Have you heard this? Padilla speaks to a caller

Ya. What tripped her up was his offering to call her back. That changed the ball game too. She didn't sound very prepared. I'm sure he won't press any charges against her. He didn't really say anything "new" to her that he didn't already mention on the Nancy Grace show. Except the flirting thing. LOL

He seems like a good sport.

I thought it was funny that he initially said he didn't think there was anything going on between Baez and Casey since Baez's wife is so good looking but on second thought admitted that all men were dogs! he is quite funny guy and a character. I love him now!

I'm not going to disagree with your diagnosis and many others, however what intrigues me is how Caylee made it to almost 3 years old. If CA killed her why did she wait so long or what pushed her over the edge?

I believe that until this event, the grandparents were literally the saving grace. I don't think we know (or will know) exactly what the trigger was, but when she leaves and never returns with Caylee on or about the 16th, the child is doomed, because at that point she is Casey's sole responsibility -- no buffers to keep Caylee safe.

I believe the same thing.

Now to get enough physical evidence to prove it.... a jury will need a tad more than conjecture. Though Scott Peterson was put away on very little physical evidence so it is possible.

I would just hate to see her go free over lack of evidence. Even if we took the best case scenario and Caylee was killed in a complete and total accident, Casey's reaction to the accident and subsequent lying and trying to cover it up should be enough to convict her on at least manslaughter I would hope. That is, if Casey ever actually admits to ANYTHING.

The one thing about the Scott P case was they could place him at the scene..he went fishing on Christmas Eve in the same body of water where LP and CP were found. I think that was a very vital peice of the puzzle.

So as the case stands right now..with what info we have right this second.. Let's pretend we get no more information and her body is never found. Is as it stands right this minute.. is there reasonable doubt to whether or not Casey murdered Caylee?

The one thing about the Scott P case was they could place him at the scene..he went fishing on Christmas Eve in the same body of water where LP and CP were found. I think that was a very vital peice of the puzzle.

Yes, but in this case we have the car. There is also the shovel and all the info from the phone records and the computers...

I know it seems hard to believe, but this lady (Casey) appears to be a full blown sociopath. She has all the classic traits. It's my belief that much like the Scott Peterson case, she eliminated Caylee when she (Caylee) by her presence interferred with the life she wanted to lead whether it was a love interest, her social life, her perceived freedom. These folks have no moral compass -- it's all about them, whatever it takes. A normal human being, with any semblance of caring, would have called 911 if the child was hurt, or even perceived to be on the brink of death or even possibly dead.

It's not hard for me to believe.
I think it's all about Caylee interferring with her life-style.

Is it illegal to record a conversation if one party isn't aware of it? Just curious...

It seems pretty underhanded from this girl if you ask me.

felt the same way....i don't think that's very nice without posting if she had permission.:waitasec:

I believe that until this event, the grandparents were literally the saving grace. I don't think we know (or will know) exactly what the trigger was, but when she leaves and never returns with Caylee on or about the 16th, the child is doomed, because at that point she is Casey's sole responsibility -- no buffers to keep Caylee safe.
You are so right, they were "literally" the saving grace. After the first day that Caylee was Casey's sole responsibility she was never seen again.

Yes, but in this case we have the car. There is also the shovel and all the info from the phone records and the computers...

Right and if the body was found in that Amscott dumpster it would be complete..but it wasn't.

I think most people presume the flurry of calls on the 16th were panic after Caylee's death. I am not sure I agree. I lean towards the calls being about CASEY (mad that no one will answer, angry that she's going to be turned in for the GGMA check stuff, whatever), which means they could have been before or after the incident. Just my opinion.

I believe the same thing.

Now to get enough physical evidence to prove it.... a jury will need a tad more than conjecture. Though Scott Peterson was put away on very little physical evidence so it is possible.

I would just hate to see her go free over lack of evidence. Even if we took the best case scenario and Caylee was killed in a complete and total accident, Casey's reaction to the accident and subsequent lying and trying to cover it up should be enough to convict her on at least manslaughter I would hope. That is, if Casey ever actually admits to ANYTHING.

thanks for link, interesting. I have been wondering what the hair would show in the way of chemicals, such as drugs. doesn't the hair hold these things within it until it falls out or gets cut out? wonder if it would show a history of caylee being drugged?

right now on the charges she is up against w/o murder/manslaughter she is looking at a max of 17 years. i know, not enough, but comforting somewhat that she won't get off scot-free.

First of all I truly believe that was Leonard Padilla she called so that is a non issue to me. Sounds just like him and he new everything about the case.

2ndly, in my opinion, when Leonard said the thing about maybe Caylee fell off of Tony's balcony, I think he is just saying in his way that it was an accident that Caylee died, not that she literally fell off the balcony (cos he also mentions choking on a candy bar). He doesn't know exactly how Caylee died but he thinks it may have been an accident. I am not so sure. Maybe it was because:

Casey definitely has some sort of mental problems. She actually sounds not only mentally ill but dim. Retarded in some way. I don't know how to say it in a politcally correct way. I think she was born with some sort of deficit. Not to say she isn't guilty but it sure is a shame her parents let her run off and put her in charge of a baby with her problems! I almost blame the parents. It is obvious there is something very wrong with Casey. I hope she takes the plea deal so we can maybe get to the bottom of what happened. This girl does not belong on the streets again ever. She needs to live her life out in prison or be put away in a mental ward. Her parents also need help to have allowed her out on the streets to prey on people and live a life of crime!

Wow so much has been said in that convo.
Interesting that she was hitting on people while out on bond- you'd think there were much more pressing issues at hand. But apparently not when you are casey anthony.

LP's take on the balcony is intersting to say the least. I don't think I have heard that one yet.
Would be interesting to see what the balconies look like at TonE's apts.

And you know, I just don't know what to think of the Padilla's. I can't get a beat on them. But I do think how cool it is that he actually took this call and chatted with this girl. It really humanizes him.

Right and if the body was found in that Amscott dumpster it would be complete..but it wasn't.
Do we know that for certain? I mean, I know no body was found there, but is there no evidence that a body was EVER there? Whatever happened to the slew of dumpster photos the media alluded to the same day the 400 pages were released?

I'm not going to disagree with your diagnosis and many others, however what intrigues me is how Caylee made it to almost 3 years old. If CA killed her why did she wait so long or what pushed her over the edge?

I'm trying to remember when Casey's friends all went to PR without her. She was hoping to go but found out that she couldn't afford the trip so they all went ahead and she stayed home. Maybe that was the catalyst that put her over the edge?

I know they came back from the trip after Caylee went missing but they probably planned for the vacation before Caylee's disappearance and therefore Casey knew she couldn't go with them before Caylee vanished.

I'm trying to remember when Casey's friends all went to PR without her. She was hoping to go but found out that she couldn't afford the trip so they all went ahead and she stayed home. Maybe that was the catalyst that put her over the edge?

I know they came back from the trip after Caylee went missing but they probably planned for the vacation before Caylee's disappearance and therefore Casey knew she couldn't go with them before Caylee vanished.
I like your line of thought. Perhaps the $300 or so she stole from GGMA was for the trip, and they made her give it back, so she could not go? Just a thought...

Do we know that for certain? I mean, I know no body was found there, but is there no evidence that a body was EVER there? Whatever happened to the slew of dumpster photos the media alluded to the same day the 400 pages were released?

I would like to know the same thing...and so far I've heard nothing more about the dumpster photos.

Best thing outta that call was that Casey was hitting on Rob. Baez better look out. She's a predator type. I've never heard of that condition of release - no tight or revealing clothing - before. They knew something was up with her along those lines right away. She prbably tried to come on to investigators, guards or even the judge - he did say her mental state was "hard to describe."

Leonard said - fell off balcony, drowned, or choked on candy bar? He has no clue. We have more of a clue than he does.

I would like to know the same thing...and so far I've heard nothing more about the dumpster photos.
I really believe those dumpster photos hold the key. In my heart, I think the allusion to releasing them but never actually releasing them was supposed to prompt Casey to speak. I think the knowledge the LE was close was supposed to break her. JMO of course.

Kinda nice to hear from LP and know what the heck went down between him & JB those last 24 hours.

Not sure what to think about taping him without permission - I mean - ethically speaking...
But LP's a big boy. However, I'm guessin' he may not have floated those balconey/candy theories, had he known he was being taped. JMHO

And oh!, Poor Rob. :eek:
IMO he did look rather uncomfortable in every pix & video.

Casey hitting on Rob !!!

Oh yeah... I could see that in some of the videos that were shown.
Casey believes she's God's gift to men too!:crazy:

I think I'm going to go call Leonard now.:) not really.

But wouldn't you love to chit chat about this crazy family and get more of his insight?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back