Has the defense created reasonable doubt?

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by butterfly1978, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

They all saw the computer generated images. They saw the tape, as it was placed over her nose and mouth. It only took one piece to obstruct her airways. She had three..

2. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

Aggravated Child Abuse +death = the same sentence DP or LWOP

3. LongtimeMedic

LongtimeMedic Former Member

Not attempting to be confrontational at all, but what was it the State presented that proved Aggravated Child Abuse had occurred?? After all... that's a mighty big charge in itself. moo

4. GeekyGirl

GeekyGirl I rock at Trivial Pursuit, just don't ask me where

My take on this is that Casey is unwilling to accept ANY responsibility in Caylee's death. The parts of the state's case that I find to be the most solid, that Caylee was in Casey's care and the death is somehow a result of Casey's actions (or inactions) would probably allow most reasonable people to find her guilty of manslaughter, at minimum. Her only chance of getting off on all the charges (with perhaps the exception of the 4 counts of lying to LE) was to present a defense that absolved her of any direct responsibility for the death. Crazy, I know, but to me it just illustrates the point that no matter what happened that day, Casey would have done exactly what it appears she did... hide the body and move on with her life. MOO

5. Who_What_When

Who_What_When Trying to keep an open mind...

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean + death?

6. GeekyGirl

If you accept that chloroform was used to sedate her and somehow killed her, yes. If it was chloroform or duct tape used to intentionally kill her then premeditation. The point I think the OP was trying to make is that there may be people who aren't convinced BARD that either of those were the COD, and if you're unsure of how she was killed, how can you say it meets the elements of first degree murder? MOO

7. Sabrina2011

Sabrina2011 Inactive

No they have not proved reasonable doubt to me. I'm anxious to hear what the jury's take is

8. GeekyGirl

And Dr G testified that she could not conclusively say that the tape was placed prior to death, which might give some jurors pause. MOO

9. roseofsharon

roseofsharon Active Member

What happens if one juror disagrees on a guilty verdict.

Is the case re-tried or does KC walk.

Thanks -- I don't know law.

10. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

She stated it was placed prior to decomposition-
    In her post mortem report and on the witness stand.

11. GeekyGirl

A body does not begin to visibly decompose right away. I would tend to think if she could have said that it was conclusively applied prior to death she would have testified to that fact.

12. GeekyGirl

13. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Here is what she said. She makes it very clear.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9F0ri7E0A"]YouTube - ‪DR G says Caylee Anthonys death was a Homicide.MOV‬‏[/ame]
    Homicide.

14. Nova24

Nova24 New Member

That would be a hung jury and a mistrial would be called. State then has the option to try the case again. I believe they would.

I don't think we see a full aquittal as 12 will never agree she's not guilty but on the other hand I don't think they get 12 to agree to 1st. I believe it will be 2nd or Agg Man and then convicted onthe 4 lesser charges as well.

15. Nova24

Nova24 New Member

They can't bring her back on their own, right? It has to be State does or they open that door in another way, correct?

From what I can tell only 2 more witnesses to go and both are Gentiva employees.

16. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Well-Known Member

You do know that the jury is going to get evidence that was not actually discussed in the State's CIC?? An example off the top of my head is Casey's photobucket pictures. You know, like the one with the little girl looking up at a teddybear with the noose around it's neck? Saying something like "Why do people kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong" not verbatim of course. Something like that.

17. faefrost

faefrost New Member

So duct taped, trash bagged and dumped like garbage in a swamp is an accidental death or natural causes? (I'm really hoping we can rule out suicide?)

18. LongtimeMedic

I'm not a legal expert, but I believe the SAO would have to present something that opens the door for it to be rebutted first... that's what surrebuttal is for, the Defense last shot at rebutting States Evidence. I thought they should have re-called her in their CIC and asked about it. JMOO.

Input from any legal professionals is very welcomed to confirm or deny my interpretation.

19. Nova24

Nova24 New Member

TY. I think you have it right. What does CIC mean? I have the drift of what you mean by your statement but not sure what the initials stand for. Thanks again.

20. LongtimeMedic

CIC = Case In Chief.