Has this turned into a reality show?

From the very first time the family appeard in public, the family reactions were video taped and profilers were watching.

In my opinion this is a police tactic being used to shake people up in the hopes that someone is going to break. And if they don't, the constant irritation is going to continue. The next move I see are possible civil actions against friends of Terri, or even Terri herself. These are all ways to get answers that are not willingly given.

There is a small cluster of people who I believe know that they could be in a world of trouble if they don't start cooperating. Maybe they haven't been named, but I believe there are other Dede's out there.

I also believe there is a reason for all of these motions to be filed. They want to force Terri to go under oath and be questioned. Houze is going to try to stop that from happening, but these constant irritants are going to keep Houze constantly busy and Terri under constant pressure.

This is not unlike other cases. I think the difference here is that Kaine is rock hard determined as is Desiree , to not give up on that pressure on Terri. I personally think that it is a positive way for Kaine and Desiree to work toward Kyron being found.

This case is however, more civilized than we see in many other cases. The family is using the justice system to assert the pressure, and that is OK by me. What else can they do? Sitting home crying sure isn't going to bring Kyron back.

Reality Show? Not for our viewing pleasure that is for sure. This is real life pain and suffering and two bio-parents who are saying I'm not going to take this lying down.

Another fabulous post. I thought yesterday's post that I commented on was fabulous and couldn't be surpassed.

Now another one today!!!!

I say we put the whole lot in a "big brother" type house. Instead of voting to evict, they can vote to convict. Who needs a judge and jury anyway.

MOO

Mel

I'd say for those who think it's a reality show, you have free will to change the channel. Kyron's parents do not.

I'd say for those who think it's a reality show, you have free will to change the channel. Kyron's parents do not.

Clever but not necessarily true.

I'll admit that I'm not watching any of these interviews but I've been thinking what is bugging me about all this. Everything that seems to come out of their mouths is aimed at trashing TH and putting themselves on pedastles.

For example, KH saying J would rather live with him. Seems to me KH was a very uninvolved parent that wasn't paying too much attention to what was going on. He's also said a few untruths such as that J was sent away in order to protect him from the Kyron case. Except we know he was already sent down to live with his grandparents. DY says that Kyron was begging not to be sent back home and KH places that entirely on TH and doesn't take responsibility for anything that might contribute to it. DY is talking about what a horrible person, liar etc TH is yet she left her child with her since basically the minute he was born.

I'm now downing the parents for their choices but the fact is we are all human. Any one of us could be put through the shredder in a case like this. All of us make mistakes. My natural inclination of hearing that someone had a MFH plot on my head would not JUST be "Oh man that person was crazy" but a sincere look at my own behavior to try to understand why someone I married and loved with whom I had spent my life would feel such feelings towards me.

I haven't seen any of that from either of them and it is rubbing me the wrong way.

Examples of what I mean would be any sort of trying to understand how THEY might have contributed to this catastrophy in their OWN behavior.

We get nothing about how unfair it is to expect TH to drive four hours each way to drop off Kyron.

We get nothing about perhaps TH was overwhelmed with K and Baby K in her PPD. It just becomes "she's messed up."

This comes across as these parents basically using the sympathy of the public to paint themselves as complete and total innocence while TH is (unusual).

THIS is what comes across as the "reality" tv to me. Not the media coverage or public interest but the way these two seem to be using the media to "create their story" in the public eye. As far as I know TY is not doing the same thing.

:waitasec:

Do not attack the poster, discuss the points in a post. No more YOU or since YOU or terms like that. Stop with the rudeness and start being considerate to alternative or opposing ideas and thoughts.

I think they're more successfully keeping Kyron in the news by doing these interviews than "please find Kyron" "please find Kyron" which might get old for people after a while especially given many believe he's dead.

I suggest they AREN'T taking the focus off the case - but ARE putting more focus on it.
And in the end, they are merely being honest with their thoughts and responding to questions honestly. And I believe they have the support of LE else they would've suggested to nix it.

It is a double-edge sword - the media attention. LE has obviously stopped physically searching. So, what else is there to report? Feelings, context, statements, etc. Now, if the family wants the reporting to stop, then stop the interviews and stop talking. But then what? The case and Kyron float into electronic oblivion and Americans, as they are wont to do, will go on with their lives not paying attention. The tips will dry up.

The only thing I can extrapolate from this is that LE does NOT have enough evidence or tips to find Kyron or prosecute anyone, and by keeping KH, DY and TY in the media every other day or what have you, someone or something will turn up or someone will cave.

And how sucky would that be as a parent of a missing child? On one hand, I guess one might feel like s/he is "doing something" to help find the child, but on the other...as we have seen...it gets terribly invasive and gossip laden and then facts get misconstrued, rumors flourish, and everything is a mess.

I wish that LE was more forthright, that there was more physical evidence available or witness statements, and that there was some indication that Kyron would be found in any state of being. But, just like Caylee, that's not how this is panning out.

I don't doubt for ONE MINUTE that everyone on this site has anyone but Kyron as a priority.

When we get a webcam outside the house like we did with the A's... then it will officially be a reality show. :winko:

I don't get the feeling that they are so worried about Kyron to be honest. I mean I know obviously that they are. However I'm seeing lots of red herrings thrown out there. Why for example would KH go after the money that TH used to pay her attorney. I've said this before that it is quite obvious that their attacks on TH have only served to shut her down completely. Revealing private information about TH does nothing to encourage her to come forward or encourage others who might know something to get involved. They are being ripped through the shredder. I can see if someone who might know something will not say one word because of the way it is being handled.

I couldn't agree with this more...I wish I could hit the TY button a few more times too!

This bugs me SO much. Their actions, or choice of information to dispell flies DIRECTLY into the face of wanting this solved. It drives me to think 2 things:

1. LE does not think Terri did this, and
2. THEY know where Kyron is.

Which logically I don't think makes any sense at all. But their actions are not at all consistent with their message! MOSTLY the idea that Terri is a liar, yet they repeat it and expect us to believe it???

The more time that goes on, the more I think we have a very troubled woman. And a missing child. And that these 2 things are completely seperate.

I can't imagine LE or their attornies not advising them better in relation to the investigation...which makes me feel like this is all about the divorce (and what they are doing isn't affecting the investigation) as that seems to be the motivation to all of their comments.

Terri seems to have checked out from her life a long time ago. The biggest conflict I'm seeing is that she actually cared enough about anyone (including herself) to plot anything (MFH or abduction or an affair). She seems to be living a 'virtual' life. And D&K seem to be targeting a spot on Dr. Phil.

I am truely getting very tired of it and wonder if we are looking at a Ramsey kinda situation, where that poor family was dragged through the mud, convicted by the public, and eventually cleared...yet the poor little girls killer was never found. I'm sure there are very few people that would survive scrutiny of this type...I wonder what would come out of Terri's mouth IF she did speak...perhaps Kaine & Desiree wouldn't look as clean and neat either.

In my opinion, THEY are making her look more decent, in a way. Who cares about all these family matters. Clearly LE doesn't want information discussed...yet K&D are the ones chattering...

The bottom line is that all we can do is try to speculate about everything, using even the littlest 'clues' to build an understanding...and wonder if we will ever know the truth.

I couldn't agree with this more...I wish I could hit the TY button a few more times too!

This bugs me SO much. Their actions, or choice of information to dispell flies DIRECTLY into the face of wanting this solved. It drives me to think 2 things:

1. LE does not think Terri did this, and
2. THEY know where Kyron is.

Which logically I don't think makes any sense at all. But their actions are not at all consistent with their message! MOSTLY the idea that Terri is a liar, yet they repeat it and expect us to believe it???

The more time that goes on, the more I think we have a very troubled woman. And a missing child. And that these 2 things are completely seperate.

I can't imagine LE or their attornies not advising them better in relation to the investigation...which makes me feel like this is all about the divorce (and what they are doing isn't affecting the investigation) as that seems to be the motivation to all of their comments.

Terri seems to have checked out from her life a long time ago. The biggest conflict I'm seeing is that she actually cared enough about anyone (including herself) to plot anything (MFH or abduction or an affair). She seems to be living a 'virtual' life. And D&K seem to be targeting a spot on Dr. Phil.

I am truely getting very tired of it and wonder if we are looking at a Ramsey kinda situation, where that poor family was dragged through the mud, convicted by the public, and eventually cleared...yet the poor little girls killer was never found. I'm sure there are very few people that would survive scrutiny of this type...I wonder what would come out of Terri's mouth IF she did speak...perhaps Kaine & Desiree wouldn't look as clean and neat either.

In my opinion, THEY are making her look more decent, in a way. Who cares about all these family matters. Clearly LE doesn't want information discussed...yet K&D are the ones chattering...

The bottom line is that all we can do is try to speculate about everything, using even the littlest 'clues' to build an understanding...and wonder if we will ever know the truth.

More cowbell.

This is where I am at this point as well. I've never ruled out any possibility, but the picture forming in my mind is that Terri's problems and Kyron's abduction are mutually exclusive.

Well-said! :blowkiss:

This is as real as reality can get. No one wants their life exposed to the world this way. But this is how crimes play out. People should go back and read about the Lizzy Borden Case if you want old-timey drama. It was in all the newspapers 100 years ago, long before reality TV.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden[/ame]

If I was a parent who wanted my missing child mystery solved I'd be in the press talking about MY CHILD. I'd be talking about the day that he went missing. I'd take the tv show back to the site. I'd take the interviewers into areas around the school. I'd go to the places that are involved in the investigation in order to put this important details into the public mind in case someone might have seen something.

I'd be joining forces with Adam Walsh's father and the parents of other child abductions. In fact I'd be trying to use whatever attention I could raise to try to help those parents as well.

I wouldn't be discussing how TH slept with my husband 9 years ago.

That is my opinion only.

If I was a parent who wanted my missing child mystery solved I'd be in the press talking about MY CHILD. I'd be talking about the day that he went missing. I'd take the tv show back to the site. I'd take the interviewers into areas around the school. I'd go to the places that are involved in the investigation in order to put this important details into the public mind in case someone might have seen something.

I'd be joining forces with Adam Walsh's father and the parents of other child abductions. In fact I'd be trying to use whatever attention I could raise to try to help those parents as well.

That is my opinion only.

Did you see Dateline last week? They talked at length about Kyron for an hour.

That's fantastic. An hour. Wooowee. How long have they been talking about TH? And the past relationship, how crazy TH is, her lies, her PPD her money etc etc etc etc etc.

Sorry I'm getting really jaded by all this. I haven't followed most cases like this but I have never seen in the media people in a situation like this behave in this manner. The only ones who come close are Casey Anthony's parents and I kinda consider them accessories to the crime.

It's like "lets talk about anything else but the facts to do with this child's case"

That is my opinion only.

Past behavior is an indication of future behavior. Sleeping with a man who has someone else pregnant, is really, really, bad. Yes, I am aware it takes two, but Desiree kicked him to the curb and got away from Kaine, it wasn't meant to be, and karma kicked Kaine in the butt you can kinda say because now look at what he brought into their lives, and look what happened. Kaine has to live with his bad choices for the rest of his life, he could be a cheating man, that still does not give one the right to take his life away or kill his child. Desiree has the right to expose this woman for all she possibly is, I mean how do we know this wasn't done to hurt Desiree? Maybe Terri was jealous of Desiree? Maybe she didn't want Kaine having a child with anyone but her, wasn't Terri emailing Desiree in the hours the child was at school, but wasn't?

I think Terri is diabolical and I hope Desiree tells us more about this kind of person, maybe it can help someone see the warning signs in others, and prevent messes like this.

jmo

So the question is, has this turned into a reality show? No, more like a parent's worst nightmare and one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. To compare Kyron's case to a reality show is quite troublesome to me. Everyone wanted Kaine and Desiree to talk and issue statements and now that they have, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If people find the parent's interviews so bothersome, then maybe changing the channel, not clicking on the link to the article, or staying away from message boards where there is discussion about the case, etc. is the thing to do. Everytime Kaine and Desiree are featured in the media, Kyron's story is there. If people don't like what they say, don't listen or read, it's very simple. Continuing to put Kyron's story out there is the most important thing and truthfully, I don't care what or how they do it. Perhaps Kyron's stepmother should stop hiding behind her attorney and tell what she knows. JMO.

That's fantastic. An hour. Wooowee. How long have they been talking about TH? And the past relationship, how crazy TH is, her lies, her PPD her money etc etc etc etc etc.

Sorry I'm getting really jaded by all this. I haven't followed most cases like this but I have never seen in the media people in a situation like this behave in this manner. The only ones who come close are Casey Anthony's parents and I kinda consider them accessories to the crime.

It's like "lets talk about anything else but the facts to do with this child's case"

Given the way this case is being handled, I can sort of see your frustration. I agree with GrandmaJ's comment up thread, something about (paraphrasing) that we'll probably be seeing more DeDe's coming out of the woodwork. The media folks seem just as frustrated; however, you are aware that some trusted media outlets are given information since they have sources not always available to LE. However, this would be a trusted, long-standing relationship and could explain, somewhat, why the public sees and/or hears exactly what we know and don't know so far.

We're used to the media coverage of Caylee and HaLeigh (still on-going) and every little bit of trivia being vomited out of any blogger of the moment and taking it as the TRUTH. IMOO, the coverage of beautiful Kyron is being handled this way for important reasons. One day we may or may not know why. What is important right now is that we trust LE as it appears that KH and DY are doing. I keep reminding myself that TY is LE so, hopefully, he can give KH and DY some support in that area.

As for feeling like a reality show, in a way it is, IMO. Perhaps nearly every appearance, interview, etc., is scripted much like a shake down to make certain people do the right thing. And they know who they are, IMO. I did notice that during the last presser, TY's eyes mostly avoided the camera, FWIW. To me, that meant a last-minute script change.

JMO as always.

So the question is, has this turned into a reality show? No, more like a parent's worst nightmare and one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. To compare Kyron's case to a reality show is quite troublesome to me. Everyone wanted Kaine and Desiree to talk and issue statements and now that they have, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If people find the parent's interviews so bothersome, then maybe changing the channel, not clicking on the link to the article, or staying away from message boards where there is discussion about the case, etc. is the thing to do. Everytime Kaine and Desiree are featured in the media, Kyron's story is there. If people don't like what they say, don't listen or read, it's very simple. Continuing to put Kyron's story out there is the most important thing and truthfully, I don't care what or how they do it. Perhaps Kyron's stepmother should stop hiding behind her attorney and tell what she knows. JMO.

BBM respectfully.

Now that could work about now. :twocents:

I'm sure a lot of us here have had things happen in ours lives that we didn't expect or see coming. I know I have.

The parents, stepparents, children and other family members have all been thrust into a situation that I'm sure they've never imagined would happen to them. I will readily admit that I'm not sure how I'd react in terms of media coverage to bring my child home, I'd be doing anything and everything I could. These people didn't rehearse for this, this has been brought to them by a person who did something that most of us can scarcely comprehend.

If this has been made a reality show in some eyes, I think we all need to remember that this is reality with all the awful, horrendous and incomprensible turns that life throws at us sometimes, admittedly, these events are on a much more massive scale than we may have experienced but none of us are immune to life changing events occuring without warning.

I just keep coming back to the fact that the worst excesses of the adults' behaviours are probably a product of this situation, but all anybody wants is for Kyron to be found. Hopefully alive and well. The rest of the situation can be dealt with then.

Praying this lovely boy is still with us

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304