HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the morning news here and they mentioned Heather and the body found in Florida. I got a pit in my stomach when it hit me - they haven't said "No, based on age/size of remains/etc" it's not Heather. The fact there is a gag order and LE cannot speak to the media regarding Heather's case - and that NOTHING has been said -- has me feeling ill. :(

Is anyone here from Florida (Orlando area) that could update on if the news down there is reporting anything different? Like it could possibly be one of the missing from down there?

The silence is deafening. :(

Heather......beautiful Heather......

Praying for the Elvis family big time - as these days have to be devastating, sad, horrible.....

My granddad actually lives a few miles from where this person was found so I called him yesterday and asked him to watch the news for me. I'll update you guys if he sees anything of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can't take long. You know Horry county has probably had her dental records for a while now. IMO.

It makes me feel sick. Whether it is her or not, it will help someone out there find closure. Prayers.

My fear, no matter who this is, is that it's not 'all' of them....but as zelmajane pointed out and we know it was at least a skull, they can quickly compare dental records. That should quickly rule this in or out....if out, we should hear that very quickly....if not, the silence will be deafening and speak volumes.

I would think it quite likely that it is related to the Suariz case - a very sad case indeed involving a mother & her two children. At least if it is, it will help convict their killer.

I hope they are searching the rest of the area for additional bags. :(

Just watched the morning news here and they mentioned Heather and the body found in Florida. I got a pit in my stomach when it hit me - they haven't said "No, based on age/size of remains/etc" it's not Heather. The fact there is a gag order and LE cannot speak to the media regarding Heather's case - and that NOTHING has been said -- has me feeling ill. :(

Is anyone here from Florida (Orlando area) that could update on if the news down there is reporting anything different? Like it could possibly be one of the missing from down there?

Praying for the Elvis family big time - as these days have to be devastating, sad, horrible.....

I am a local and have been closely watching both the Yessenia Suzrez developments and the Heather Elvis case. I will update when I can. MOO I doubt the remains are those of Heather.

Deland is kinda off the beaten track and imo the remains were placed there by someone who knows the area. I have no idea how well the M's might know the area but the suspect in the Yessenia Suarez case knows the area very well. In fact, on one of the first searches for Yessenia and her children we were advised by her stepfather to watch very closely for black garbage bags. MOO That, plus after discussion with family and LE, TES searched in East Deland (near/in an old orange grove) and the remains were found in East Deland.

Please see this thread for links to news stories (especially page 15 for information on the remains found, TES and more) for information on the Yessenia Suarez case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225001&highlight=yessenia+suarez

JMO MOO

I googled and read most news reports coming from Orlando area and NOT one of them mentioning any thoughts from that area (even the missing wife and 2 children from last fall) but HE was mentioned in one. That's why my post from yesterday made me feel like LE knows something already.

I noticed that the Florida local articles last night had stopped mentioning the Suarez case and just said they were waiting for identification. It certainly sounds like the most likely case and it would be good news of a sort for her family. That mythical closure, anyway.

It all seems quite strange. Something is going on. I hope we have word soon.

whoa. interesting. I'd mentioned previously a body was found during a foot chase by Tallahassee police dept, and while tally is a bit out of the way, a situation such as this seems a real possibility to me.

I'm trying to get the hang of this new set up.... !

ETA: http://www.wctv.tv/news/crimestoppe...ct-on-Pullen-Road-240178271.html?device=phone

a fine example of local reporting, they've yet to update it. body found 1/14.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Honestly, I hope it is her. But I doubt it. LE made it clear they were tailing them on the trip to FL. How could they have missed a dumping of a body at an intersection if that was the case?

Maybe LE gave a heads to FL when they were headed that way but to actually follow their every move?
I would believe TE had a PI follow them before LE. I wouldn't think LE would have the $ or manpower to do this unless they found hard evidence that morning....but if that was the case they could've made an arrest earlier....ughh it's sooo confusing and frustrating.

Does anyone think it's realistic that the M's kept a body (which btw would have been decomposing) for 3+ weeks and then take this (decomposing) body on their trip down to FL for SM's half-marathon run?

Dec 18 - Dec 31 = 13 days
Jan 1 - Jan 10 = 10 days

23 days (approximately) until the M's went to FL from the time HE was murdered.

I would think Heather would be ruled in/out pretty quickly...they have access to her dental records and DNA, surely, IMO.

Does anyone think it's realistic that the M's kept a body (which btw would have been decomposing) for 3+ weeks and then take this (decomposing) body on their trip down to FL for SM's half-marathon run?

Jan 1 - Jan 10 = 10 days

No. But maybe one or both of them went on on December 18th, 19th, 20th.....

Maybe, but then again, it's possible LE got evidence they were both in the area in the 3 to 4 or so days after HE's disappearance and there may be more than one source that corroborates this (cell phone pings, sightings on video, SM showing up at a job, TM on camera at a local grocery store, etc).

I look at where LE has concentrated search efforts to provide clues to where they think HE's body may be. I have yet to see any search take place on the way to FL in the 4 months this investigation has been active.

If this is NOT Heather, and yet LE contacted FL officials so quickly...kind of sad to think they might have run out of ideas where she could be...unless they have pings near this town. JMO

Jan 1 - Jan 10 = 10 days

No, not really, especially when you add in that they had the kids with them.

I think it's possible that one of them, probably SM, left at once and drove straight down to an area they were familiar with, and was back before Heather's car was found.

There's a missing young woman, who was also in the army, in NC who lived in Fayetteville. Coming up on 2 years since her disappearance. Any time there's a body found either in the general vicinity or in the state or headed toward FL, where her estranged hubby lived, LE will check to see if the body could be her. You'd be surprised just how many bodies are found in/around Fayetteville, NC and points south. Lots and lots of bodies. And that woman was 23 yrs old, 5'0" tall, and barely 100 lbs. I think it's common for LE agencies to make sure the local LE of any place where a body is found knows about their missing persons who might fit a similar physical description. Especially in dealing with skeletonized or very badly decomposed remains.

There's a missing young woman, who was also in the army, in NC who lived in Fayetteville. Coming up on 2 years since her disappearance. Any time there's a body found either in the general vicinity or in the state or headed toward FL, where her estranged hubby lived, LE will check to see if the body could be her. You'd be surprised just how many bodies are found in/around Fayetteville, NC and points south. Lots and lots of bodies. And that woman was 23 yrs old, 5'0" tall, and barely 100 lbs. I think it's common for LE agencies to make sure the local LE of any place where a body is found knows about their missing persons who might fit a similar physical description. Especially in dealing with skeletonized or very badly decomposed remains.

Even missing people from Boston sometimes wind up in Florida.

I thought about the length of time we're talking here, the large cash withdrawal(s)afterwards...No one was counting on the call to the roommate factor IF it was premeditated, or if not premeditated at least hoping she had not spoken with anyone between pay phone call and PTL to let them know she had been in contact with SM. Maybe if it wasn't planned, things unfolded, hence the large cash withdrawal with an initial knee-jerk reaction intent to leave the area, but hesitancy KNOWING, even if they thought they covered their tracks THAT night, sooner rather than later LE WOULD come knocking simply due to the past relationship; they needed to be around at least for the first knock, right? And maybe they thought, stupidly so, one knock and Tammy & Sid's 'charm' was all it would take to send LE along their merry way. But oh, how wrong they were.....So maybe, and I'm eluding to things gently here, they had to put disposal 'on ice' for a while, just a couple weeks to get their heads together and not look like they were GTHOD, but meanwhile 'hey, there IS still the problem in the freezer we need to deal with, Sid.'

I wonder if all storage facilities where someone could store a chest freezer w/ electricity were checked, and again, gently as I may, all power tools accounted for and thoroughly analyzed, etc. Reason tells me they would not have kept any devices used on her though.

My granddad actually lives a few miles from where this person was found so I called him yesterday and asked him to watch the news for me. I'll update you guys if he sees anything of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members