HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Samantha, it's a sad situation but I'm thankful her family can lay her to rest.

Imo, no reason I can think of to keep identity of remain that have been there a while secret, if they have been identified.

This is heartbreaking. It always is. I hope her family can have some peace and closure.

She was 22, just 2 years older than Heather.

I am so thankful for Samantha's family that she has finally been found but I am so tired of these beautiful young people going missing and not being found for years. As a parent that has got to be one of the worst forms of hell on earth. Please Father God, let Heather and all the other missing children be reunited with their families sooner rather than later. We have got to stop those who come to kill, steal and destroy from having the upper hand!

Imo, no reason I can think of to keep identity of remain that have been there a while secret, if they have been identified.

Unless there's a gag order in place pertaining to the case??? I don't know. I never thought this could be Heather but the silence is deafening. Thinking of the Elvis family today...

It's quite curious that these recent bones were identified the next day but ones found last week have not! Could if be that this person is not reported missing? But you would think if the bones are 'child like' that someone is missing them!! Curiouser and curiouser.
I hope that a family somewhere will have closure soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't thinking it was Heather, but all of this time is driving me insane. You would think that by comparing Heathers dental records, they could at least rule her out? Even if they don't know who it may be at this point. Or maybe they cant publicly rule someone out without confirmation of who it is.

Wasn't thinking it was Heather, but all of this time is driving me insane. You would think that by comparing Heathers dental records, they could at least rule her out? Even if they don't know who it may be at this point. Or maybe they cant publicly rule someone out without confirmation of who it is.
I'm thinking that maybe they'd say if it was her, but if it's not they can't say anything because it's not related to this case and there's now a gag order? Hope this makes sense.

I just messaged a WMBF reporter on the case to ask about the gag order and reporting on any remains. I will let you know if I hear back.

I just messaged a WMBF reporter on the case to ask about the gag order and reporting on any remains. I will let you know if I hear back.

Thank you! I think we all have this on our minds. I just keep thinking of the Elvis family having to wait so long for answers as to whether this poor person could be their daughter. Tammy, you have a big mouth for everything else...tell where Heather is! (Ya, right, as if she ever would!)

Maybe the person had no dental work so they have to do DNA?

Yes, and getting DNA from older bones can be time consuming. There's a step that multiplies the DNA in the sample to make enough for testing, and that can take a couple of weeks. (I think I explained that correctly.)

I'm thinking that maybe they'd say if it was her, but if it's not they can't say anything because it's not related to this case and there's now a gag order? Hope this makes sense.

That makes sense thank you!

Also, I was thinking that even with the gag order they (IMO) could still tell us Heather was found. But not any detail on the findings or other evidence along with her.

I'm just praying for the families of missing loved ones waiting for answers. As much as it affects me, I can't imagine being in their shoes.

I found this on the Volusia County Sheriff Dept FB. Someone asked if the remains had been identified and VSCO replied that it's taking a long time because it's so very involved.

https://www.facebook.com/VolusiaCountySheriff

Volusia County Sheriff's Office No, they have not. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to say how long the identification process will take. It’s not as simple as rolling fingerprints off of a fresh body, entering them into a database and then hoping for a hit. These were a bag of bones, making the identification process very technical and challenging. It requires equal part science and investigative follow-up work, resulting in a difficult and labor-intensive process. We'll be sure to update everyone on Facebook when we have some new news to report.

I doubt very much the find has to do with Heather. Sounds like several years since the death of this person, IMO.

I'm thinking it could be that there were no teeth to compare. As bad as I hate to say it, there have been cases in the past where teeth were removed to keep remains from being identified .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288