JB is almost trying to practice "passive obedience" with ICA or trying to just get this trial done and behind him in the sense that ICA has given him nothing to work with for three years except lies and more lies. We know that his private practice is at a standstill and he is not earning the money he expected. Is he sending her a message that, "OK, KC, I am going to present this case exactly as you want me to, against my best judgement, and - if it doesn't work for the jury it is on you".

Or, has he bought into her stories? Can the doctor become as crazy as the patient?

I do not mean to make my thoughts far fetched but I retired from over thirty plus years in the court and criminal justice systems and have never heard such off the wall questions by any attorney as those JB asked of TL this morning regarding the purchase of chloroform, guns and duct tape by KC at the video store. ?????

I realize that the the typical juror or person in the public has not read the evidence over the years as we have but once the evidence is presented over the weeks to come the jurors will figure it out. They are not stupid and JB is acting as if they are. That will come back to bite him.

I agree with you. I saw shame and humilitation behind her emotion.

You cannot fake that. Because people who are lying about abuse do not understand that you feel ashamed, humiliated, embarassed that there must be wrong with you that caused someone who is supposed to love you to hate you so much.

Heck no, the defense has not changed my mind. This girl is guilty and has been for the past 3 years.

I don't think Geroge did anything to Casey as a child. Unlike you, 1Chump, what I saw in Casey after hearing that her father molested her, was the reaction of someone disgusted by the thought of having sex with her father. I am a woman and if I had to picture in my head the act of having sex with my father...just typing that made my face fill with disgust. Ask a woman to picture herself giving her father oral sex and tell me what you see...

and not only that....having to picture yourself sexually with your father as a defense to cover up a horrible crime that you yourself committed....well....her emotions got the best of her...respectfully so.

jmo.

BTW, 1Chump I have always respected your opinions and will always. I miss talking to you.

I always marvel at how things look different to different people... I can appreciate what you saw. What I saw was someone realizing that she had admitted her whole story had been a lie and that she couldn't go back now...

I saw it your way too. I watched her and she looked like she was done. She knew that George wasn't going to lie for her and she felt like it was the end for her.

:highfive: Butwhatif?
I admit there were times we were :slap:
Some days were more like :slapfight: At times I wanted to:trout:
But tonight I want to :hug: This is your best post ever !!!! :D
I hope we can still :pillowfight2: just for fun :crazy:

:laugh:

I have believed from Day 31 that KC was present when Caylee died and that KC has the answers to her death. And, I have always believed that KC was responsible for Caylee's death either by murder or neglect.

When JB presented the theory that Caylee drowned in the pool and that KC was in a state of denial due to sexual abuse I MIGHT have considered that as a truth IF JB had not added all of the other conditions; RK taking the body, botched police investigation, etc., etc., etc. There is too much evidence to dispute these claims.

It crossed my mind today that it seems as if JB is almost trying to practice "passive obedience" with ICA or trying to just get this trial done and behind him in the sense that ICA has given him nothing to work with for three years except lies and more lies. We know that his private practice is at a standstill and he is not earning the money he expected. Is he sending her a message that, "OK, KC, I am going to present this case exactly as you want me to, against my best judgement, and - if it doesn't work for the jury it is on you".

Or, has he bought into her stories? Can the doctor become as crazy as the patient?

I do not mean to make my thoughts far fetched but I retired from over thirty plus years in the court and criminal justice systems and have never heard such off the wall questions by any attorney as those JB asked of TL this morning regarding the purchase of chloroform, guns and duct tape by KC at the video store. ?????

I realize that the the typical juror or person in the public has not read the evidence over the years as we have but once the evidence is presented over the weeks to come the jurors will figure it out. They are not stupid and JB is acting as if they are. That will come back to bite him.

Or...maybe ICA is the author of JB's idiotic questions!

ICA and her DT will all be sitting at the same :loser: table when this case concludes...my mind has never waivered...even with the latest shocker on "opening statement" day of tall tales.

I have not been able to sleep because of this darn defense theory (6.45 am here in Finland). It`s too much and I feel like I don`t have energy to think about all it`s details.

Anyway, here`s some "problems" with the defense scenario.

-When Caylee accidentally drowns GA claims ICA will be in prison for neglect and her mom will be mad. Yet he thinks they should hide the body but obviously not too well cause a meter reader finds it. George puts duct tape on Caylee to "implicate Casey", you think that + not calling LE + hiding the body may lead to bigger trouble than an accidental drowning? Makes absolutely no sense for GA to suggest and do this!

-What did George and Casey think Casey was supposed to do after the body was hidden- stay out of the house (out of Cindys sight) and claim to everyone that Caylee was with the imaginanny for God knows how long??? This while the body can be found, time of death can be determined and prove she was lying, prove "nanny" had nothing to do with it, doesn`t even exist?

How is this in any way better for Casey/George than a darn accident???

-The reason the defense had to drag George and Kronk into this is to explain/discredit the murderous duct tape I believe. That Casey did not put it there, that the body was tampered with, poor investigation etc. But there is really no reason for George or Kronk to put the duct tape on Caylee.

- How the heck does the defense know that Kronk took the body, was looking for a reward etc. where`s that "info" coming from, where`s the evidence?

-Also the state has to stipulate the fact that Casey is and has been a habitual, some might say diabolical liar before and after what happened to Caylee, her lies are much more than "pretending like it`s ok" and she doesn`t even pretend it`s ok but talks about (or comes up with) family problems. She does pretend that her character is ok- has a job etc. while living off of other peoples money.

It`s SCARY that some believe the defense.

Or...maybe ICA is the author of JB's idiotic questions!

ICA and her DT will all be sitting at the same :loser: table when this case concludes...my mind has never waivered...even with the latest shocker on "opening statement" day of tall tales.

I agree with you. That is what I meant by passive obedience with JB and the DT taking the stance of "OK, ICA, we will do it your way and tell the court what you want us to tell the court".

Dr. Phil would now step in if we were on TV and say, "ICA, how is your defense working for you"??

I think the DT would have welcomed a plea by ICA several times over as they have NO facts or proof to work with. ICA has buried herself so deep with lies that even if she IS telling a truth no one will believe her.

(quote)
You know, I've said the very same thing myself in the past, as I am a victim, I've even entertained the possibility in the past that Casey was sexually abused. But what I heard today totally changed my mind. It was the salacious way Jose Baez brought it up in open court with George right there for pure shock value! Casey showed no fear when he did, and... if it had happened, how did continuing to live with George protect Caylee from this "abuser"??? I think Casey is crying wolf, and it's just another lie to try to beat a murder rap!!!

I agree as i'm a victim too ...and this is why it is soooo very hard to make people believe your a victim. Casey should be made to pay for her daughter Caylee life ...and to pay for accusing her father and brother of abuse ...Maybe if george had abused her (as in punishment) for stealin,lying just to name a few things ..she may have turn out better than she has now. IV death is really too good for her ...she will be gone .... living it up in hell....while her poor father died a slow death yesterday right in front of our eyes on national TV and will have that in his heart forever till he is buried. MOO

I want to touch on something that hasn't been brought up ,yet.

Many posters on this forum have lost a child .Perhaps they will chime in.

When you lose a child suddenly,unexpectedly (my only frame of reference) the grief is not just emotional. There is a physical reaction . I was unable to control shaking for days. For more than a month I had periods of breath holding followed by a sighs.I don't know how else to describe the odd breathing,but I was not in control of it. My thought processing was slow. It was difficult to remember things. I couldn't eat or sleep for weeks. I wanted to .Sweet oblivion for awhile,but I couldn't.
It does not matter if ICA grew up hiding her feelings.There is NO WAY.She could find her beloved daughter dead ,in the morning,and act naturally by that evening. Just not physically possible ,IMO.
You were grieving, dear Miss James. The sighing...classic symptom of loss (and fear, IMO)...and it doesn't necessarily have to be brought on by death...it's an intense emotional reaction. And it hurts like hell.

oxoxoxoxo

The defense *has* changed my mind.

JB has made the most impressive statements for the prosecution to date.

The defense has not changed my mind, however, my mom who doesn't know anything about this case listened to the defence and said I dont think she is guilty, I think the baby drowned. Because I have followed the case and know how JB is I dont buy it, but it concerns me that someone who hasn't followed it could beleive it, because the jury might buy it, all they need is one to buy it.
I must admit that I agree with your Mother. I have felt from day 1 that this was a terrible accident. Could her Dad have found Caylee and helped Casey hide her, yes ! I recall the dogs hitting by Caylee's play house in the back yard.

The play house could have been where Caylee was placed until someone disposed of her body. As dysfunctional as this crew of people are, anything is possible. I cannot wait to hear Lee's testimony........EVEN under oath these people lie. Truth is an unknown virtue to many of them in the family, & lies come too easily.:loser:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back